Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 92,294 times)

Spoonman101

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 29, 2014, 11:55:09 AM
Quote from: Russ on Jun 29, 2014, 11:53:31 AMI'm also not convinced that "everyone" complained because of the lack of gore.
I complained because it was shite.
Yeah well you're as cynical as a sloth trapped in sinking sand.  :laugh:
If it wasn't for AvP I wouldn't be on this forum today. I really enjoyed the film and it introduced me to the culture behind the Alien and Predator universe as well. I understand some elements are not for everyone in which a lot of people disliked it. As a kid growing up I bought a lot of merchandize; games, DVDs, comics. I'm a fan because of AvP and I'm probably not alone, that is a benefit on its own.

Russ

Quote from: SiL on Jun 29, 2014, 12:29:20 PM
Quote from: Russ on Jun 29, 2014, 11:53:31 AM
I'm not convinced that fans and critics were the only people that went to see the movie.
Casual cinemagoers vaguely aware of the series were also disappointed by the gore.

You can't argue it's a well-loved, well-received movie when it clearly wasn't and a major hangup people had was the lack of gore. There's a reason every filmmaker after made a point of saying they wouldn't be doing that -- they know they'd alienate their audience if they did.

I'm not. You said everyone complained because of the lack of gore. I'm saying they didn't.

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 29, 2014, 12:31:42 PM
I'm a fan because of AvP and I'm probably not alone, that is a benefit on its own.

No. Everyone hates it, Spoonman101. Everyone. We are alone. Aloonnneee. Alonnneeee.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 29, 2014, 12:31:42 PMYeah well you're as cynical as a sloth trapped in sinking sand.  :laugh:
No, it's just a crap film. The characters are all utterly dull and uninteresting, the dialogue is appalling and the plot makes absolutely no sense. It's rubbish.

If you enjoyed it, fine. I enjoy some crappy movies. But you cannot seriously think it was a great movie.

Spoonman101

Great movie?! OH f**k no! It really isn't, and I'm just yanking your leg dude you know I love you!

I directed the post to moreover on the statement that everyone complained about the film.

hfeldhaus

http://collider.com/robert-rodriguez-predators-sin-city-2-interview/#more-341723

Didn't know where to put this. Rodriguez talks about a planned second predators and how he came to direct the first.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 29, 2014, 04:32:05 PM
Didn't know where to put this. Rodriguez talks about a planned second predators and how he came to direct the first.

Interesting how the interviewer mentioned how some people felt that the Super Predators devalued the original creature! Heh! Nice find there, man! Nice find indeed!

Mike

Why are you so into trashing Predators all the time, at least it was decent enough to warrant some fans here and there. How bout you demolish that Prometheus movie which many many don't like. I know it's your opinion but you keep stating it and stating it and stating it and even stating it over and over again. Predators was a great film felt like a true sequel to Predator.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Mike on Jun 29, 2014, 05:13:13 PM
Why are you so into trashing Predators all the time, at least it was decent enough to warrant some fans here and there.

Because I didn't like the movie. And there are a few others on this forum who didn't like the movie either. Sure, we're a small minority but it's not just me who didn't like the movie. I just happen to be the most vocal about it.

How bout you demolish that Prometheus movie which many many don't like.

I actually liked Prometheus! Why would I trash a movie that I happened to like?

I know it's your opinion but you keep stating it and stating it and stating it and even stating it over and over again. Predators was a great film felt like a true sequel to Predator.

I just don't want this sequel really having anything to do with PREDATORS. I would have to disagree that it was a great film because I just felt that the direction it went in sort of devalued the original creatures, not to mention the ideas it presented like the preserve planet idea sort of renders the idea of traveling to other worlds to hunt almost moot. Why go to another planet to isolate yourself where your prey has most of the advantage to make it more sporting, when you have a planet where it's a controlled environment suited to help the hunter win thus make it less sporting? As for the Super Predators, well that's just a case of someone fixing something that just wasn't broken in the first place. Or to be more precise, something which didn't need upgrading.

Spoonman101

This guest is right... We get you don't like the film but you're not contributing anything to the topic by criticizing Predators  in all your posts...

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 29, 2014, 06:12:16 PM
This guest is right... We get you don't like the film but you're not contributing anything to the topic by criticizing Predators  in all your posts...

I haven't even so much as criticized the movie in that one post. All I did was simply express interest that the interviewer brought up the fact that some people didn't like the Super Predators to Rodriguez is all.

Mike

"Super Predator" is just a name the crew gave to the 3 new Preds. There called "Super" because 1st it sounds alright, 2nd reasoning to the name is because the crew also said in the behind the scenes featurettes of Predators on Blu-ray and interviews online with websites that this new clan think they are "Superior" to the traditional clans hence were the name comes from. Superior Preds name sounds stupid which is why there called Super Preds or the more common name is Berserker Preds for not battling with honor like the classics. But by no means does Super mean anything "Super" like Superman. The new preds were "stronger" and built huge because for this main reason they think they are better and stronger than the classics. "Trying to make themselves into better killers" Thats all the term means. They look different to distinguish them from the normals. Berserker Preds is the main allias of the new clan. Super is just a name that its not how it sounds. 

Spoonman101

Yet you've been criticizing it in most of your other posts... I didn't like Prometheus but it's not as if I downsize it in my threads or posts regarding Alien. It's okay if you don't like Predators but you're going to have to come to terms that it is a part of the mythos behind Predator now and I wouldn't even be surprised if Shane Black would be bringing back elements from the film. The film got an average rating, it's not like Predator is going to win an Oscar for crying out loud!

SiL

Quote from: Russ on Jun 29, 2014, 12:45:02 PM
I'm not. You said everyone complained because of the lack of gore. I'm saying they didn't.
You've never heard of hyperbole ... ?

hfeldhaus

Berzerker, super, bad bloods, Mr black. There were alot of names that were floated around for them but none of them were used in the film so really it doesn't matter what fans call them. They were just a bad idea

Magegg

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 29, 2014, 11:25:25 PM
Berzerker, super, bad bloods, Mr black. There were alot of names that were floated around for them but none of them were used in the film so really it doesn't matter what fans call them. They were just a bad idea
I don't think they were a bad idea."Savager" Predators that prey on the more civilized ones. I basically see it like this:

They sort of make the 'regular' Predators like pussies, I agree, but it's just the same. They're simply a different tribe, one even more menacing, but they are still predators.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed