Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 92,299 times)

Spoonman101

Terminator 2 !?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH, This isn't Terminator 2!

Xan21

I don't mind a reboot, but I really don't have any desire to see Arnold Schwarzenegger in it

Lemonade

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 24, 2014, 10:26:02 PM
Bigger is rarely better when it comes to films. Some films nail it but alot don't. The predator franchise doesn't need money thrown at it. It needs real talent, like Shane Black, to take it on a inject life back into it. If they pump a shed load of money into the scale will become too big. Predator films should work in settings that are pretty self contained. They don't warrant a huge budget

Tell that to Prometheus. Once upon a time, people only thought that Alien films could be small films about blue collar people. Prometheus proved them wrong so much that it doesn't even have Alien in the title.

TJ Doc

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 24, 2014, 10:00:14 PM
Will it take place on Christmas for no reason whatsoever that is the ultimate question.

Fingers crossed!

I also hope we'll see the Mr. Joshua fire test of loyalty incorporated somehow.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 24, 2014, 10:30:04 PM
Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 24, 2014, 10:26:02 PM
Bigger is rarely better when it comes to films. Some films nail it but alot don't. The predator franchise doesn't need money thrown at it. It needs real talent, like Shane Black, to take it on a inject life back into it. If they pump a shed load of money into the scale will become too big. Predator films should work in settings that are pretty self contained. They don't warrant a huge budget

Tell that to Prometheus. Once upon a time, people only thought that Alien films could be small films about blue collar people. Prometheus proved them wrong so much that it doesn't even have Alien in the title.

Once again, completely irrelevant. Just because it works for one franchise doesn't mean it will work for another. Plead bear in mind on not saying it wouldn't work for predator but it's not necessary.

Also, please stop personifying films.

Lemonade

Well, that's why Shane Black is making the movie. He's a bold risk-taker. While everybody on here is chirping that it'll never work, he's the one who steps up to the plate and says "Yes, it will, actually".

Go get 'em Shane, make me proud.

Master

Remember Predators was also called reboot at first. Fox won't damage a continuity I'm sure of that.

hfeldhaus

Just wait to see the budget. If it gets 80million or more to work with I will be very surprised. Take into account marketing and advertising, Fox are going to be very careful.

SiL

Um, the fact it doesn't even have Alien in the title kind'a illustrates that the studio still doesn't think an actual Alien film could be anything else. They had to call it a prequel spinoff to make it work.

DaddyYautja

I didnt like Predators but i like a reboot even less.
Why dont people just continue on with the story? Why do they have to tell the same story over and over again?
Add something new, add something fresh, come on!

OpenMaw

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jun 24, 2014, 10:40:28 PM
Just wait to see the budget. If it gets 80million or more to work with I will be very surprised. Take into account marketing and advertising, Fox are going to be very careful.

I'll be very surprised if it gets any more than Predators.

Lemonade

Quote from: SiL on Jun 24, 2014, 10:41:27 PM
Um, the fact it doesn't even have Alien in the title kind'a illustrates that the studio still doesn't think an actual Alien film could be anything else. They had to call it a prequel spinoff to make it work.

No no, the title was the idea from Lindelof and Scott, not the studio. They realized they crafted a story so far removed from a traditional Alien film, that they didn't have it in the title. It's still set in the ALIEN universe.

Quote from: SiL on Jun 24, 2014, 10:41:27 PM

And why aren't you combating my "small films" comment? You're not gonna mention the Alien Resurrection budget?

Master

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Jun 24, 2014, 10:43:57 PM
I didnt like Predators but i like a reboot even less.
Why dont people just continue on with the story? Why do they have to tell the same story over and over again?
Add something new, add something fresh, come on!
It will be more of stand alone film the total remake. Trust me ;)

Crazy Rich

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 24, 2014, 10:22:22 PM
Terminator 2 box office would like a word.

Implying a past success means future success is always set in stone.

SiL

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 24, 2014, 10:46:01 PM
No no, the title was the idea from Lindelof and Scott, not the studio. They realized they crafted a story so far removed from a traditional Alien film, that they didn't have it in the title. It's still set in the ALIEN universe.
Set in the universe, but not intended as an Alien movie. For the analogy to work, this movie would have to be called something else, and be about one of the skulls we see in the P2 trophy room.

QuoteAnd why aren't you combating my "small films" comment? You're not gonna mention the Alien Resurrection budget?
Budget isn't related to scope.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed