Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 851,577 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 29, 2017, 12:32:22 PMLethal Weapon 3
You can never be too old for this shit :)

You stick around for the post-credits scene?

Quote from: Russ on Dec 29, 2017, 01:31:28 PMIt's also my favourite Stand Alone Dolph movie. Catherine Bell was awesome as "token tough chick" --- before it was really a trope (I mean, OK, she was sporting a Vasquez headband) but she was really good as well. In fact the whole idea was great with the jade and all that, and Dolph actually had an arc (as indeed did most of the team).

Yeah, it's just a thoroughly well-put together film all round. And it helps the huge battle at the end is genuinely great. "Don't sneak up on people" cracks me up every time :laugh:

Wweyland

Wweyland

Just watched The Big Sick, it was really great.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Pusher

Well I've now seen Mads punt a stuffed gorilla up a stairwell...

D88M

D88M

A Ghost Story: Excellent.

Watching Get Out tonight

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 29, 2017, 01:57:32 PM

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 29, 2017, 12:32:22 PM
Horns
A great adapt of Joe Hills Book. Daniel Radcliffe really moves away from Harry Potter here

Needful Things
another great adapt of Stephen King's book. Max Von Sydow was born for the role

I loved those two ! Horns is very entertaining and daring, and Radcliffe is great ! And Needful Things, classic !

The Changes to the book worked well too

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 29, 2017, 02:04:26 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Dec 29, 2017, 12:32:22 PMLethal Weapon 3
You can never be too old for this shit :)

You stick around for the post-credits scene?

I always do lol. Its a great bit and a nice bookend

John Wick Chapter 2
Very much like the first but bigger lol

Brzrkr

Brzrkr

GONE GIRL

I've seen this only twice, but I still find it thrilling. Rosamund Pike's performance is great.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Blade Runner 2049

Well, some beautiful images (thanks Roger Deakins) but too long for me...

Brzrkr

Brzrkr

THE MARTIAN

Took me a while, but I finally watched it. Opted for the Extended Edition. Fantastic film and a really good cast.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Gone Girl
Man what a film. Rosamund Pike is spot on and what a tale to weave

Cooties
An okay Horror Comedy, although the comedy was more miss than hit. Oh Elijah Wood. What happened to you ;p;

Avengers: Age of Ultron
A great Marvel film as always. but you can see where some of the studio interference came in which cause Whedon to stop doing Marvel films (for the time being)

The Rock
Always an enjoyable film to watch and you forget how well the pairing of Cage and Connery works

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2
A great end to the main Potter franchise here, but the screen version does prove how many of the deaths were just for shock value

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 02, 2018, 12:35:01 PMThe Rock
Always an enjoyable film to watch and you forget how well the pairing of Cage and Connery works

Definitely one of the best Die Hard rip-offs!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bright

Well, I liked it. Not really sure where the critical venom is coming from. And at least Noomi Rapace wasn't wasted as an eviscerated corpse.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Is that as much of a rip-off of Alien Nation as it seems from the trailers?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Phantom of the Opera (1989)

I watched it with the commentary on this time. Englund is hilarious in it. "The Phantom is hung like a baby's fore arm with an apple in the fist!" :laugh:

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 03, 2018, 09:22:32 AM
Is that as much of a rip-off of Alien Nation as it seems from the trailers?

I'm not familiar enough with Alien Nation to comment on specifics. I've only seen a random smattering of episodes over the years.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 03, 2018, 11:22:35 PMI'm not familiar enough with Alien Nation to comment on specifics. I've only seen a random smattering of episodes over the years.

I was referring to the Alien Nation film, which came first, but fair enough. I'd actually forgotten it spawned a TV series!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 04, 2018, 10:04:29 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 03, 2018, 11:22:35 PMI'm not familiar enough with Alien Nation to comment on specifics. I've only seen a random smattering of episodes over the years.

I was referring to the Alien Nation film, which came first, but fair enough. I'd actually forgotten it spawned a TV series!

and the TV Movies that followed the series lol

Dead Man Down
I'd been looking for this film for ages and it was finally on Spike last night. A great showing from Colin Farrell and Noomi Rapace. I wondered why WWE Studios were involved in this, till I saw a couple of Blink and you miss him appearances from Wade Barrett

Carrie
An enjoyable remake, although the ending was way over the top and the using the hands for the powers was a bit stupid. Although Julianne Moore owns this film

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed