Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 850,240 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 23, 2016, 12:14:23 PM
The Green Berets.
John Wayne and George Takei. Nice
Watched that movie,one of the first vietnam war movies!How did you find it

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

20 Million Miles to Earth
Solid ending to the Harryhausen sci-fi films of the 50s.

The 7th Voyage of Sinbad
Fun adventure film.

The 3 Worlds of Gulliver
Um, okay enough I guess. That ending was pretty wtf, though.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 23, 2016, 08:03:45 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 23, 2016, 12:14:23 PM
The Green Berets.
John Wayne and George Takei. Nice
Watched that movie,one of the first vietnam war movies!How did you find it

It was on TCM on Sky. Also it was okay, very jingoistic, but i did enjoy it for some parts

Scorpio

Scorpio

Manhattan Romance

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Star Trek III - The Search for Spock

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Ticks 1994

A very young Seth Green. Alfonso Robiero trying to be gangster. Mutated Ticks. One of the coolest movie lines of the 90s: "When in doubt, squish!"

8/10 (my nostalgic score)

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

Superman: The Movie (Director's Cut) (1978)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 24, 2016, 04:19:58 PM
Star Trek III - The Search for Spock

Klingon Bastards!/10

Randomizer

Randomizer

The Legend of Tarzan (2016)

Just your average good guy vs. bad guy story. Some moments and part of the scenery made some nice moments, but that's about it. I feel as if today's audience can be so easily satisfied that movie directors don't have to stress 'dem muscles too much. Samuel L. Jackson played nice, but the movie left a lot to be desired.

6/10

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

A friend of mine wanted to marathon the Alien franchise, so we watched Alien, Aliens, & Alien 3 on Saturday evening. He passed out mid-way through Alien 3. I would've kept trekking right on to Alien Resurrection otherwise. It was his own foolish idea to make it a drinking game. We kept it simple however, as I had learned my lesson from a previous experience. I hadn't watched any of them all that recently. I've always proclaimed that Alien is my favorite, though really Alien & Aliens are both neck & neck. Both marvelous. 2 of my favorite movies of all time. I'll always go to bat for Alien 3, as many on these forums would. It's not that far of a drop off in my opinion. I'm trying to talk him into another triple feature of A:R & both AVP films. Sadly, he's not as eager to oblige.

Mr. Forest

Mr. Forest

Batman: The Killing Joke (2016)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Randomizer on Jul 25, 2016, 08:18:52 AM

Just your average good guy vs. bad guy story. Some moments and part of the scenery made some nice moments, but that's about it. I feel as if today's audience can be so easily satisfied that movie directors don't have to stress 'dem muscles too much. Samuel L. Jackson played nice, but the movie left a lot to be desired.

6/10

I saw it last night and for me it was the Best Movie of the Year. The performances were perfectly restrained when they needed to be, which worked for me in regards to when the savagery kicked in. Alexander Skarsgard was the perfect Tarzan, although i do wish Djimon Hounsou, had had more to do. The music was perfect and the song over the end credits fit the mood rather than feeling tacked on. I'd love to see a second one of this and they could easily do slightly more fantastical elements and it wouldnt feel out of place for me.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 26, 2016, 12:09:40 PM

6/10

I saw it last night and for me it was the Best Movie of the Year. The performances were perfectly restrained when they needed to be, which worked for me in regards to when the savagery kicked in. Alexander Skarsgard was the perfect Tarzan, although i do wish Djimon Hounsou, had had more to do. The music was perfect and the song over the end credits fit the mood rather than feeling tacked on. I'd love to see a second one of this and they could easily do slightly more fantastical elements and it wouldnt feel out of place for me.

Going to see it at the weekend.  Am I the only person who thinks Djimon Hounsou is criminally underused in the majority of movies he's in?  Blood Diamond, he gets a leading role, and he is incredible

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Jul 26, 2016, 11:55:32 PM

6/10

Going to see it at the weekend.  Am I the only person who thinks Djimon Hounsou is criminally underused in the majority of movies he's in?  Blood Diamond, he gets a leading role, and he is incredible

No you are right, he is so underused in about 90% of the films he's in. Gladiator and Blood Diamond are ones that really utilise him perfectly.

Now You See Me 2 (2016)
Saw this last night. was an okay film. Isla Fisher's absence is handled with a couple of throwaway lines and Lizzy Caplan brings some well needed energy into a slightly draggy first half. The second half improved much, with a great final showdown, although the very last scenes, were spoilt by some stupid writing and a pointless redemptive arc for one character

Randomizer

Randomizer

6/10

I agree, pretty satisfied by the way he played Tarzan. Just wished the movie would've been a bit more special.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Zathura: A Space Adventure (2005)

Great family movie, but don't expect deep utilization of terms. Mild sci-fi.

9/10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed