Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 850,812 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Novak 1334 on Apr 18, 2016, 04:47:21 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 18, 2016, 12:24:24 PM
Ender's Game.
I did enjoy this, but it did feel like it could have worked better as a mini series, especially as it came across very episodic. Shame it didnt do that well, to warrant an adapt of the second book

Get Him to the Greek.
I always enjoy this. P. Diddy sends himself up perfectly and the songs are actually good.

The Spectacular Now.
I'd never actually heard of this, but i came across it last night and really enjoyed it. These are the types of films and roles that actors can really grab hold off

I was flicking through channels last night, and I came across The Spectacular Now.  I didn't watch it though.  Worth checking out?

Definitely yeah. Its got quite a diverse cast and if you're in to your Drama and such, its worth it

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Audition

Well...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Visitor (1979)

Well that was weird. It was cool seeing young Lance Henriksen playing a secondary bad guy.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

Quite simply, beautiful.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Mrs. Doubtfire

Been years since I seen this classic (childhood) film. I finally got everything that I didn't get when I was a kid. So many hilarious and awkward moments! The DVD also had deleted and extended scenes (as bonus), I can't believe some scenes that were cut. The scenes were clean and had perfectly clear dialogue and musical audio.
Spoiler
The spelling bee was a touching and revealing scene, the extended scene from the beginning when Robin and Sally were fighting was another good one. The best of all tho was when Mrs. Doubtfire talked to the neighbor about how to care for her flowers (three scattered scenes overall). The last one was the best when all the flowers were dry and brown she discovers Daniel (Robin) was actually Mrs. Doubtfire. HILARIOUS!!! The final cut scene was the overall most touching for me, as Daniel tries to speak with Miranda (Sally) after the incident at the restaurant. They start yelling yet again and the kids say they hate them both. Very sad. Have absolutely NO idea why that scene was cut, as it set up the court scene near the film's conclusion.
[close]
Still a great movie and will gladly watch it again.

8/10

Would be 10/10 if the deleted/extended scenes were added into the film ;)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Eye in the Sky.
Damn this film is intense and keeps cranking as the film goes. Some fantastic performances from the Likes of Helen Mirren, Alan Rickman, Aaron Paul and Iain Glen. I truly recommend going to the cinema to see this. It really does make you think.

Paranoia.
I had never heard of this film which only came out a few years ago. Seems I've had a Thriller weekend. Least Gary Oldman got to keep his British accent for this one lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Serpent and the Rainbow

A pretty cool voodoo/zombie movie, with some damn creepy moments. And the torture scene... yeesh.  :-X

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Planet of the Apes

Beneath the Planet of the Apes

Escape from the Planet of the Apes

Conquest of the Planet of the Apes - Unrated Cut

Oh yeah, I've been having a lot of fun with these, even if Beneath is a heavily flawed film. I'll get to Battle soon... not that I'm looking forward to it.  :P

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 30, 2016, 12:10:42 AM

What does the unrated Cut entail? I actually didnt know there was an unrated cut to be honest lol

The Way, Way Back.
I really enjoyed this, Carrel is such a dick in this. Rockwell is just brilliant as always and nice to see Anna Sophia-Robb in something. She seems to vanish alot lol

Lovelace.
A great film, that tells a difficult story. Also Amanda Seyfried mmmmmm

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Battle for the Planet of the Apes - Extended Cut

Sigh... they just couldn't leave it alone, could they? All this really is is a cheapo, lame, pointless cash in that adds little to the series and pisses away the its dark, pessimistic nature just to appeal to a wider audience. Also, it's boring. Really, really boring. It's less like an actual Battle for the Planet of the Apes, and more like a minor border skirmish that just happens to take place on the Planet of the Apes. There's a couple of decent scenes and a fairly strong cast, but those things can't save it. And the extended cut doesn't add much, just a couple of scenes establishing the alpha omega bomb, making the time loop more concrete. That's nice and all, but the movie is still mediocre.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Apr 30, 2016, 01:03:21 PM

What does the unrated Cut entail? I actually didnt know there was an unrated cut to be honest lol

It adds in some violent scenes that were cut, and restores the original, darker ending.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 30, 2016, 07:45:07 PM

It adds in some violent scenes that were cut, and restores the original, darker ending.

Ah cool. I've always wanted to watch the original ending, so i'll have to watch this then lol.

Bio Hunter (1995).
An interesting Anime, that leaves it open for more stories, which i dont think they ever released

Body Bags (1993).
A great Horror Anthology with such a diverse cast, hell even directors are getting in on the acting malarky

Krull (1983).
A definite Cult Classic. I always enjoy this when its on and the Glave is an awesome weapon

Dr Terror's House of Horror's (1965).
Another classic Amicus anthology. What other film could you get the likes of Christopher Lee, Donald Sutherland and Roy Castle alongside each other

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 03, 2016, 11:56:29 AM

Ah cool. I've always wanted to watch the original ending, so i'll have to watch this then lol.

It mainly just deletes the second, cheerier half of Caesar's speech...

Spoiler
Then the apes beat Governor Breck to death.
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 03, 2016, 07:54:43 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 03, 2016, 11:56:29 AM

It mainly just deletes the second, cheerier half of Caesar's speech...

Spoiler
Then the apes beat Governor Breck to death.
[close]

I'll still watch it as it was what was originally planned

Speed.
The Keanu Reeves one. Great fun to watch every time, Dennis Hopper giving a mad performance as always, although i do remember reading at one point that originally

Spoiler
Jeff Daniaels Character Harry was gonna be the villain after the opening scene, but they felt it was too complicated
[close]

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Keanu

So this is basically a Key and Peele episode stretched out into a full 2 hour long movie. And that is in no way, shape, or form a bad thing. The chemistry these two have together on screen is perfect, and I'm pretty sure I did not stop laughing the entire time. The cat is also one of the most adorable things you'll ever see. Definitely go see it.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on May 04, 2016, 04:19:24 PM
Keanu

So this is basically a Key and Peele episode stretched out into a full 2 hour long movie. And that is in no way, shape, or form a bad thing. The chemistry these two have together on screen is perfect, and I'm pretty sure I did not stop laughing the entire time. The cat is also one of the most adorable things you'll ever see. Definitely go see it.
I like their show, so I am glad to hear it was good! I am glad that they love George Michael's "Freedom 90" too!
Spoiler
Did they do any sound off names in it? Aka the football players' names? :D
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed