Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 93,071 times)

Samhain13

Samhain13

Hmm... now that you mention it. Both can give for some time the impression of gains, but its an ilusion.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 02, 2019, 11:29:16 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 02, 2019, 11:20:57 PM
You seem to know a lot about Dead Space lore.

U mirin these lore gains?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/7d656a5cf3c59ca20e5e41fef6e02231/tenor.gif?itemid=3983737

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 02, 2019, 11:23:27 PM
I just play the games. I don't think I can go any deeper than that with the series.

Its just 2 books. The first one is very interesting. It covers the discovery of the original black marker on Earth 300 years before Dead Space and how the Church of Unitology was born.
There's also the comic series (there were three), and the (now defunct) viral marketing website for the first game.

The Old One

The Old One

I'm all for a Dead Space Reboot,
2 and 3 aren't bad, but the original is by far the most interesting.

Huggs

Huggs

New protagonist.

Set on earth during and after the events of DS3.

Fighting through a blade-runner style city.

Necro's in the sewers, in the hospitals, in the police stations, the shopping centers, the military barracks.

Darkness, insanity, lawlessness, death.

Get off-world or die trying.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't enjoy the zombie apocalypse scenario,
my preference is a minimized atmospheric location return.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 25, 2019, 04:55:52 PM
I don't enjoy the zombie apocalypse scenario,
my preference is a minimized atmospheric location return.

I do too, but if the narrative is to continue, the world has to be in bad shape.

Keep in mind the player would be going solo through a lot of that stuff. It wouldn't be tons of characters and giant set pieces. There would be plenty of bloody hallways and dark corridors.

Either way it's just one idea.

Samhain13

Samhain13

I would prefer to still play as Isaac on a possible sequel. His story isn't over.

WY-0311

WY-0311

I got Dead Space the other day on Origin, first time playing it and for an old game it's really good.

Straight off the bat I like the simplicity of the navigation system, not because i'm an idiot that can't use a map but what's good is that I feel comfortable exploring or going off track knowing I can quickly ascertain where I need to go to get back on mission... ok so I'm lazy to read my map lol.

It's more a thriller than a horror to me, the scare of getting overwhelmed and taken down by those 'things' and they really utilise the map which is cool, heck one of the jerks was actually walking up slowly behind me!. I saw one laying on the floor and while I was deciding to shoot it or not, the bloody thing jumped up at me hahaha that was great.

I got up to the part where I'm about to install some kind of computer part into a terminal that controls the train system. Fun times!

The Old One

The Old One

Glad you're enjoying it. :)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Isn't it about time for another playthrough?

The Old One

The Old One

Nah, last played them all September of 2018.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Am I alone in hating the part of DS1 where you have to use the ship's guns to blow up asteroids?

The Old One

The Old One

No, it's awful- especially on PC.

SiL

SiL

It's the part that makes me not replay the game much.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Me too.  That's why I mentioned it.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed