Author
Dead Space (Read 92,051 times)

Huggs

Huggs

My opinion, is just like, canon man.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 02, 2019, 10:05:46 PM
Are you prepared for Dead Space canon debates?

The novels are canon. Come at me brah.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Even if the creator retcons them out?

Huggs

Huggs

It's all dead space.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 02, 2019, 10:32:49 PM
Even if the creator retcons them out?

Who would that be? Visceral Games? Is it one creator or a whole team came out with the concept? Its different when the original entry is made by a group with different ideas like Alien, Ridley isn't the creator of the story and creature. While George Lucas is for Star Wars.

The main plot of Altman backstory's was probably given to the guy that wrote Martyr by the game developers, so it was their original intention in regards to the character. I don't see the point in rewriting that. I doubt the events on that book would be mentioned on any sequels, they already covered enough info about the original black marker and Altman. If there was a game file about Altman contradicting the novel, it would probably be the same kind of Unitologist propaganda aka lie we saw on Dead Space 2.

Catalyst was more of a stand alone novel, and I think it would be hard to directly contradict it. Besides there were already a few contraditctions among the games and they just rolled with it. Its just 3 games, 2 novels and a few comics, keeping track of the continuity should be a easy job.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You seem to know a lot about Dead Space lore.

Huggs

Huggs

I just play the games. I don't think I can go any deeper than that with the series.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 02, 2019, 11:20:57 PM

U mirin these lore gains?

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 02, 2019, 11:23:27 PM
I just play the games. I don't think I can go any deeper than that with the series.

Its just 2 books. The first one is very interesting. It covers the discovery of the original black marker on Earth 300 years before Dead Space and how the Church of Unitology was born.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 02, 2019, 11:29:16 PM

You're definitely the Dr. Swole of Dead Space lore.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 03, 2019, 02:11:22 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Apr 02, 2019, 11:29:16 PM

You're definitely the Dr. Swole of Dead Space lore.

Compared to the casuals here its not much of a competition. Do you even... :P

Spoiler
Brah that's nothing compared to the old /fit/ humor threads. Bodybuilding.com is no longer what it used to be.
[close]

Huggs

Huggs

I tried to check that out back in the day. All is could see was whey protein adds and dudes in spandex with blenders and spoons all over the place.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Huggs on Apr 03, 2019, 05:15:51 PM
I tried to check that out back in the day. All is could see was whey protein adds and dudes in spandex with blenders and spoons all over the place.

Did you fell for the supplement scam? Careful, its just like Unitologist propaganda. Born from lies. Built on lies.

Huggs

Huggs

You mean it wasn't built on soon-to-be fda approved shark scrotum shavings, self help guru knowledge and Tony Little sweat extract?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Its about the gains brah. Both the Supplement industry and the Church of Unitology promise a form of gains but they will deliver none.

That's why you should have read Dead Space: Martyr, you would see the analogy right away.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The Marker = Creatine?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed