AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 361,416 times)

Puks

Puks

Not directly based on AvP2 - but a similar setting with a different story.
That could work and I'm sure this is the opinion of a large majority of fans.
Although I may be wrong and most A/P/AvP fans don't want a third AvP at all.

A higher budget reboot in space, I say. Should have been done right from the start in 2004, but what can we do..

And SiL,why not consider A/P/AvP as different franchises with their own continuities?

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Puks on Jan 14, 2010, 11:03:21 AM
Not directly based on AvP2 - but a similar setting with a different story.
That could work and I'm sure this is the opinion of a large majority of fans.
Although I may be wrong and most A/P/AvP fans don't want a third AvP at all.

A higher budget reboot in space, I say. Should have been done right from the start in 2004, but what can we do..

Yes.  ;D But i think most AVP fans just want it to be done right.  8)

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

I thought AVP, A , and P were all different francises that have nothing to due with eachother what so ever.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Puks on Jan 14, 2010, 11:03:21 AM
And SiL,why not consider A/P/AvP as different franchises with their own continuities?
Because they've tried their damnedest to do the opposite so far.

Why not consider them one, see the enormous room for movement, and exploit it?

You can literally do anything you want if you set it after AR. You can have space jockeys and derelicts and space marines all you please. It's that simple. Want Aliens-era tech? Use it! No-one will mind.

Puks

Puks

I don't like the post-resurrection setting for AvP (too advanced technology + no WY company) nor the idea of predators f**king with space jockeys in something that is considered part of Alien canon.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

I heard the aliens and space jockeys have a viloent history together but i think that's non-canon or somthing.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Puks on Jan 14, 2010, 11:15:26 AM
I don't like the post-resurrection setting for AvP (too advanced technology
Then set it in a place with older tech.

Quote+ no WY company)
Bam, Alien continuity.

Quotenor the idea of predators f**king with space jockeys in something that is considered part of Alien canon.
Whatever happened to them being separate continuities? Surely it wouldn't matter, then.

Puks

Puks

I just want a movie that is actually based on the games. Am I asking for that much?  :D

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: Puks on Jan 14, 2010, 11:29:50 AM
I just want a movie that is actually based on the games. Am I asking for that much?  :D
not in my book  :D

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Puks on Jan 14, 2010, 11:29:50 AM
Pretty much.

Too big, too expensive, doesn't fit at all.

You could have pretty much the same thing with a few modifications.

Well, one. Change the date, get rid of WY. Problems solved.

Puks

Puks

There still may be hope FOX heads will get their heads straight and make an AvP reboot directly based on the games with its own continuity - sending AvP and AvPR(ectum) into oblivion.

Why not? After all, we get an alien prequel with no preds around and a predator sequel with no aliens ever mentioned. And both are set after the species encountered each other in the AvP movies.

They can be treated like separate franchises - I just wish FOX would see this.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Heres my Own version of How the Movie Timeline works with the AVP Movie And game franchise(Only the three major AVP Games Along with the Predator and Alien movies. And for most part it works without screwing any of the existing story lines.

Spoiler
[close]
The above timeline includes all movies and all three major avp games

Predator and Predator 2 are set in the late 80s to early 90s. So this marks it first in the Conntected timeline, Then Comes AVP Movie 1 and AVP Movie 2 which are set later in the timeline around the  year 2000(Forgot the exact date) Because of the Plasma caster found in AVP2 the Wayland company pushes forward space travel. So now Alien begins where Ash having his orders by the company to protect the alien and to get it back(we all know that the company already knew about the aliens existance by now.

The next event happens  57 years later and the Aliens movie storyline begins. However at this point the theres two known timelines. The AVP comic and video game timeline where Aliens are still at large and the explosion didnt take out the crashsite(But it still took out the Hadley's hope). In the Official Movie cannon where it did and the events with alien 3 proceed like normal we move onward 200 years to the end of the Known Alien story.

Meanwhile in the Game universe. The wayland company is still at large studying the aliens(Seen in Game1) After that happens AVP2 Game happens and then AVP3 Happens(Bishop is in AVP3 so the game happens slightly before or after the third alien movie.

Ok so my Second timeline is AVP only and works better if the Alien Movies and Predator movies never happened. So it starts in this order. AVP Movie 1 then AVP Movie 2 you Jump forward into the future and Game one starts and then after that game two followed by game three.

Then The Third movie begins around the time of Marines and Aliens and Predators. The third movie is a fresh reboot set in space. After that the New movie is followed by a sequel and then one more sequel to end it off. The Comics are happening around about after game 1 and continueing still after game 3

Mystic Ninja

Mystic Ninja

Can we not have a alien time line that has no predators and does not reference the games or comics? The same goes for Predators time line, one without Aliens ect

Quote from: Puks on Jan 14, 2010, 11:39:59 AM
There still may be hope FOX heads will get their heads straight and make an AvP reboot directly based on the games with its own continuity - sending AvP and AvPR(ectum) into oblivion.

Why not? After all, we get an alien prequel with no preds around and a predator sequel with no aliens ever mentioned. And both are set after the species encountered each other in the AvP movies.

I would like to believe that by backing the Alien Prequel and Predators Fox are starting with a clean slate and pretending that the AvP movies never happened. Therefore, the species have never met and AvP movies will be considered as non canon.

This is my dream. 

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Mystic Ninja on Jan 14, 2010, 01:54:37 PM
Can we not have a alien time line that has no predators and does not reference the games or comics? The same goes for Predators time line, one without Aliens ect

Quote from: Puks on Jan 14, 2010, 11:39:59 AM

I would like to believe that by backing the Alien Prequel and Predators Fox are starting with a clean slate and pretending that the AvP movies never happened. Therefore, the species have never met and AvP movies will be considered as non canon.

This is my dream.

Yeah allowing them to be non-cannon allows them to do what they want :)

SiL

SiL

But if you want things like Weyland-Yutani and Aliens-style tech, not to mention Space Jockeys, you're taking from the Alien continuity, and people are going to see it as such.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed