AVP3 Ideas

Started by Originalsin, Jun 06, 2007, 08:25:09 PM

Author
AVP3 Ideas (Read 361,401 times)

Sgt. Apone

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: Liberator on Dec 15, 2013, 06:57:03 AM
What am I making up?  Prometheus is in the Alien universe, or more accurately, Alien is in the Prometheus universe.  Michael Fassbender, who plays the android, David, in the movie, says that the events of Alien are like happening in one tiny corner of the story's universe, during the same time table as the events of Prometheus which are much bigger and far reaching.  Prometheus is the new main story for Ridley Scott's part.

The comic books are already going to incorporate Prometheus into the stories for AVP.  I read this on these forums from an independent poster.

I never said you made it up. It's your personal canon. It's what you choose to believe and follow.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Liberator on Dec 15, 2013, 05:00:57 AM
I am trying to make it a good one, at any rate.  I get bombarded by these rude, sarcastic people all the time, but if everyone just ignores all the trolling the thread is just for ideas about a possible connection to AVP with Prometheus.  It's a wide open field for speculation, because we know all three movies are in the same universe, so the studio really is bound to make stuff connecting it all.  Dark Horse comics, I understand, is already in the works of a few stories.  I hope to bring some positive comments to the thread, to force out the nay-sayers, but if you just don't like the concept I can understand that.  I think for crossover movies, they can fill niches like to explain what happened to the engineers on LV 223 2,000 years ago, but the official series movies can focus on their own stories without doing any crossovers.  The predator makes an appearance, very secretly, like an "Easter egg" hidden in Prometheus, which the nay-sayers are saying is actually just an accidental camera problem called lens flare that no one thought to edit out in the final cut.  I say, at least, when they saw it they said "Why don't we leave that in, because it looks pretty cool".

I haven't seen your thread but I'm against the idea of tying AvP into the Prometheus 'verse for the same reason I'm against tying AvP into the Alien and Predator films. It creates too much confusion with regard to canon. Prometheus is still a confusing film and tying it with AvP isn't going to help.

Dark,The Legendary Yautja

Dark,The Legendary Yautja

I want a film with no freaking humans. It should be in another planet with no humans still. I want the homeworlds of the alien and predator collide or something and maybe even combine, idk. I want the Predator population to be almost wiped out and stuff but they found a way to defeat the alien horde of millions without risking another predator death. Personally, I want Dark[In Aliens vs Predator video game 2010] and along with Spartan. I don't know but maybe add the bad bloods. I know that they are never to accepted in  Predator society but would you even do this when your species is at the brink of extinction? [Predator in their homeworld actually]

Anyways I just hope to see the next movie on another planet with better concepts and effects and lightning and stuff and I more tech for the Predator would satisfy as they would invent new weapons on the way. And I really hope to see a Predator live for a change, it is not very cool to see the big-badass alien hunter that everyone favors[not everyone, mostly]. I still wanna see the Predators use their senses, like celtic. (And I wanna see the Predator king and Alien King fight.)=[Maybe not in AvP 3]

In short, I just wanna see the Predator being the hero or alive. Somebody may say, "hey their were living predators in AvP -_-, watch the movie again". And definitely did get the point, we want to see the ones who participated in the hunt being alive not their leaders and stuff.[From the hunt predators not promoters of the hunt and stuff like that.]

SiL

SiL

I don't want to watch 2 hours of people in rubber suits miming at each other. I also don't want subtitled Predator dialogue.

cloverfan98

cloverfan98

I think I'd rather see the Predator be another menace that the protagonist(s) would have to deal with but one that would hide in the shadows. I'd rather the Predator be a silent killer like he was in the videos games rather than a hero or antihero. In general I would rather see a horror film approach to another AVP film as opposed to the action film vibe of the first two.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Dark,The Legendary Yautja on Dec 27, 2013, 12:35:31 AM
I want a film with no freaking humans. It should be in another planet with no humans still.

In short, I just wanna see the Predator being the hero or alive.

I think the issue with anything Predator-centric is that it wouldn't fly with anyone other than a hardcore fan audience - it would essentially be a foreign-language sci-fi movie with (to the casual viewer) unrelatable characters.

This is not to say that the public at large dont know jack about the Preds and don't think they're cool/ bad-ass, but I don't think that many could buy into a Predator "lead." I think as well that Fox knows fanboys and girls all too well... No matter what movie comes out, fans hate it (by and large, he says with a sweeping generalisation). So... If you had twenty million dollars to invest in a project, would you put that into a story for a base that was going to assassinate it as soon as the first leaked image came out, or would you make something more likely to please a wider audience and provide a lucrative roi?

AVP and /R were made by (like it or not) fanboys. Anderson was at pains to include stuff that he KNEW fans would love (nodding duck, the thing with the knife (ok, pen)), Henrickson himself... The whole thing was designed to please not only JoeP, but also ... Us. Yet most hated it. I'm in the minority, I really liked avp, and.. to a lesser extent, /r.

I'd love to see more of these movies, but I don't think we will for some time to come.

Unless animated was an option? Cheaper to make, cheaper to distribute... Adapting the comics would be far easier this way too and I think most of those were pretty well received?

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Just take the original AVP Perry comic, change it around a little, add colonial marines and some popular elements from the games (such as the exosuit and the praetorian), don't pay too much (...or any...) attention to "teh cann0n!1!" and just make a moderately scary sci-fi action flick late 80ies style. Voila! Easy as pie!

Henriksen

Henriksen

I had an idea for AVP3 that I mentioned in another thread...it was NOT popular.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Dec 31, 2013, 03:17:02 AM
Just take the original AVP Perry comic, change it around a little, add colonial marines and some popular elements from the games (such as the exosuit and the praetorian), don't pay too much (...or any...) attention to "teh cann0n!1!" and just make a moderately scary sci-fi action flick late 80ies style. Voila! Easy as pie!

The AvP Perry comic.

lol

I see what you did there.

But I actually liked Stradley's AvP better than almost any incarnation hence put forth aside from Rebellion's original AvP.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

An AVP stand-alone, not directly in either universe a sort of Blade-Runner city on a moon of Venus say, Predator is doing his usually business as a militant government take over, people aren't happy. Riots etc

And in all the chaos only a few people realise others are going missing, but the good cop investigating it thinks it's the government kidnapping people as the Predator hunts down this new government force ( They have new tech, prototype military powerloaders etc
The cop also does his investigating and calls in a few favors from friends in the government, but what they don't know is the reason the government quarantined an isolated part of town, they found an Alien and it's getting out of hand, (They were doing construction and broke into a giger-esque cave beneath. This could show some of the more predator aspects of the Xenomorph hunting down marines. (Government marines.

The unique thing about the film would that it would have it's own political commentary, characters with genuine depth (Spend most of your time with one character and four at the most well developed other characters.
Some marines, some government guys and some just people each with their own perspective on the militant take-over. But with their own theory as to why people go missing.

Also their would only be one alien and one Predator. Each taking fodder(but politically important fodder, marines go missing because of the alien no-one knows about and the predator works his way up the political food chain.

(This is also a reboot just titled: Alien Versus Predator)

Egg morphed people are found at the end of the film if you're wondering.
And also the Alien is different, more giger than ever having gestated in an Android.

You could have the mystery essentially be the meat of the film and also, the Predator and Alien fight twice, once in the middle and the Predator is dealt a severe injury and is out of the game temporarily. This is after the reveal that one of our main character's friends has been feeding information to the government about their investigation.

I envision the fights to be slow paced, rather than action-packed.

They nearly gut their lying friend but she just thought she was doing the right thing.

I think the film would end with similtanously with our investigator's being revealed as Weyland spies, the informant to the established government runs in fear. Whilist the person "good cop" we thought we'd be rooting for hunts her and is promptly ambushed by healed Predator (Predators re-entrance) and the predator promptly guts him violent and takes his skull and spine.

Our new female protagionist leaves the planet immediately fearing for her life as the Predator comes close to killing the Alien and he does but the Alien then explodes! (A trait of being android produced) The chap showers the Predator with blood on a rooftop.

I'm not sure if the Predator should activate his bomb or not at the end, if Weyland then comes in and retrieves the eggs held in the abandoned part of town where he alien took it's victims.

Sorry this first draft is very rough but it's what I'd like to see.
Then you can up the stakes in the sequel and call it Aliens Versus Predators. (Not related to the Predators movie, just like the sound of the title.) And even harken back to the original comic books by calling the third Aliens Versus Predator, Font and all.

Russ

Russ

That's got great potential. I don't know if I like the exploding alien, but that's just my view... the different world view from what we are used to is intriguing.

Are you going to Fan-Fiction this as a novella?

JPredator

JPredator

I would like to see an adaptation of Rebellion's AVP 3 aka AVP 2010 game as that story fits in with the first AVP as well as serving as a kinda sequel to Alien 3 (with Bishop's logs heavily referrencing Ripley's sacrifice). Think that would be a fun film.

Also, i would like an adaptation of the original 4 part AVP story by Stradley.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: Russ on Jan 31, 2014, 10:15:56 AM
That's got great potential. I don't know if I like the exploding alien, but that's just my view... the different world view from what we are used to is intriguing.

Are you going to Fan-Fiction this as a novella?

Neither do I honestly, my mind was just sparked early in the morning and I decided to write it.

I just don't like the idea of simpletons coming out and saying, "the alien's the best" or "the predator's the best!"

But I suppose the alien doesn't have to explode, it could just cripple the Predator by the Acid landing on the side without armour as it dies.

Then the Predators in the next film, could be more armoured as a result.

lee.mulford.33

lee.mulford.33

I want something That will stop people moaning and being judge mental yes these two Avp films has not been what you wanted but has any one considered it to be a build up to everything you really want out of the films like being in space colonial marines etc So yes I would like to see more action in the films instead of it being based on humans running away and screaming we need more queens and aliens fighting predators = EPIC but only time shall tell :)

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Quote from: lee.mulford.33 on Feb 02, 2014, 08:05:11 PM
I want something That will stop people moaning and being judge mental yes these two Avp films has not been what you wanted but has any one considered it to be a build up to everything you really want out of the films like being in space colonial marines etc So yes I would like to see more action in the films instead of it being based on humans running away and screaming we need more queens and aliens fighting predators = EPIC but only time shall tell :)

That's not what makes a good movie, if anything they need to reboot AVP with the legitimacy to be it's own universe with great story and characterisation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed