Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 150,664 times)

Master

Master

QuoteCELEBRATING 50 YEARS OF BUILDING BETTER WORLDS.

I don`t really see the problem. It`s 50 th aniversary of Wayland company. Peter Weyland is clearly not in his 50`s, so company must have been started by someone else. This 'someone' might be C. B. Wayland. Problem solved.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

AVP was just wiped clean from canon like the shitstain it is. Riddles says so.

No charles bishop weyland
no pyramid
no predators
no aliens on earth in 2004
and THANK GOD no AVPRectum

Deal with it.

Never say no to Panda!

His last chance is Lindelof...there could be a alternate universe from AvP that melts with this reality  :laugh:

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: nendo on Feb 28, 2012, 08:50:32 PM
My point was that this video just released could be the only footage Peter Weyland is in. The original poster i quoted kinda of implied that peter weyland was going to appear in it more than this one scene. We know he's only in it for a minute or so. So this video could be the only footage of Guy pearce in the film
I doubt this viral clip is part of the film at all. First of all, the effects are not movie standard. Guy Pearce clearly isn't giving it his all, and lastly, the clip isnt even directed by Ridley Scott, it's directed by his son.

irn

irn

Quote from: predxeno
Actually, I was referring to Weyland Industries rather than just the name "Weyland."  I was also referring to the fact that Peter Weyland also has Charles Bishop Weyland's likeness as well which can't be coincidental.

You're clutching at the tiniest of straws dude.  ;D
Was it yourself that said AvP is linked to Alien because it was set in Antarctica and the mention of 'Antarctica Traffic Control' is in Alien?

This video has been a doube whammy positive. First it's a nice new video about Prometheus and secondly it shoots AvP firmly out of canon and into the confines of Razzie hell. There's such an excellent feeling of time and effort going into Prometheus. Hopefully this will be a happy new era in the Alien franchise with more high quality films, even if they're directly related or not.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 28, 2012, 08:48:21 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 08:43:50 PM
It doesn't say specifically that Peter founded Weyland Industries; at best it implies that he founded Weyland MegaCorp.
::) Just accept it. Your brain will hurt less if you forgo all the futile mental gymnastics it'll require to reconcile the two clearly conflicting canons.
Predxeno's brain is extremely flexible and well-adapted to canon inconsistencies.  He's like a canon ninja.

I really like how they take advantage of the Weyland or WY corps involvement with artificial persons.  I mean, Ash was created by Cyberdyne, but Aliens and Alien 3 kind of push Weyland's cybernetics programs as being a centerpiece to their corporate power.  They seem to be a leader, if not the leader, in that field.

Some trivia, but does anyone remember if the Autods from Resurrection originated from WY?  That would be coolness in a bottle.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 08:46:48 PM
I was also referring to the fact that Peter Weyland also has Charles Bishop Weyland's likeness as well which can't be coincidental.
I have never in my life heard someone say Pearce is Henriksen's double. Is this another mad scramble for a strawman argument again?

escroto

escroto

Glad to see avp canon being discarded from the alien universe. I was starting to even believe Fox would make Scott retcon It, but It seems they eventually made him be as the man who started It all in 1979.

Now time to see how he also discards things like the alien queen, and mostly everything "aliens = bugs" introduced by Cameron. I want to see a return to the biomechanical nightmare the alien was once. Enough of Cameron's space ants shit.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

PredXeno is a troll. There. I said it.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: escroto on Feb 28, 2012, 08:59:27 PM
Now time to see how he also discards things like the alien queen, and mostly everything "aliens = bugs" introduced by Cameron. I want to see a return to the biomechanical nightmare the alien was once. Enough of Cameron's space ants shit.
I doubt it, considering Scott researched insects for the original film and usually compares his Alien to them (why don't more people know this?)

AmazSpiderMan1

AmazSpiderMan1

I watch ALOT of horror films, and sometimes they make mistakes in continuity or logic. That's what happens when you have DIFFERENT filmmakers, with DIFFERENT visions. It doesn't have to fit into a perfect package, because they are MOVIES. I don't think Ridley Scott even bothered to watch  AVP, or Alien 3 and Resurrection for that matter, to look at the established continuity. There is going to be continuity issues. As movie-geeks, we have to fill in the gaps ourselves. This is just fodder for the die-hard AVP haters to say, "HA! f**k those movies!" I didn't love them either, but there is no reason it all can't make sense, and in 50 years it's just going to be even more muddled. Oh well. Enjoy them for what they are, be inspired, but don't be so literal about canon.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 28, 2012, 08:57:23 PM
I really like how they take advantage of the Weyland or WY corps involvement with artificial persons.  I mean, Ash was created by Cyberdyne, but Aliens and Alien 3 kind of push Weyland's cybernetics programs as being a centerpiece to their corporate power.  They seem to be a leader, if not the leader, in that field.
What.

irn

irn

Quote from: RagingDragon
I mean, Ash was created by Cyberdyne, but Aliens and Alien 3 kind of push Weyland's cybernetics programs as being a centerpiece to their corporate power.

What would be another nice kick in the teeth of AvP would be if they made Bishop from a rival company (Hyperdyne/Cyberdyne) while Ash (WY) and David (WI) are their own.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 28, 2012, 09:02:26 PM
What.
He means Hyperdyne. Dialogue from Aliens.

Zeta Reticuli

Zeta Reticuli

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 28, 2012, 09:02:26 PM
What.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed