Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 150,866 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Mar 02, 2012, 02:05:24 AM
It doesn't matter if it's the same exact ship...it's the same CLASS of ship...so much so that we think 'ALIEN DERELICT' right off the bat. And in that ship are familiar looking Giger-like tunnels and a replica of the Jockey chair.
Well there ya go.

I just don't think people should get their hopes up that this is the 'Alien' Derelict or that this planet is LV-426 (doesn't look a thing like it).

My theory is just that the type of ship that keeps crashing on these planets/moons? Shitty luck, man.

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Mar 02, 2012, 02:16:14 AM
I don't think comparing the derelicts will determine whether or not this is the same ship.
Whichever ship is in Prometheus, we do know that it's airborne at one point in time (long enough to have some kind of malfunction or get shot down)... man, we really need to get a different name than 'Derelict'.  :laugh:

The from what we see of the planet itself is the biggest part that factors into what we can tell from this point.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 02, 2012, 02:29:53 AM
Whichever ship is in Prometheus, we do know that it's airborne at one point in time (long enough to have some kind of malfunction or get shot down)... man, we really need to get a different name than 'Derelict'.  :laugh:

The from what we see of the planet itself is the biggest part that factors into what we can tell from this point.
If they're separate ships, then it's amazing that the Engineers even build spaceships in the first place, considering they can't fly them worth shit :P Also, the planet not looking the same isn't really a huge factor I'd say, considering the landscape is still heavily volcanic, being Iceland made of clearly volcanic soil and rock. As Prometheus takes place before Alien, the planet could easily have undergone some sort of geologic activity that would have produced the twisted, lava-like rock formations on LV-426. Who knows? Stupid June and it being so far away >:(

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Good point on the topic of a possibly geologic evolution... which I would think it would do more with a failed attempt at terra forming, but I digress.

I don't have my hopes up that either are what we've seen in Alien, and I'll be just as glad (possibly moreso) if it isn't.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Geological activity on that scale, in the timeline we've been given, seems unlikely.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

I agree, really. Could have something to do with what was being held by that crashed ship  but ehhh... nyehhhh... nah. Nope.

30 years aint shit, and that's definitely not a continuity error. My mind is lightyears away from LV-426 at this point.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 02, 2012, 02:50:43 AM
Geological activity on that scale, in the timeline we've been given, seems unlikely.
Maybe in the timeline we've been given, but if the rumored Lindelof time jumping thing of stupidity comes into play... ;) :P

Vulhala

Vulhala

Where has that idea even been suggested other than here?  ;)

SM

SM

The planet is a moon orbiting another larger planet it would seem - like LV-426.  But right now, it doesn't feel at all like LV-426.

Unless the events in the film change the Derelict and planet to what we see in Alien.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 02, 2012, 02:58:49 AM
IMDb :P

chupacabras acheronsis

just how would they reverse the seemingly calm and stable atmosphere of that planet into the primordial state of LV-426 by the time the Nostromo landed?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Mar 02, 2012, 03:07:17 AM
just how would they reverse the seemingly calm and stable atmosphere of that planet into the primordial state of LV-426 by the time the Nostromo landed?
How could the humans get there in the first place? It's sci-fi :P

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 02, 2012, 01:43:54 AM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 01, 2012, 04:41:57 PM
a space jockey ship has been seen,

Oh, come now. :laugh:

as well as dead space jockeys.

Really gettin' me on these technicalities, huh? :laugh:

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 02, 2012, 01:43:54 AMThey're certainly not on LV-426, so it's highly likely that this is a new ship altogether.

Yeah, that they're not on LV is obvious. Although, when I watched the trailer, looked like the same ship to me. Since it's a, y'know, a ship, I thought it might've flown to LV.

Ah, well, won't lose any sleep over this.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Vulhala on Mar 02, 2012, 02:58:49 AM

A lot of crazy ideas do come from here. :-\

SM

SM

That post came across without the slightest hint of irony.

;)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 02, 2012, 03:59:47 AM
a space jockey ship has been seen,

Oh, come now. :laugh:

as well as dead space jockeys.

Really gettin' me on these technicalities, huh? :laugh:
No no! I meant to just change them so they're not labeling them as the same... things shown in Alien.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed