Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 151,076 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Well now, that was a nice change of pace. Actual focus and fixation on the people/a person of a future world instead of the science and 'splosions.

I think that was quite well done, and very enjoyable. Especially considering it is "just" a piece of viral marketing.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: ikarop on Feb 29, 2012, 03:07:51 AM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Feb 29, 2012, 02:31:57 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Feb 29, 2012, 01:57:15 AMAn unnamed 'older businessman along for the ride'.
Yet more evidence of Peter Weyland being the guy in the wheelchair. Pretty much a done deal IMHO.

-Chris
I think Weyland might be the old guy from the screenshot posted below actually. I also just noticed that Shaw is also featured in this scene, behind the old guy. They all seem to be protecting him. It would make sense if it's their founder.

I have always thought of them as the same guy. Just because he is in a wheelchair doesn't mean he can't walk, just that he needs to sit down a lot, heart problems, dialysis etc. Either way, the mercenaries are protecting him as you say, and David and one of the mercs are kneeling at his side like he is some kind of boss figure. Pretty convinced it is him.

-Chris

RICH-ENGLAND

RICH-ENGLAND

well just to bring up another point which i mentioned in another thread a while back....

is charlize therons meredith vickers actually weylands daughter? (different surname due to marriage or something) as in some of her interviews she said she was a rich heiress and company head/rep whos family are paying for the trip......

thanks

rich

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

=/=

There's still scope, at this point, to maintain that the shift from Weyland Industries to Weyland Corporation could be significant enough in terms of scale for a figurehead to maintain that he shaped it into what it was, even if the ground work was laid by a predecessor. Whether or not you're inclined to join those dots is a matter of personal preference, but it certainly isn't objectively impossible with the information we have at the moment.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Will Peter Weyland turn out to be a character taken straight from Orwell's 1984? I'd love this kind of sensibility.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

^wouldnt be too hard to make something up to account for the change...

Weyland industries goes the way of the dodo after it's CEO Charles Bishop Weyland dies in AVP...
Peter Weyland picks up the slack and founds the brand spanking new Weyland Corp.

Jon Spaihts wrote on twitter that they tried to respect "canon" while writing the script.. i.e. they tried to respect AVP :P

You decide if that's a good or a bad thing.

not sure if anyone's noticed, but if you share the website on twitter is says "Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Peter Weyland's historic #2023TED speech. Watch it here:" implying that the movie will take place in 2083, which is only 5 years before Alien, not 30.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: AvatarIII on Feb 29, 2012, 09:38:31 AM
not sure if anyone's noticed, but if you share the website on twitter is says "Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Peter Weyland's historic #2023TED speech. Watch it here:" implying that the movie will take place in 2083, which is only 5 years before Alien, not 30.

Alien takes place 2122.

Also, 2023 + 50 = 2073.

SiL

SiL

Making it 49 years pre-Alien.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: RICH-ENGLAND on Feb 29, 2012, 08:23:47 AMis charlize therons meredith vickers actually weylands daughter? (different surname due to marriage or something) as in some of her interviews she said she was a rich heiress and company head/rep whos family are paying for the trip......

I wonder if she'll turn out to be a company representative for Yutani... looking after their investments in the journey... Damon Lindelof wrote that "finding out wich company she's a face for is part of the fun." This could be possible if they were indeed considering Michelle Yeoh for the part.... an asian actress for an asian corporation. :P

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Blacklabel on Feb 29, 2012, 09:50:40 AM
I wonder if she'll turn out to be a company representative for Yutani... looking after their investments in the journey... Damon Lindelof wrote that "finding out wich company she's a face for is part of the fun." This could be possible if they were indeed considering Michelle Yeoh for the part.... a chinese actress for a chinese corporation. :P
Yutani is Japanese.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

ooops. My bad.

SM

SM

Hollywood don't give a shit.

The three Geisha in a film about Geisha were all played by Chinese actresses.

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Feb 29, 2012, 09:41:25 AM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Feb 29, 2012, 09:38:31 AM

Alien takes place 2122.

Also, 2023 + 50 = 2073.

d'oh mathematical and google fail! I did a google search and the date told me it was 2087 http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_year_was_the_film_Alien_set

Ruzena

Ruzena

Just in case someone forgot about the leak before xmas:

http://www.prometheus-movie.com/news/74

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed