Recent posts

AvP Galaxy News / Re: What Is Canon & Should We ...
Last post by SM - Today at 12:24:45 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Today at 12:00:39 PM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 09:04:36 AMEvery film's burster has looked different. It doesn't tell us anything other than the directors wanted something specific.

Still, Covenant one was a BIG departure in comparision to the other ones

The only departure was behaviour. Physically it was similar to the Fiorina creature of Ripley's Queen. Fair way from Kane's original that had little nubs instead arms and no legs.
Last post by Kradan - Today at 12:15:21 PM
Did he came up with the idea it should look like a marionette or was the idea presented to him and he went "OK, let's do this one" ?
Engineers' facility alarms should sound as elephants' screams
Last post by SiL - Today at 12:03:29 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Today at 12:00:39 PMStill, Covenant one was a BIG departure in comparision to the other ones
Because Scott wanted something specific, not because he was trying to say it's a different kind of Alien.
Quote from: GrimmVision on Today at 11:40:01 AMThe pyramids on LV-223 are most definitely older than 2000 years.

The carbon dater Elizabeth used showed how old the decapitated Engineer was at the time of death.

Quote2000 years, give or take

I mean, I was just taking the piss, but to answer that.. if the silos with a large skull on top of them (presumably signifying death) were producing goo to drop on whoever (as we assume humans had not yet pissed them off at the times they were visiting our ancient civilisations and pointing to the stars) then why point us there specifically? This is like us playing god, creating primitive Replicants and letting them develop on their own world, visiting and guiding them, but instead of showing them a map to say "we're from Earth", it's "heres our secret nuclear launch pads on Mars that we're currently using against the UPP, cool huh?" 🤣 I mean if the pyramids on LV-223 weren't specifically built to wipe out humanity, then why point us there at a time we are presumably friendly? 😂 (also, it is amusing that when the Prometheus lands it just happens to be in the right location "hey look, straight roads and several pyramids, where an outbreak just happened to happen 2 centuries ago, right in front of us" again; it's like Extra terrestrials landing on our moon, opening the door right in front of the American flag. 🤣 In 'Alien', Nostromo is homing in on the derelicts warning beacon... the Prometheus just apparently landed on the correct geographic location of every possible location they could have chosen on an entire planet. 😅
Last post by Kradan - Today at 12:00:39 PM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 09:04:36 AMEvery film's burster has looked different. It doesn't tell us anything other than the directors wanted something specific.

Still, Covenant one was a BIG departure in comparision to the other ones
The pyramids on LV-223 are most definitely older than 2000 years.

The carbon dater Elizabeth used showed how old the decapitated Engineer was at the time of death.

Quote2000 years, give or take
A bit more info on Scott's batshit version of Tristan and Iseult that was going to be a bizarre mashup of Heavy Metal, Star Wars, Conan and Laurence of Arabia with Japanese armour:

From 6:24 to 9:30

Last post by SiL - Today at 10:14:41 AM
It's not that it's unsolvable that's the issue; it's that it needs solving.
I mean, in fairness, there is the fact that all of the paintings point to LV-223's system and not their homeworld... at a time before the engineers decided to wipe us out, so presumably there'd be nothing there at the time they were doing so / no biological weapon facility. 🤣 Like "civilisations of Earth, here is a random uninhabitable planet... one day, if you piss us off, we *may* develop weapons there to wipe you out..just wanted to pre-emptively show you."

*Romans crucify Engineer Jesus*

Engineers: "Right, we warned the f**kers - didn't we tell them?" "Several times." "Right, build the goo factory" 😠

Engineer Jeff, (first week on job): "Sir, I dropped a vase." "Did you clean it up?" "Yes sir!" *holds up yellow mop* "Really!? Are you f**king shitting me!? Come here *opens folder and pulls out file* Is this your signature?? Cause this looks like your signature to say you watched and understood the training hologram on cross contamination." "Yes sir" "and what colour mop do we use in the head room??" "..." "..the BLUE mop!! How many f**king times Jeff!??" "My bad Sir..I'll..urgh..-ack!!" *clutches chest as Neomorph pops* "Here we f**king go... *picks up flute and sounds the alarm* trunk masks on, everyone." 🙄

~ 2 centuries later ~

Shaw: "it's an invitation!!!" 🤩
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed