Alien: Resurrection
41 (3.6%)
Prometheus
8 (0.7%)
Alien: Covenant
7 (0.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1052

Author
Favourite Alien Movie? (Read 596,967 times)

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

Quote from: SM on Oct 04, 2013, 06:06:02 AM
Didn't want to bother starting a new thread for this, but anyone with a copy of Alien handy (theatrical) go to 1:16:09 (just after the scene cuts from Mother's UNABLE TO CLARIFY back to Ripley).  Extreme left frame.

This is what I got (1:19:24 for me, right after "UNABLE TO CLARIFY").

Is that what you were looking for?

monkeylove

monkeylove

Quote from: Predatorium on Oct 05, 2013, 08:05:16 PM

The only thing we learn at the end of the first movie is that it indeed looks like a humanoid, other than that, we know nothing about it; intelligence, strength, reproduction etc. Only guesses can be made.

I think the sequel would have been way more frightening if the marines were realistically portraid as a disciplined group of marines that still get their butts handed to them because of the enemy is way smarter and stronger than the marines and their weapons.

I hate that facepalm feeling I get when Gorman orders their ammo away, which probably was a safe bet since who can trust these "marines" to check their fire? I think if they were actual marines their superior would inform them of the reactor and trust their judgement and training to deal with the situation safely without putting their squadmates in jepoardy.

It's funny though how they should have removed the flamethrowers aswell because look what happens when the medic gets grabbed by the first full grown xeno, she puts the guy with the ammo bag on fire  :P I know Cameron said he didn't know anything about the real marines when he wrote the movie and I know it's an 80s action movie but I just can't get around the bad writing when the first one was so exceptionally executed.

Okey so the first one isn't perfect either; if they had listened to Parker's suggestion to freeze Kane, they'd be safe but there wouldn't be a movie, and sending only Dallas into the vent when they know how big and dangerous the alien is was probably not the smartest idea either.

According to the wiki entry

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_(film)#Origins_and_inspiration

the director drew inspiration from the Vietnam War.

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Oct 05, 2013, 08:15:54 PM

This is what I got (1:19:24 for me, right after "UNABLE TO CLARIFY").

Is that what you were looking for?

According to this source:

http://www.moviemistakes.com/film37/corrections

there's supposed to be a moving shadow.

SM

SM

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Oct 05, 2013, 07:56:30 PM
Quote from: SM on Oct 04, 2013, 06:06:02 AM
Didn't want to bother starting a new thread for this, but anyone with a copy of Alien handy (theatrical) go to 1:16:09 (just after the scene cuts from Mother's UNABLE TO CLARIFY back to Ripley).  Extreme left frame.

I'll see what I can do. You want a screen cap? Anything specific you're looking for?

Nah, I found it, I just wanted others to go have a look.

Quotethere's supposed to be a moving shadow.

There's a moving shadow of the door opening (or closing).  Shoulda known others probably noticed it years ago.  ;D

Predatorium

Predatorium

It's probably just Ash sneaking in.

RobThom

RobThom

The thread title mildly misleading...

There is Alien!
and alienS!

The trashy franchise being the latter.

RobThom

RobThom

AlienS is so good,
that its not only ruined "action" movies,
but video games and general pop culture.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Wut

Aspie

Aspie

Wat

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Oh boy

Aliens_Diner86

Aliens_Diner86

Aliens  ;D

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: SM on Oct 07, 2013, 09:36:39 AMThere's a moving shadow of the door opening (or closing).  Shoulda known others probably noticed it years ago.

Spoiler
[close]

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

It could be Ash's shadow or a behind the scenes crewmember accidentally caught on film.

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

I can understand why people pick Alien ahead of Aliens and even pick Alien 3 ahead of Aliens. Can't understand why anyone would pick Alien Rez over Alien or Aliens. I understand that a lot of people didn't like how they made the alien less threatening in Aliens and thus even prefer Alien 3 over Aliens but how can you pick Alien 3 over Alien .
Alien is superior in almost every way. Both have a lone single Alien and limited means which to combat that Alien. But the characters in alien are far better and the Alien is better despite the advances in technology and film making.

for me Aliens is my favourite but Alien now is virtually neck and neck and in many ways I admit it is a superior film. While Alien 3 is a good film it just does not stand up to the first two but at least it feels like its in the same universe while Alien Rez just doesn't feel like its from the same series just lacks the quality esp of the first two films but even falls behind the third film.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Well, I can at least try to explain why Alien 3 is the closest one to my favorite, if someone would put a gun against my head and force me to chose one from the trilogy , which I consider as one and love equally. But Alien 3 has that eerie feel that I never found in any other movie. The way it opens, the chilly soundtrack, the dirty, basement like environment, the loneliness, the helplessness, the gruesome alien (its birth especially) lurking somewhere, the drama of Ripleys character with "terminal illness", theres so much richness to it, and the moody feel is really unique

Perhaps Nostalgia also plays a factor, since it was the first Alien movie I saw when it first got released on VHS and the movie that got into it all

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed