Godzilla
101 (75.4%)
King Kong
25 (18.7%)
I don't know?
8 (6%)

Total Members Voted: 133

Author
The GODZILLA thread (Read 2,510,556 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Jackson's King Kong has some genuinely horrific sequences.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, the 70s movie isn't exactly scary.

SiL

SiL

Splitting the snakes head open was pretty chilling.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 31, 2024, 02:18:49 AMJackson's King Kong has some genuinely horrific sequences.

Plus a nice art book

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Wetas creep me out to this day.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 31, 2024, 02:18:49 AMJackson's King Kong has some genuinely horrific sequences.

I watched it long long time ago and while not exactly scary this moment stuck with me forever

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: nanison on Mar 31, 2024, 01:06:35 AMI hope they will do a scary Kong again some day like the ... 1976 one... I grew up with that film, his roar in it is terrifying!

If Toho was allowed to do a Kong movie in vein of Shin Godzilla, I think it could happen. But they don't have the rights to Kong sadly.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The problem there is that Kong has always been portrayed as sympathetic on some level. Making him into just a murderous, rampaging beast would be an injustice to his character.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 31, 2024, 04:35:40 PMThe problem there is that Kong has always been portrayed as sympathetic on some level. Making him into just a murderous, rampaging beast would be an injustice to his character.

True, better off with Rampage and Congo.

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

Well ladies and gentlemen the movie officially made over 80 million in the US this weekend and from what I read it will make 100 million around the world for a total of 180 million! With a budget of only 135 million plus marketing it is safe to say the monsterverse will live on!!!

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Yesss! King of the Monsters reigns again!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Nov 26, 2023, 12:30:21 AMAbout those asking if they need to watch all the Monsterverse to catch up for Monarch. A few mentioned Godzilla 2014 and Skull Island are definites and I agree. But I'd also say to watch the other two films too. This series is going to lead into the events of next years Godzilla x Kong. Wont say what or hint at much, but I recommend catching up with all 4 films.

Out of curiosity, with the movie now out, what were you referring to here? Something that was cut, perhaps? I didn't pick up on anything in GxK that felt like it had been explicitly set up in Monarch.

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Now that Gojira is pretty in pink, I want a Rose Gold Ghidorah!

nanison

nanison

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 31, 2024, 04:35:40 PMThe problem there is that Kong has always been portrayed as sympathetic on some level. Making him into just a murderous, rampaging beast would be an injustice to his character.

Why not? They're turning Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse and Bambi into horror films or was all of that just a bad dream I had  :laugh:

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

Quote from: nanison on Mar 31, 2024, 08:56:14 PM

Why not? They're turning Winnie the Pooh, Mickey Mouse and Bambi into horror films or was all of that just a bad dream I had  :laugh:

Having Bambi's Mom rise up and go on a killing spree of the hunters would actually make a good horror film. XD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed