Recent posts

Alien: Romulus / Re: [Spoilers] Alien: Romulus ...
Last post by kwisatz - Today at 12:27:23 AM
Ja, still need to try to keep things like that as far away from my head canon/imagination as possible when watching the films in the future.

Maybe I really should be more grateful to Cameron for a character like Burke hm
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by gold - Today at 12:26:16 AM
I really thought you were smarter than this
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 12:24:38 AM
Me neither, but Alien 3 raised a lot of questions.  It's like my ooze theory about the egg.  I don't like that either, but it's kinda the best of the bad explanations.
Alien Films / Re: Favourite Alien Movie?
Last post by gold - Today at 12:24:09 AM
The last version of the Aliens movie (bluray, 4K, remastered using AI, UHD, HDR, grain removed, etc). Is incredible. Absolutely incredible.

I watched it today on the new iPad M4 (with that crazy good screen and using True Tone so the colors adjust) and it is amazing. It's weird but it feels like you are there on the set. There is something about correct color (especially skin and incandescant lighting mixed with TL and set lights) that switch on your brain. In addition to HDR. It's very hard to explain but Vasquez walking into the main concourse A on HH you can really identify every light source separately from her skin (which looks a normal skin tone).

JC did an unbelievable job on the recent remaster.
Last post by kwisatz - Today at 12:19:24 AM
I gotta say, worldbuildingwise I hate hate hate this scenario

and will probably hate Romulus for eventually taking the same line
General Discussion / Re: New Members >>> Introduce ...
Last post by gold - Today at 12:13:53 AM
I have been a member for a while but never filled this part in. Sorry about that.

I'm a huge Alien and Aliens fan. Saw them in the cinema back in the 80's and 90's. (Also GB). Currently working on a Colonial Marine outfit for Airsoft. Love the Snow Wolf M41 airsoft that I use for skirmishes. I'd recommend it to any Aliens fan!

I also have every comic and most data books; ACMTM, All roleplaying rulebooks Core, WY, CM, the Bug Hunt book, etc). I have particular love for the last chapters of the ACMTM which led me to believe that Bishop in Aliens (341-B) was evil afterall.

Big secret: I also love the A:CM game :) (well TemplarGFX modded version on PC) Especially using a VR headset!
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 12:13:30 AM
It's just a convenient way to logically explain why the Sulaco happened to be spitting distance from Fiorina when the EEV ejected.  It also explains why the Patna was only a couple of days away when that happened.
Last post by kwisatz - Today at 12:00:51 AM
Fu*k me, these people are worse than the X-Files' Syndicate
Last post by Local Trouble - Yesterday at 11:55:46 PM
Possibly, but I've said before that I think the Sulaco was rerouted to Fiorina after the company decided to use it as an impromptu black site.
Last post by kwisatz - Yesterday at 11:45:03 PM
Do you think Burke and who he was working with/for had a secret station setup somewhere in deep space too?
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed