Is it great to be a young fan?

Started by Kradan, Feb 14, 2019, 11:56:55 PM

Author
Is it great to be a young fan? (Read 4,403 times)

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

HERETIC.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Kradan on Feb 15, 2019, 02:15:59 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 15, 2019, 01:30:17 AM
There will never be movies or games as good as those that came before.

It's quite depressive. I prefer to be more optimistic.

It's realistic, there can be good stuff, just not as good the old ones. We can still get 7-8/10 things, just never another on pair with ALIEN, PREDATOR or AVP2(2001).

Corporal Hicks

I have to disagree and back up Old One. Isolation and Cold Forge are proof we can get just as good as classics.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Isolation came pretty close for me. I can give it a 9-9,5/10. And that was like 5 years ago. Not much since then. Overall I liked Cold Forge as well as some other recent novels, but I wouldn't give them same grade.

Voodoo Magic

I wish Disney would create a separate studio for their soon to be obtained sci-fi franchises. Planet of the Apes. Alien. Predator. Avatar. Independence Day.

Then we would just need someone large-and-in-charge who understands the properties, respects the material, respects the audience, can reign in creators from perverting the lore, and can lay out a plan.

Like Kevin Feige does over there at Marvel.

Huggs

Huggs

I think it's safe to call Independence Day officially dead. I don't think I ever heard a single positive thing said about resurgence . And the future depended upon its reception as I recall .

Voodoo Magic

Spoiler
I was being nice. I don't even like the original Independence Day, but I know some people here do.
[close]

MoonRightRomantic

I only watched the alien movies on Amazon Prime and I still think only the first two were any good. The prequels, sequels and crossovers were all bad.

Huggs

Huggs

Hopefully we will hear something official this year from Disney. I'd just like to know one way or another, what kind of future these franchises still have , or not.

The Old One

The Old One

Taste absence.

Quote from: MoonRightRomantic on Feb 15, 2019, 06:52:00 PM
I only watched the alien movies on Amazon Prime and I still think only the first two were any good. The prequels, sequels and crossovers were all bad.

Local Trouble

Quote from: MoonRightRomantic on Feb 15, 2019, 06:51:01 PM

;D

The Old One

The Old One

The user desires a Newt heroine.
:laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 15, 2019, 07:36:05 PM
The user desires a Newt heroine.
:laugh:

Could we settle for nudity and heroin?

SM

SM

QuoteI wish Disney would create a separate studio for their soon to be obtained sci-fi franchises. Planet of the Apes. Alien. Predator. Avatar. Independence Day.

You could call the new studio 'Fox'...

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SM on Feb 15, 2019, 08:30:00 PM
QuoteI wish Disney would create a separate studio for their soon to be obtained sci-fi franchises. Planet of the Apes. Alien. Predator. Avatar. Independence Day.

You could call the new studio 'Fox'...

Will treat this seriously...

Nah, defeats the purpose. Not focused enough. It still suggests the entire Fox library. Whatever this sci-fi studio would be called, you start making good movies, like Marvel Studios, the public might start coming out for the brand, anything by that studio, not just the individual franchise, because they're expecting a certain level of good quality.

Like I hear horror fans saying they're going to check out "the next Blumhouse film".

And they need to hire a person like this:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed