Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 845,954 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Planet of the Apes (1968)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape!

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 15, 2024, 09:22:48 PMPlanet of the Apes (1968)

Classic!

Love the musical score for this flick, and Heston is 👌. Too many great things to list about this film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Beneath the Planet of the Apes

This movie is at its best when it's being completely bonkers and out there, less so when it's retreading the original only with Diet Heston. The second half and that insane ending definitely elevate the film.

Also Gregory Sierra from Miami Vice plays one of the mutants and that amused me greatly on this viewing. :laugh:

Prez

Prez

The Dry
A rewatch in anticipation for this weekend's date movie night with my wife, to see the sequel. Something about Aussie movies made in regional towns that just always gets me. The grittiness, the imperfections, the quiet and understated dialogue - the bare bones of it all - as bare as some of the landscapes. Whilst The Dry wasn't a stellar film, it was still enjoyable. Eric Bana is so underrated.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Last of the Mohicans (1992)

Stitch

Stitch

Mortal Kombat Legends: Battle of the Realms

Mortal Kombat Legends: Snow Blind

Not bad films. Clearly not high budget but I felt the first one was carried a long way by Joel McHale playing Johnny Cage. Dude is hilarious.

Second one has a weird Mad Max style vibe, and though it seems a bit batshit, it's not bad.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Escape from the Planet of the Apes

Aside from the ridiculous contrivance needed to make the story possible, this is a pretty solid sequel.

PredBabe

PredBabe

The Pod Generation

I thought it was just OK. Maybe a bit anti-climatic but I didn't think it was as bad as the reviews were saying.   

Stitch

Stitch

Society of the Snow

Reminds me of Alive. Pretty good so far.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Conquest of the Planet of the Apes - Unrated Version

My favorite of the sequels, especially in this cut, with some of the violence and the original ending restored. OG Caesar is not to be f**ked with.

This movie and the last one could have used more of Ricardo Montalban, though.

SM

SM

Backtrack - Virtually unheard-of Australian flick with Adrien Brody doing a flawless Australian accent, Sam Neill and Bruce Spence. It doesn't know if it wants to be a psychological thriller or ghost story.  Only watched it because one of my staff spent a day on the set as an extra bumping into Brody when she was at high school (and isn't visible in the final film). Not a great film, but not too bad for all that.  Locals can catch the difference between the stuff shot in Melbourne and stuff shot in Sydney (which is also meant to be Melbourne).

Wysps

Wysps

Working on getting through Once Upon a Time in the West.  It's about time for a rewatch  :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Battle for the Planet of the Apes - Extended Version

Not quite as bad as I remembered, but still the weakest of the original five, and not the strongest place for the series to end. The longer version of the movie is the one to watch, though, as the added material includes some neat connections to the previous movie, especially Beneath.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Hatching - 2022

A Finnish Creature Feature with psychological horror elements

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed