Could have been better. (2/5)
61 (13.3%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 457

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 284,379 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I hope not.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 10, 2019, 05:00:09 PM
David's fingering days may be over.

He only lost one hand.

szkoki

The Old One

The Old One

He's not entirely on point as he gets stuff incorrect, and he completely misses answers in the film to questions he asks like so many others, for example the Pods and Motes obvious functionality.

Evanus

Evanus

Videos like that just make me sad. The comments section... yikes. It's shocking how so many people hate it simply because it's not what they wanted, and can't even see what the film is actually about.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 05, 2020, 03:45:48 PM
Videos like that just make me sad. The comments section... yikes. It's shocking how so many people hate it simply because it's not what they wanted, and can't even see what the film is actually about.

To be honest, I do not think it is fair to say they are hating it "simply because it's not what they wanted". The criticisms in regards to writing, casting and execution are legitimate, which I think some can forgive and get past, while some cannot. And the same goes with Prometheus.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: szkoki on Apr 05, 2020, 10:48:58 AM
:D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO0TUESAL5Y

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 05, 2020, 04:26:22 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Apr 05, 2020, 03:45:48 PM

To be honest, I do not think it is fair to say they are hating it "simply because it's not what they wanted". The criticisms in regards to writing, casting and execution are legitimate, which I think some can forgive and get past, while some cannot. And the same goes with Prometheus.

Oh yeah, the so called Prometheus... ::)

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 05, 2020, 04:26:22 PM
To be honest, I do not think it is fair to say they are hating it "simply because it's not what they wanted". The criticisms in regards to writing, casting and execution are legitimate

The writing and execution is superior in Covenant though  :P

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Superior seems too strong a word here for my taste. Marginally would be better. Both have stupid characters doing stupid things. One also has Fifield! The other has the evil twin switcheroo! Both feel like an insult to my intelligence in movies that take itself so seriously, imo. However, where I would use the word superior is in the case of casting, Prometheus over Covenant, lead and supporting cast, by leaps and bounds.   :)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The characters in Covenant were still frequently stupid, but they at least felt like real people and not bits of movie character clipart.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 05, 2020, 07:17:21 PM
Superior seems too strong a word here for my taste. Marginally would be better. Both have stupid characters doing stupid things. One also has Fifield! The other has the evil twin switcheroo! Both feel like an insult to my intelligence in movies that take itself so seriously, imo. However, where I would use the word superior is in the case of casting, Prometheus over Covenant, lead and supporting cast, by leaps and bounds.   :)

Oh common! in AVP Requiem, the Predator crew didn't even bother to scanning Scar's body for the sake of security, and we know that they can do that...

They could have found the Predalien and destroyed the body or whatever. Also, the ship crashed because a Predator started to open fire inside the vehicle.  :P

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Requiem is a whole other level of dumb.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Yup.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 05, 2020, 07:44:49 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 05, 2020, 07:17:21 PM

Oh common! in AVP Requiem, the Predator crew didn't even bother to scanning Scar's body for the sake of security, and we know that they can do that...

https://media.giphy.com/media/TGu0Tpy78aF13wMIAJ/giphy.gif

They could have found the Predalien and destroyed the body or whatever. Also, the ship crashed because a Predator started to open fire inside the vehicle.  :P

Errrr. You lost me. Is this because I like AvP Requiem? It's a dumb, goofy B monster movie. It's like comparing AvPR to Arrival.

It's all about the context, the degree a film takes itself seriously. The more seriously it takes itself, the more intelligent your script needs to be. The Fast and Furious and Ferrari vs Ford calls for a different level of writing. Watch the beginning of Alien Covenant with Weyland and David. There's a level of intelligence it needs to work throughout, versus say a comicbook level movie featuring a voodoo magic practicing drug kingpin named King Wille running the streets of LA!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 05, 2020, 08:44:48 PM
Is this because I like AvP Requiem?

Yes. However, I do I agree the Alien Prequel Duology take itself too seriously and due to that....it requires the best writing possible in order to not being considered pretentious.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Apr 05, 2020, 08:50:00 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 05, 2020, 08:44:48 PM
Is this because I like AvP Requiem?

Yes.

Well guess what. The fault you pointed out. It's with AvP.  Not AvP-R.   :P

AvP-R had to work with what was setup before it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed