Could have been better. (2/5)
61 (13.3%)
Didn't like it. (1/5)
32 (7%)
Hated it! (0/5)
30 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 457

Author
Alien Covenant Fan Reviews (Read 284,399 times)

SM

SM

Show don't tell.

426Buddy

426Buddy

David was standing outside the room containing Rosenthal and the Neomorph. Davids reaction to killing the neomorph was something but there was no reason to suspect he had anything to do with the neomorph finding and killing Rosenthal.

Alionic

Alionic

Quote from: SM on Aug 22, 2017, 11:24:39 PM
Doesn't really answer the question.

Did you expect anything else?  :laugh:

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

Quote from: 426Buddy on Aug 23, 2017, 12:24:54 AM
David was standing outside the room containing Rosenthal and the Neomorph. Davids reaction to killing the neomorph was something but there was no reason to suspect he had anything to do with the neomorph finding and killing Rosenthal.
Oram finds David and the Neomorph practically kissing, with the Neomorph still dripping blood from eating Rosenthal's corpse. In case for some reason you're still naive enough to not to think Oram thinks David had something to do with the Neomorph finding and killing Rosenthal, you have Oram threatening to shoot David if he doesn't provide him with answers. Oram thinking that David had something to do with it is unquestionable, both on a visual and on a dialogue level.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I agree that Oram's actions were a stretch. The fact is, David's behaviour is at the very least incredibly suspicious, and people have been dying as a result of strange alien life for the previous few hours.

"I've been alone on this planet for ten years playing God. By the way, look at this egg. Go on, lean in and take a really good peek!"

I don't buy it. People were snickering at it at the premiere, and Ridley was in the room.

SiL

SiL

It made more sense for Kane to be curious and stick his head somewhere stupid, than for someone to be told to do it by someone who has spent the last five minutes proving himself to be an unquestionably creepy motherf**ker.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Makes more sense to whom, though?  Maybe to this character it made sense.  Character decisions in movies are always questionable.  You might say you would not do that, but how would you know unless you were in that situation?  It's just nitpicking.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Scorpio on Aug 23, 2017, 09:46:02 AMMakes more sense to whom, though?

To the audience.

It's all about the build-up. Throughout the trek to the derelict Kane is the one telling the others, "We have to go on!" - the film establishes beforehand he's determined to follow his curiosity, so I buy it getting the better of him later on. Oram goes from threatening David at f*cking gunpoint to willingly following his obviously dubious instruction in the space of about 30 seconds.

SM

SM

It don't think it doesn't make sense for Oram, but it made more sense for Kane because he was established as the adventurer and explorer.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Even Kane should have known better, if you want to look at it that way.  Anyone should know that you should not mess around with unknown alien life on an alien planet.  It's just common sense, but if characters didn't do such things, there would be no film.

I just find it a poor reason to hate on the film, and is just nitpicking for the sake of nitpicking.

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

If Oram did suspect David's involvement in Rosenthal's death then he would actually have been wrong anyway because David wasn't involved.

Oram finds an unarmed David attempting to pacify a monstrous many teethed creature. What would he have expected David to have been doing at this point, wrestling the beast to the ground?

Hide

Hide

Quote from: Jonesy1974 on Aug 23, 2017, 11:07:15 AM
If Oram did suspect David's involvement in Rosenthal's death then he would actually have been wrong anyway because David wasn't involved.

Oram finds an unarmed David attempting to pacify a monstrous many teethed creature. What would he have expected David to have been doing at this point, wrestling the beast to the ground?

David's screaming when the Neomorph was shooted was one of the many laugh out loud moments.

So Campy!

Jonesy1974

Jonesy1974

Quote from: Hide on Aug 23, 2017, 11:47:46 AM

David's screaming when the Neomorph was shooted was one of the many laugh out loud moments.

So Campy!

I didn't laugh.

Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

So Campy!
I didn't laugh at it when I first saw the film in theaters, but upon rewatching it at home I did giggle at Fassbender's facial expression in that scene, same as Walter's expression when David "kills" him with a flute. Something about the quick change of facial expression combined with the camera angle made me think of Brian Cranston in Malcolm in the Middle. As an unintentional comedy, Covenant is pure gold.

Gash

Gash

So Campy!

Alien Covenant has an age restriction doesn't it? To keep the juvenile giggling f**kwits with no life experience out of the theatre.

Personally I thought that when the Neomorph got shooted at, it was a bit like when the Neomorph got talkied at, it was creepy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed