All David Lynch

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Jan 20, 2020, 04:03:16 PM

Author
All David Lynch (Read 7,834 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

He was working on it before the first movie came out, it's dated January 1984.

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 27, 2024, 11:02:42 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Feb 27, 2024, 10:57:57 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 05, 2024, 07:41:20 PMAbout to start reading Lynch's unfinished Dune sequel script...
Just out of interest, where did you find it? I've seen articles about it but been unable to locate it myself

A friend sent it to me.
Fair enough! I shall keep looking for it then.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The solution to the mystery is great.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: ColliderTwin Peaks is a complex show. It's about murder, trauma, pie, secret romances, shady business deals, loveless marriages, and nuclear bombs, among many other things. These plotlines all branch out from one question: Who killed Laura Palmer (Sheryl Lee)? Laura is the key to the entire show. Her death is what sets the plot in motion. It starts the conflict, brings Dale Cooper (Kyle MacLachlan) into town, and establishes new romances; everything you could think of. The show, even without Laura Palmer appearing in it — save from old footage, pictures, and as a dead body — is all about her and her death. When that question is answered, the show is over. To answer it before that would be incredibly shortsighted, and ruin the rest of Twin Peaks.

Lynch, and his co-creator, Mark Frost, understood that. They never wanted to reveal Laura's killer, but at the very least wanted Twin Peaks to end with audiences finding it out. To be honest, any writer with a modicum of understanding of how stories work, and how they should be structured, understands that. The man who did not was Bob Iger. Iger has been in the studio business his entire adult life. Now CEO of Disney, he was named head of ABC Entertainment in 1989. It could be argued that Iger, first and foremost, is a businessman, and back then, especially, television was often viewed as a business made to sell advertisements.

https://twitter.com/Collider/status/1785044328022192517

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

It's hard not to imagine and want to see what Twin Peaks could have been if it had been allowed to continue as it was without interference.

But at least the masterpiece that is The Return helps alleviate some of it.

I'm a relatively newer fan tho, so I can't imagine what that disappointment must have been like for the fans that were there from the beginning.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I think the reveal of the killer is great, but it might have worked out better if they had kept that plot going a bit longer so we didn't have to put up with some of those lame subplots.

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: KiramidHead on Apr 29, 2024, 11:12:40 PMI think the reveal of the killer is great, but it might have worked out better if they had kept that plot going a bit longer so we didn't have to put up with some of those lame subplots.

I found the goofy side plots a lot more enjoyable the second time through.
Season 2 basically feels like 2 seasons though, before the killer reveal and after.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

Yeah I like the reveal of the killer, there's just very much a feeling of "well... now what?" after it's resolved. And the back half of season 2 feels rough and kinda directionless, even though it has it's moments.

I do think it swings things back into being really good and interesting by the finale tho. The last episode of season 2 is an all-time great piece of television. But by that time it seemed too late. The show definitely would have benefited from keeping the mystery of Laura's murder looming and propelling it along.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I was thinking along the lines of Cooper having to deal with the killer and Windom Earle at the same time. Overall though, the cancellation got us Fire Walk With Me and The Return, so I can't say I'm complaining.

Cosmic Incubation

Cosmic Incubation

True, FWWM and The Return are masterpieces so it worked out in the end. No complaints either, just always that "what if" to entertain lol.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: ColliderAlthough the location and exact time period of the film is somewhat ambiguous, Eraserhead appears to take place within an industrial area that is reliant upon old-fashioned electrical currents. Rudimentary electric technology plays a major role in Henry's visions, as the popping sound of currents can often be heard before he starts seeing surrealist images.Lynch originally included a moment in Eraserhead where Henry sees two women tied to a bed while a man with an electric box stands by. While Henry turns away and looks horrified, the implication is that the man is about to electrocute and kill them.

https://twitter.com/Collider/status/1786808404276646389

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Only just now watched "What Did Jack Do?" on Netflix, and it's funny as hell. Just total absurdist nonsense.  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed