What made you happy today?

Started by Rick Grimes, Feb 08, 2013, 03:09:06 PM

Author
What made you happy today? (Read 592,098 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

f**king skull h8rs.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

:laugh:

FiorinaFury161

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I'm feeling persecuted and oppressed for my beliefs.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jun 11, 2018, 03:46:08 PM

I suddenly feel the need to identify, as an Alien skull.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 12, 2018, 02:47:54 AM

Watch out for Preds.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 12, 2018, 03:12:03 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jun 12, 2018, 02:47:54 AM

Watch out for Preds.

Yeah, but if I hold really still, they'll just think I'm a trophy.  ;)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Matthew Stover on his unpublished Flash Gordon book:

QuoteMy editor at HarperCollins Entertainment loved it. The marketing staff loved it. The Hearst Communications honchos loved it. In fact, everyone who's ever read it—what's the phrase I'm looking for? Oh, yeah—loved it... except for one yutz over at King Features (a Hearst subsidiary) who unfortunately is the actual rights manager for the Flash Gordon franchise. His official line is that the book's "unwholesome." I suspect the real problem is that the book's good, and if he lets it see the light of day, it'll make the rest of his Flash Gordon spinoff stuff look like the cynical, vapid, imagination-challenged fun-deprived pile of mastodon turds it is.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

The dude has a way with words. :laugh:

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 14, 2018, 02:42:34 AM

QuoteMy editor at HarperCollins Entertainment loved it. The marketing staff loved it. The Hearst Communications honchos loved it. In fact, everyone who's ever read it—what's the phrase I'm looking for? Oh, yeah—loved it... except for one yutz over at King Features (a Hearst subsidiary) who unfortunately is the actual rights manager for the Flash Gordon franchise. His official line is that the book's "unwholesome." I suspect the real problem is that the book's good, and if he lets it see the light of day, it'll make the rest of his Flash Gordon spinoff stuff look like the cynical, vapid, imagination-challenged fun-deprived pile of mastodon turds it is.

"...cynical, vapid, imagination-challenged fun-deprived pile of mastodon turds it is."

This is going in my favorite quotes book.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Wysps on Jun 14, 2018, 02:59:44 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 14, 2018, 02:42:34 AM

"...cynical, vapid, imagination-challenged fun-deprived pile of mastodon turds it is."

This is going in my favorite quotes book.

Deserves to be on a T-Shirt

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

Mowing my lawn.  :)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Jun 15, 2018, 01:58:20 PM

Mowing my lawn.  :)

It's pure therapy. Every week, riding around with no one to bother me. All I have to do is think about whatever I want, as I watch the shaggy land become so clean and neat. So satisfying.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Satisfying, but painful for me. I cut almost 4 acres, and bag most of it. Twice a week. My farm looks like an estate when I am done, so it does seem worthwhile (sometimes LOL)

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Jun 15, 2018, 07:48:31 PM
Satisfying, but painful for me. I cut almost 4 acres, and bag most of it. Twice a week. My farm looks like an estate when I am done, so it does seem worthwhile (sometimes LOL)

I've got about 3 1/2. Takes a while with the old craftsman. Me and the ol' man are hoping to go 50/50 on a zero turn next year. I like to keep mine looking like a golf course. It's definitely worthwhile.

Darwinsgirl

Darwinsgirl

You guys have way more to mow than I do.  I almost bought a rider this year but got a self propelled mower for the exercise.  Usually have a friend mow it for comic books :D

This season I'm so happy that I am able to do it (had knee trouble). Its a pleasure

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed