Aliens novels chronology

Started by Magneto, Mar 07, 2010, 08:31:34 PM

Author
Aliens novels chronology (Read 41,749 times)

predxeno

predxeno

Yeah, but doing so can drive one into a state of pandorum.  This could have severe effects on one's health; both physically and mentally.

SM

SM

What effects did it have on the Predator?

predxeno

predxeno

We wouldn't know since he's a predator, not human.  Either way, perhaps elders like him can deal with it better than others.

SM

SM

Way too many assumptions to take this seriously.

predxeno

predxeno

Out of curiosity, why do you not consider EU canon?  Is it just because you don't want to put the pieces together or is it because you're too mad at the companies that don't pay attention to inconsistencies and this is your way of saying "scr#w you" to them?

SM

SM

It's not canon because it doesn't fit.

Dark Horse couldn't give two shits about me saying "screw you".  Which I wouldn't anyway because I'm not mad at them.

It's just a simple fact that the comics and novels don't fit in with the films timeline.

predxeno

predxeno

I'd say "I can make it fit", but that has never gotten either of us anywhere in the past. :-\

SM

SM

True.  But only because you've yet to actually do it.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Y
Quote from: SM on Nov 19, 2010, 01:17:53 AM
Does it really need to be so terribly complicated?

If a Predator can cross who knows how many parsecs in hours or less without any relatavistic effects, then they don't need hypersleep chambers.
That, and Wolf didn't use any hypersleep stuff in 'AvP: Requiem'. His transit time from wherever he came from to Earth couldn't have been more than a couple hours.

Also Machiko had been with the Predators for a year.

predxeno

predxeno

Xenomrph, I thought you considered EU canon.

SM, I have done it, it's just that other members of this forum, including you, haven't accepted it on the grounds of nit-picking.

SM

SM

No, on the grounds that it doesn't hold up in any way, shape or form.

If your theories about fitting EU with the films was solid concrete house - a wombat fart could knock it down at 200 paces.

predxeno

predxeno

I still fail to see how my theories don't "hold up". :-\

SM

SM

Nor are you likely to at this point.

It's been torn apart ad nauseum.  No real need to do it again.

predxeno

predxeno

Our perspectives on the issue are too different. :-\

SM

SM

Quite.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed