Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel'

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Jul 22, 2019, 09:20:09 PM

Author
Ridley Scott to direct 'The Last Duel' (Read 155,407 times)

Stolen

Stolen

Rotten : 84%.
Metacritic : 68

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

84 already? You should have aimed for 90%, you're much too lackadaisical!  :P

Some new BTS shots:

That soundtrack preview sounds very KoH'ish. Granted, it's by the same composer after all.

Z Digg

85 now :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Voodoo Magic

Stolen

Stolen

Glorious day, i'm going to see it tonight!
Feedback from spectators in France are excellent

Metacritic : 71
Rotten : 86%

88 on Rotten  :laugh:

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

QuoteGlorious day, i'm going to see it tonight!

Will you have to watch a dub though?

First look at the "massive pork pies":

Stolen

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 13, 2021, 04:00:58 PM
QuoteGlorious day, i'm going to see it tonight!

Will you have to watch a dub though?

Sadly.
But I should see it in original version in a few days if all goes well!

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Good to hear. Let us know what you think of the film!

New behind the scenes featurette:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cMO-eZmqjQ

Ingwar

Stolen

Stolen

Instant classic.
It reminds me a lot "The Duellists", it's a visual splendor. Lots of artistic references, the plans look like art paintings.
Full medieval, an immersion in the middle ages as rarely seen. I'm even surprised that the movie has such good reviews, it's a truly period movie.
A dazzling Rashomon narration, despite a somewhat chaotic start to the film, the 3rd act gives all its meaning to the story.
Jodie Comer... revelation. Excellent performance by Matt Damon, Adam Driver and the rest of the cast is really good

It is truly the anti-gladiator, Scott shows an astonishing sobriety, which does justice to this story, which does not prevent the film from portraying a ruthless world. It's brutal, gory, powerful. "Silence is a dynamic" say Scott. The music is surprisingly discreet, well but set back, a daring choice.

9/10

Ingwar

Nice one Stolen! Glad you enjoyed it. I'm going on Saturday and cannot freaking wait!

Z Digg

Quote from: Stolen on Oct 14, 2021, 05:40:14 AM
Instant classic.
It reminds me a lot "The Duellists", it's a visual splendor. Lots of artistic references, the plans look like art paintings.
Full medieval, an immersion in the middle ages as rarely seen. I'm even surprised that the movie has such good reviews, it's a truly period movie.
A dazzling Rashomon narration, despite a somewhat chaotic start to the film, the 3rd act gives all its meaning to the story.
Jodie Comer... revelation. Excellent performance by Matt Damon, Adam Driver and the rest of the cast is really good

It is truly the anti-gladiator, Scott shows an astonishing sobriety, which does justice to this story, which does not prevent the film from portraying a ruthless world. It's brutal, gory, powerful. "Silence is a dynamic" say Scott. The music is surprisingly discreet, well but set back, a daring choice.

9/10
Glad you enjoyed it  ;D

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Stolen on Oct 14, 2021, 05:40:14 AM
Full medieval, an immersion in the middle ages as rarely seen.

I really like the sound of this!  ;D

BTS photo by Johan le Claire Bottarelli

Ridlazz921

Soundtrack is out.
I listened to it this morning on Spotify

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed