If we do not get a sequel to Covenant

Started by Huggs, May 05, 2019, 12:53:27 AM

Author
If we do not get a sequel to Covenant (Read 14,361 times)

Voodoo Magic

Is it a good time to bring up the mural?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 20, 2019, 01:45:30 PM

Yeah why not?

Part about being the deacon being a Queen is wrong, but those look like facehuggers. Its not like Ridley cares if he needs to retcon stuff from Prometheus to get what he wants. So whatever is on either Alien, Prometheus and Covenant doesn't matter. He can retcon over it all.

SM

SM

How ironic.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Samhain13 on May 20, 2019, 01:53:19 PM

Yeah why not?

Part about being the deacon being a Queen is wrong, but those look like facehuggers. Its not like Ridley cares if he needs to retcon stuff from Prometheus to get what he wants. So whatever is on either Alien, Prometheus and Covenant doesn't matter. He can retcon over it all.

I know this claim has the weight of a package of popcorn, but I think Lindelof said that for him, the Deacon was a young queen or something 😝

Samhain13

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 20, 2019, 09:05:49 PM
Quote from: Samhain13 on May 20, 2019, 01:53:19 PM

Yeah why not?

I know this claim has the weight of a package of popcorn, but I think Lindelof said that for him, the Deacon was a young queen or something 😝

Well, we don't know exactly how the deacon's lifecycle would procede after the chestburst. How it would try to reproduce? There are similarities between its lifecycle and the one of a normal alien. Since it was the only of its type, it could eventually try to morph into something similar of an alien queen in order to reproduce. Like how alien drones morphed into queens in some EU works when there is no other in proximity.

David Weyland

I think the Mural is misunderstood.

I could be wrong but when they are in the mural room- It is when David touches the black goo urns & remarks, ' Organic' that the 'Paintings in the ceiling begin to change. Shaw notices this and thinks they've 'contaminated the environment in the room'
Holloway soon after shines a light on the mural for the first time
Therefore I hypothesise that the mural is in fact a form of 'Black goo mirror' or a form of readout of the shape of reaction the organisms in the room will turn into as a result in contact with the substance. The shapes we see are what is to become...
The Deacon we see at the end of the film is essentially a Proto Human Facehugger & Engineer, this is just a consequence of that combination. The Deacon is a one off aberration, the black goo leaves scope for even more horrific creatures to exist. Ultimately the black goo is the root.
The origin of the classic Xenos is I believe going to remain the result of David, personally in terms of the bigger picture I love this decision & thus the spirit of Gigers original bio tech vision is in place & respected in order to develop further in the future.

Baron Von Marlon

Highland

I guess in the end it's not really the Alien that's the problem, it's the face hugger and the egg.

Alien things have clearly been roaming about since before he was introduced.

The Old One

The Old One

You can't make fans believe David did it because most don't want to.
And every non-fan I've asked about it didn't even realise that was Covenant's implication in the first place.

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on May 24, 2019, 03:57:02 PM
And every non-fan I've asked about it didn't even realise that was Covenant's implication in the first place.

They didn't?

Voodoo Magic

Huggs

No, I don't.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Huggs on May 24, 2019, 03:59:34 PM

They didn't?

My Dad, at least.

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Old One on May 24, 2019, 04:24:02 PM
Quote from: Huggs on May 24, 2019, 03:59:34 PM

They didn't?

My Dad, at least.
I've seen the same thing in a ton of discussions on non-Alien forums. I've lost count of how many times I've seen people say "David couldn't have invented the Alien, because we saw eggs on that ship in the first movie".

The Old One

The Old One

Of course you would say that though.
It supports your POV.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed