Huol

Acid can't burn through concrete?
What?

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: Huol on Nov 04, 2007, 04:18:08 PM
Acid can't burn through concrete?
What?

Im sure it would leave a bad stain but it wouldnt eat through it. It could melt away any metal but concreate is a bit different isnt it.

Huol

Huol

Seeing as we saw acid munch through the floor of the temple in AvP... I'd say it'd go through concrete too.

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: Huol on Nov 04, 2007, 04:25:22 PM
Seeing as we saw acid munch through the floor of the temple in AvP... I'd say it'd go through concrete too.

I cant even remember that part I havent seen it for ages.

dDave

dDave

Quote from: pred_alien on Nov 04, 2007, 04:12:02 PM
i just re-watched the store showdown clip and when he gets his face melted you can see smoke/steam rising from the floor

Thtas right, there is smoke... but i think not really clear to see... best example, a lot of us doesnt saw it!

PS: if its in the movie, i woulndt notice it^^ and i would give a damn about it!^^

Huol

Huol

Happened 3 times if i remember right.

1. Celtic cut off grids tail and his acid melted the pillars a bit.
2. Scar plasma'd an alien, and the huge amount of blood literally turned the floor to goop.
3. Scar showed Lex that alien blood melts everything other than aliens.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Huol on Nov 04, 2007, 04:29:49 PM

2. Scar plasma'd an alien, and the huge amount of blood literally turned the floor to goop.

Considereing that it was ancient concrete that the acid melted so quickly, AVP2 just f'd up right there.

nukem11

nukem11

Quote from: Huol on Nov 04, 2007, 04:29:49 PM

Well maybe they could add the acid blood thing your on abut with cgi.

You've got to understand as well yeah allot of hardcore fans are gonna notice things which will ruin it for them but its not just for us its for the general audiences and there not goonna be so picky or even notice little things like that so its not such a big deal.

Huol

Huol

Nah lol, i didnt even notice it until someone pointed it out.
I was too distracted by wolfs badass entrance.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: pred_alien on Nov 04, 2007, 03:48:38 PM
the new reproductive cycle isnt against canon...its a what happens when the queen is molting and it cant create eggs yet

Just play the game I link to in my signature, if you think that. You'll see it's anything but keeping with canon. :)

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 04, 2007, 04:45:57 PM
Quote from: pred_alien on Nov 04, 2007, 03:48:38 PM
the new reproductive cycle isnt against canon...its a what happens when the queen is molting and it cant create eggs yet

Just play the game I link to in my signature, if you think that. You'll see it's anything but keeping with canon. :)

Haha nice.

Helikaon

Helikaon

QuoteConsidereing that it was ancient concrete that the acid melted so quickly, AVP2 just f'd up right there.

Doesn't Anderson say that the pyramid is made of obsidian and not concrete?

Kriszilla

Kriszilla

Quote from: Helikaon on Nov 04, 2007, 04:53:44 PM
QuoteConsidereing that it was ancient concrete that the acid melted so quickly, AVP2 just f'd up right there.

Doesn't Anderson say that the pyramid is made of obsidian and not concrete?

One problem with that, Obsidian is supposed to be black, isn't it?

Also, the new lifecycle ISN'T against canon, I played your silly 'game' Xenomorphine, but it's all opinion. If  somebody just sat down and write up a full explanation of why it happens, they can make it fit in without conflicting with previously established canon. But, since some people are too stubborn to be convinced, I won't bother.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Kriszilla on Nov 04, 2007, 05:04:58 PM
Also, the new lifecycle ISN'T against canon, I played your silly 'game' Xenomorphine, but it's all opinion. If  somebody just sat down and write up a full explanation of why it happens, they can make it fit in without conflicting with previously established canon. But, since some people are too stubborn to be convinced, I won't bother.

The trouble is, what they wrote in this forum by means of an explanation went against canon for precisely the reasons I wrote up on there.

It was their attempt to provide a solution for problems which never existed in the first place.

You can ignore it all you want, but as you'll see in the debate which has raged for more than 150 pages, we've all tried to turn it this way and that and it just won't fit in with what we've seen the creatures do in previous films.

Superficially, yeah, it'll look horrific and fits in with the sort of things Aliens do, but the films before it still render that same method null and void.

I don't need to go through all the reasons why, because they're all in the 'game' parody. Just refer back to that. :)

AVP66

AVP66

the only thing I had a problem with is that in the store showdown clip when the wolf cuts half of the aliens head off the acid does not seem to burn through the whip. But I guess there are lots of other examples of mistakes happening.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed