Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2015, 09:43:54 AM

Author
Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete (Read 48,047 times)

Predator_Spirit

Predators is just something we all want to forget.

Mike

Mike

You guys take the opinions too far. Yes it's your opinion, yes I understand that completely. But you take it too far by trashing a movie so much it almost becomes something else. I see some users on here who do that all the time. This guy Rakai Thwei for instance trashes Predators so much and he has his right of opinion of course but it almost becomes laughable how much he does it on here and centers peoples comments of the film who do enjoy it and counter it with another negative comment of the film itself. He takes the opinion so far that he always rights Predators capitalized. Which is just plain dumb. The point here is too not be ungrateful. Be grateful to what films you have at your disposal to watch and enjoy. Yes your opinions are still on your right shoulder but don't take it too far like some people do on here. Predators was the 1st solo Predator film in 20 years. I'll say that again 20 years! After Predator 2 in 1990. Honestly.... Let Neil Blomkamp retconn A3 and AR I still love those films but do it just to show some of the people on here it could be worse. Besides a retconn doesn't mean ANYTHING to your on guys OPINION. Just make up your own timeline. That's a great and simple thing everyone can do.

LordCassusSnow

Would'nt it be awesome if, after Predator 2, it was explained that predators in both movies were actually the same being from alternate realities who were all hunters and came together through some advanced tech? And the ships they use were drones that traveled to different planets and housed gateways for these extra dimensional beings to pass through?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Dec 01, 2015, 09:06:54 PM
Would'nt it be awesome if, after Predator 2, it was explained that predators in both movies were actually the same being from alternate realities who were all hunters and came together through some advanced tech? And the ships they use were drones that traveled to different planets and housed gateways for these extra dimensional beings to pass through?

As much as I am for a multiverse-- I really wouldn't want characters crossing over from one "universe" or to another.

overthere

Quote from: LordCassusSnow on Dec 01, 2015, 09:06:54 PM

No.

The Alien Predator

What overthere said.

No multiverse travel please.

It'd kill the grounded tone of the franchise.

LordCassusSnow

Guess no one here is a fan of rick and morty lol Aside from the comics and novels we dont really get much info on predators from the movies. Except that their tech is so far out it could very well be magic. I'm all for yautja and their hunters way of life especially with tim lebbons book Incursion expanding on their culture. I for one collect only comics and novels i think could be canon to the Alien/Predator movies. Neca also expands on the yautja every now and then and some stuff is actually good. I dont count the Avp movies as canon but the idea of the predalien as a young queen or praetorian could fit. The predators could have still visited us in our past and taught us how to build with engineers having still created us. Its a big universe. Predators was ok but could have been better/worse. Would have been awesome if the new preds were bigger and the cast was better. Sam worthington would have been a great royce imo. He was an up and coming actor like arnie or michael beihn.

Predator_Spirit

We need a strong predator trilogy,say like BTTF , with 3 masterpieces and so far we have 2 masterpieces and 1 abomination.And a couple of ridiculous spin offs.In my humble personal opinon. ;)

Since Rodriguez stated he ignored P2 and his flick is a direct sequel to the original, so the next movie should be considered to be the third, since it's not a reboot nor a prequel and it doesn't ignore P2.
P2 was a real sequel to the original, story wise.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Dec 02, 2015, 09:16:40 AMit doesn't ignore P2.

We have no idea yet if it's going to acknowledge Predator 2.

Corporal Hicks

Predators is nowhere near the "homage fest" people like to slag it off for being. Sure, it's set in the jungle but I seem to recall lots of people begging for that return. But it's a completely different jungle on an alien planet. Aside from that I counted 4 pieces of reused dialogue (my biggest hate when it comes to sequels), the minigun, the waterfall and Hanzo's last stand.

People are just too bitter about Classic (understandably) loosing in the fight to the Berserker and too hung up on the concept of Super Predators that did not make it into the film. And it also doesn't erase Predator 2 from existence. It's as much a standalone sequel as Predator 2 was in that it hangs on one piece from Predator. Predators is Predator 3.

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Dec 01, 2015, 10:27:48 PM
What overthere said.

No multiverse travel please.

It'd kill the grounded tone of the franchise.

^^ This. This isn't Marvel.

The Alien Predator

Exactly, Corporal Hicks.

Predators had tons of its own ideas and things that it added to the franchise. I noticed a few homages here and there, while I did enjoy them at first, I would've liked something a bit more original.

However, I'm glad that with Hanzo's last stand, we at least saw the fight unlike with Billy where we heard the scream. It was a sort of homage that added some action.

Predators was in my opinion quite a good film. I loved all of the films.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2015, 10:23:22 AMPeople are just too bitter about Classic (understandably) loosing in the fight to the Berserker and too hung up on the concept of Super Predators that did not make it into the film.

As I just said in another thread, I've never got all that screams of hate crime over that scene.

The classic had been tied up for who knows how long. It's not exactly an earth-shattering shock that it might possibly fall to a Predator that hasn't been crucified for the last two weeks.

TheBATMAN

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2015, 10:23:22 AM
Predators is nowhere near the "homage fest" people like to slag it off for being. Sure, it's set in the jungle but I seem to recall lots of people begging for that return. But it's a completely different jungle on an alien planet. Aside from that I counted 4 pieces of reused dialogue (my biggest hate when it comes to sequels), the minigun, the waterfall and Hanzo's last stand.

I disagree there I'm afraid. I'm in the camp that thought Predators was simply 'okay.' It was far from a disaster for sure and leagues ahead of any of the AVP movies, but it was the homages that spoiled it for me. It's not so much the jungle setting for the preserve planet twist was a good one but just the constant reused dialogue, the similar characters, long tall sally etc. It was just all a bit unnecessary. I don't like giving credit to Paul Anderson but at least his alien homages in AVP were on the whole nice and subtle, but the ones in Predators were just too frequent and too in your face.

I hope Predator 4 is something completely different and I do believe we'll be seeing Alien worlds and other alien species. This film will be make or break for the franchise and it all depends if the fans accept the radical new direction it is going to take.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: TheBATMAN on Dec 02, 2015, 02:16:28 PM
It's not so much the jungle setting for the preserve planet twist was a good one but just the constant reused dialogue, the similar characters, long tall sally etc.

I loathe reused dialogue. It is my biggest hate when it comes to sequels. And a few years back when everyone was complaining about the homages I counted them out. Unless I missed some or I've forgotten some (feel free to correct me), it wasn't constant. I counted 4 pieces.

"Over Here...Turn Around"
"What The f**k Are You?"
"You Are One Ugly..." - and this one is said in Russian and it doesn't translate directly to it. It says: "what an ugly face you face/you have a really ugly face"
"Come-on! Do It Now! Kill Me!"

Long Tall Sally was during the credits and had no bearing on the film.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 02, 2015, 02:23:20 PM"You Are One Ugly..."

This was the only one I really liked. Having it in Russian gave it the neat twist recycled dialogue needs to have. Like when Arnie says all of Michael Biehn's lines in T2.

All the others just felt kinda cringey.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed