Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Religion
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 01:04:19 PM
Everything is my delusion.  What else am I gonna do with my time?
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 01:02:07 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Today at 02:19:20 AMCan I just add; even if Ash hadn't overridden Ripley's order to uphold quarantine procedures, it would have made no difference to the outcome; within the 24 hour quarantine, Kane would have popped, leaving the following outcomes;

1: Ripley maintains quarantine leaving Dallas and Lambert in an airlock with a creature that will rapidly grow and annihilate them. Ripley opens the outer airlock to let it outside/get rid of it, and it simply hitches a ride on the hull until it finds a way inside.

2: She caves to her emotional attachment and opens the door, and the xeno is now inside.

3: Parker and Brett rig some flame units thinking they can kill it and open the inner door. The xeno is now inside.

4: the xeno pops and escapes the airlock, choosing either inside or outside, but the end result is the same as scenario 1 & 2.

The only hopeful option would be to keep it locked in the airlock until in space, then open the outer door and hope the decompression pulls it out at speeds like Kanes body was. However since 1; Ripley doesn't know that it can survive in a vacuum, and 2; she is also unaware of the acid blood and its ability to get through hull/bulkheads with ease...

It always gets inside.

Not really.

There is a few other factors. They witness it popping out of kane and try killing it, obviously there will collateral damage due to the acid blood but they may succeed since its just a chestburster at that stage.

Ripley tells Dallas and Lambert to hold on to something or strap themselves in (if there are something like that in there and they are in space at the time) and she simply ejects what is still a chestburster that can't cling on to anything.

Even the adult might not be able to do so. The only reason the adult alien was able to cling to the shuttle was because it was still connected via a harpoon.

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Today at 10:54:32 AMNot leaving a custodial staff on board the Sulaco's by far the dumbest thing in Aliens, and it's the most inexcusable because it had to happen for the overall plot.

Its probably all automated. The APC had a transmitter to summon the other dropship but it got wasted.
£20 for softback on Amazon. £80 for hardback. I ordered the soft.
Alien-Predator Literature / Re: Aliens (Constellations)
Last post by SM - Today at 12:54:41 PM
Am I reading the $120 price right?
AvP Galaxy News / Re: What Is Canon & Should We ...
Last post by SM - Today at 12:50:41 PM
Final product chained to the wall, yo.
General Discussion / Re: Religion
Last post by The Cruentus - Today at 12:47:46 PM
Religion, like politics has caused an immense amount of misery and death. Any different ideologies tend to do so really.

I think people can believe what they want and are free to do so. Live and let live.

That being said, christianity or at least the old version is a pretty dark religion that introduced or at least amplified a lot of hate, bigotry and oppression. A lot people died for no good reasons due to it. still do actually. 
Modern version is a tad more chill but still has its moments of spreading hate and trying to force it down people's throats.

Goes without saying that not all followers of that religion believes in spreading hate or forcing their beliefs on people, there are decent folks that follow the live and let live.

Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 05:50:42 AMYou're all my creations.  That's what solipsism means.  Nothing outside of my mind is real.

Poses interesting questions doesn't it? If nothing is real then what is the point? why are you here engaging with your delusions?  :laugh:
And pre-ordered. For sure this time! I hope I didn't pre-order it before.
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Yesterday at 05:01:17 PM
Quote from: SM on Yesterday at 02:51:30 AMThat's some Gibson shit right there.

Indeed... but then it'd have to be a two way street... if the Queen continues to undergo metamorphosis, then why shouldn't Ripley 8? Imagine some of the cool and grotesque imagery we could get as Ripley first goes full 'reproduction mode' as per Sil from 'Species', and then goes on to develop an egg sack 🤣

Despite it running counter to Riply 8's (thin, kinda flimsy) arc in Resurrection about reembracing humanity, this is something I've long said I'd be genuinely intrigued to see. Even if it's just some sort of implication that that is out there, in the post-Resurrection portion of the timeline.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed