Started by (Bad Blood), Sep 29, 2023, 05:09:29 AM

AVP Requiem VS The Predator

Alien Vs Predator Requiem
31 (70.5%)
The Predator 2018
13 (29.5%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author
AVP Requiem VS The Predator (Read 9,933 times)

SiL

SiL

Weirdly it was the last movie with a regular Predator as the lead Predator and, incompetent as he may be, I give it points for that.

The Cruentus

Quote from: SM on Jan 16, 2024, 06:23:12 AMThis must be some strange new definition of "add" that I wasn't previously aware of.

Well it never existed before (I think), so I think it is fair to say it is an "add"ition  ;D

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: SiL on Jan 16, 2024, 08:15:34 AMWeirdly it was the last movie with a regular Predator as the lead Predator and, incompetent as he may be, I give it points for that.

I consider that Predator 2 or Prey myself, sure the Predator in Prey looks substantially different, but he functions much the same.

The Cruentus

I do like what they did with the predator in Prey, its a different species native to a more desert environment of their homeworld. He had a preference for melee too.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Jan 16, 2024, 03:34:55 PM
Quote from: SiL on Jan 16, 2024, 08:15:34 AMWeirdly it was the last movie with a regular Predator as the lead Predator and, incompetent as he may be, I give it points for that.

I consider that Predator 2 or Prey myself, sure the Predator in Prey looks substantially different, but he functions much the same.
Feral is Jason Voorhees in a cloaking device.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

The Prey design was okay except for his face.  He looked like he is the father of the super predators, who might have also been fed paint chips as a child by his parents. 

SiL

SiL

I'm not talking design, personally.

BigDaddyJohn

I give the edge to The Predator. A bit more visually interesting ideas, way better cast.

Stupider, stupider lore additions, that's for sure though.

PredBabe

PredBabe

As frustrating as the movie is, I still say The Predator is the better movie compared to AVP:R. Great cast with likable characters and enjoyable action moments. Fugitive trumps Wolf, Feral, or any of the Preds in Predators, IMO.

Between studio meddling and the very dumb idea of trying to cram as much crap into a Predator movie, they really should have focused the story more around the bad-blood comics and rid of the autism angle. They also should have had Fugitive survive at least until the end before getting killed off in a showdown.   

[cancerblack]

Quote from: PredBabe on Feb 18, 2024, 04:20:32 PMFugitive trumps Wolf

I've never felt that's a high bar to clear, but you're quite right.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

While I quite like Fugitive's appearence overall, I prefer Wolf in this area.

Wysps

Wysps

Quote from: PredBabe on Feb 18, 2024, 04:20:32 PMAs frustrating as the movie is, I still say The Predator is the better movie compared to AVP:R. Great cast with likable characters and enjoyable action moments. Fugitive trumps Wolf, Feral, or any of the Preds in Predators, IMO.

Between studio meddling and the very dumb idea of trying to cram as much crap into a Predator movie, they really should have focused the story more around the bad-blood comics and rid of the autism angle. They also should have had Fugitive survive at least until the end before getting killed off in a showdown. 

Killing Fugitive off too early was such a travesty, imho  :-\

PredBabe

PredBabe

Gone too soon...

It's from both a design and behavioral standpoint that I prefer Fugitive.
That's not to say that I didn't like anything about Wolf's design concepts though. Wolf was the strongest thing AVPR had going for itself, which doesn't say a whole lot for that movie. 

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I have trouble fully liking Fugitive's mask for example. While I like the design, the rendition looks way too
plastic for me, and it feels weird.

But I quite like his gauntlets, and I love his armor.

[cancerblack]

Something I saw mentioned around here recently (f**ked if I can remember where right now) that I do think really works in Fugitives favour is using human weapons in the escape scene, especially because he's still effective with them while using slightly lazy, disdainful movements and treating them as disposable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed