New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios

Started by Moosh89, Jan 17, 2018, 05:20:48 PM

Author
New Alien First Person Shooter in development @ Cold Iron Studios (Read 158,991 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I hope your right, I really do.
(Dead Space Pithee)

MattFiler

https://twitter.com/thegameawards/status/1067080358632468480

Looks like they're trying to calm the hype. Guessing the tagline is just a coincidence?

Corporal Hicks

I imagine so. I really don't expect we'll be seeing anything at the show.

Russ840

The Old One

The Old One

You expect nothing? Despite the registration of the Blackout Twitter etc?

MattFiler

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 26, 2018, 04:26:40 PM

Both Twitter accounts are likely people jumping on the bandwagon, and to be fair the Alien: Isolation trademark registration (in the UK at least) was applied for a few months before the official announcement. Remember, they've only just applied - it hasn't been granted yet.

All in all though it does seem around the right time for an announcement since it has been in development for so long, but we'll just have to wait and see. If I remember correctly, the Alien: Isolation trademark was filed for in October, with the game then being announced in January - so this may follow a similar timeframe.

I still hold out hope we'll see something because the Kojima tweet was a little suspicious, but with this video I'd guess they're basically telling us that it's not going to happen.

The Old One

The Old One

Disappointing. Oh well.

"We promise you nothing and deliver less."

Vertigo

On the plus side, hopefully it's a good sign that the game isn't being rushed.

The Old One

The Old One

True.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Old One on Nov 26, 2018, 04:26:40 PM

I really don't expect anything. The Twitter accounts were registered months ago, not recently.

Quote from: MattFiler on Nov 26, 2018, 05:12:37 PM
All in all though it does seem around the right time for an announcement since it has been in development for so long, but we'll just have to wait and see. If I remember correctly, the Alien: Isolation trademark was filed for in October, with the game then being announced in January - so this may follow a similar timeframe.

Yeah, that's exactly right. isolation was registered at the end of October, then in January the official announcement.

szkoki

Well see. But fure sure Isolation set the standard on the immersion level (environment, sound, music).
I really do hope FOR ONCE this game will have CHARACTERS to care and worry about as the monster itself is not that scary anymore.
Or make it a really great multiplayer online game.

Personally i dont want a 2nd isolation as it was only about 1, hiding. 2, finding key to unlock the door 3, rinse and repeat for 15 hours.

LV-12986

As long as there is a great story, great graphics, pulse rifles, smart guns, sharp sticks, apcs, dropships and sulaco shape ships.

"I just need to know one thing......where they are"

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: LV-12986 on Nov 26, 2018, 07:36:34 PM
As long as there is a great story, great graphics, pulse rifles, smart guns, sharp sticks, apcs, dropships and sulaco shape ships.

"I just need to know one thing......where they are"

This is the kind of optimism I like.

Adam802

Seems like Kojima was just promoting the game awards overall, not any specific game.  And "World will Change" is the slogan for the entire game awards, not a hint at any specific game announcement.  Though there's still a chance we might see something at the awards.  If not, I'd honestly be ok with that though, bc I want Cold Iron to take all the time they need with this one. 

The Old One

The Old One

Just a coincidence staring into the egg then? lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed