Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 154,932 times)

SpeedyMaxx

There are still noble Predators who hunt to challenge and improve themselves, I believe (in part due to another acquisition previously mentioned). But the film is about more than them, though it does feature them.

von

A
Spoiler
stargazer merc
[close]
just popped up on IMDb

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 04, 2017, 03:45:56 PM

Goes hand in hand with a franchise based on adolescent ideas of what tough soldiers look like.

They were mercenaries not soldiers at the moment.

Predaker

Spoiler
What is the predator working for the government going to be wearing? A labcoat?
[close]

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 09, 2017, 12:33:48 AM
Spoiler
[close]
What a silly question. He'll clearly end up wearing a MAGA hat and t-shirt.

Predaker

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Apr 09, 2017, 01:46:17 AM
Spoiler
[close]

:laugh:

Spoiler
"Hey, uh, our project manager for the spider predator program is going to be out this weekend, so we need you to work a double-shift on Saturday Mr. Hunter."

*Predator roars*
[close]

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 04, 2017, 11:33:32 PM
There are still noble Predators who hunt to challenge and improve themselves, I believe (in part due to another acquisition previously mentioned). But the film is about more than them, though it does feature them.

There is no hunting in this movie.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 09, 2017, 12:42:07 PM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Apr 09, 2017, 01:46:17 AM
Spoiler
[close]

:laugh:

Spoiler
"Hey, uh, our project manager for the spider predator program is going to be out this weekend, so we need you to work a double-shift on Saturday Mr. Hunter."

*Predator roars*
[close]
Spoiler
He then goes ape shit and tears out that poor fellows spine. Thus, bringing about an end to the Trump administration's secret refugee and Yautja labor programs.
[close]

lv_226

Admittedly, I feel pretty lost with regard to what this movie is even about —yeah, I get that the "leaked" synopsis maybe gives us something to look forward to (or maybe not), but even at that the overall point of the story is missing.

paperhearts

I came here because I took a survey a few days ago and the survey was about reviewing the script of the new Predator movie.  This script is basically the same with some changes.  In the survey they were asking what was good or bad and would make me watch or not watch.  So I'm hoping they are still able to rework the script.  That's what I'm hoping.

Spoiler

The changes from the script posted that I got in my survey

- They are in Mexico not Cuba.  McKenna is sniping some big cartel guy and is alone when the Predator ship crashes (and ruins his shot)  He wakes up (the crash explosion knocks him out) finds the predator and predator tech alone.  He goes looking for his team and finds they are all killed (by other predators it seems). And the CIA/Army comes in a helicopter and he hides (He overhears them talking - basically they know about predators (and them hunting humans) and are there to stop take predators out).   McKenna runs away, sends the helmet and weapon/tech button back home.  He tries to report what happened, is thought crazy and then arrested. (the script summary specifically says that when black op military people go crazy, they get jailed because they can't be in society)  So he is sent to jail with other crazy military people. 

- The little kid is a genius who knows 4 languages and is bullied.  (no mention of autism in this version)  His mother is trying to get him hyped up for Halloween by picking a costume.  He's not into it.  He ends up going to open up his dad's box. 

- Casey the scientist is also in the know about Predators.  She's been researching them and found out that Predators have some human DNA in them.   and Predators are now messing with their own DNA to make them stronger and better hunters.  She hears about McKenna's story, then asks for McKenna to be brought to her lab.  Since he was on a transport already, they just bus him and his looney military prison mates at once.  He goes into the lab and is shown the "dead" predator he found.  turns out he was just faking it and breaks out, but not before McKenna makes a break for it along with his prisonmates.  They rescue Casey along the way as the predator kills his way out at the same time.  All headed towards McKenna's home as he sent the Predator tech there.

- Robbie attracts the attention of other predators because he messes with the Predator Tech gear and it interferes with the tech gear of another predators navigational equipment.  Yes he does learn the language of the Predators.

- Robbie ends up wearing the mask and tech as his halloween costume and accidentally blows up someone's house (I think it was the bullys but can't remember)  he is horrified and runs to hide in the baseball dugout of their local park.

- McKenna busts into his ex wife's house looking for his stuff and realizes that Robbie took it.  He and the ex military prisoners and casey run out looking for him.

- They find him at the dug out... then predator dogs approach and corner Robbie  .... They find Robbie and Robbie is saved by the small predator (the one McKenna found)...  then that Predator turns around to find the bigger predator (he was cloaked/invisible) and the small predator protects all the humans (specifically says the predator is protecting the humans)  fighting with the bigger predator.  McKenna and company escape with Robbie. 

That's all the script summary they gave me.  It was a good chunk focused on this kid Robbie and mixed inbetween the action stuff in Mexico.

Some of the questions they asked about what I wanted to see more of

- Robbie learning to use the alien tech
- McKenna and Robbie relationship as they work together to save the world
- Mckenna and Casey working together
- The group of witty loony prisoners joking around
- More about the predator vs other predator wars
- More about predators manipulating DNA to enhance themselves.
- More about predators using alien tech
- References to the previous movies
- More action
- More witty dialogue

[close]

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: paperhearts on Apr 11, 2017, 10:14:57 PM

I came here because I took a survey a few days ago and the survey was about reviewing the script of the new Predator movie.  This script is basically the same with some changes.  In the survey they were asking what was good or bad and would make me watch or not watch.  So I'm hoping they are still able to rework the script.  That's what I'm hoping.

Spoiler

- They are in Mexico not Cuba.  McKenna is sniping some big cartel guy and is alone when the Predator ship crashes (and ruins his shot)  He wakes up (the crash explosion knocks him out) finds the predator and predator tech alone.  He goes looking for his team and finds they are all killed (by other predators it seems). And the CIA/Army comes in a helicopter and he hides (He overhears them talking - basically they know about predators (and them hunting humans) and are there to stop take predators out).   McKenna runs away, sends the helmet and weapon/tech button back home.  He tries to report what happened, is thought crazy and then arrested. (the script summary specifically says that when black op military people go crazy, they get jailed because they can't be in society)  So he is sent to jail with other crazy military people. 

- The little kid is a genius who knows 4 languages and is bullied.  (no mention of autism in this version)  His mother is trying to get him hyped up for Halloween by picking a costume.  He's not into it.  He ends up going to open up his dad's box. 

- Casey the scientist is also in the know about Predators.  She's been researching them and found out that Predators have some human DNA in them.   and Predators are now messing with their own DNA to make them stronger and better hunters.  She hears about McKenna's story, then asks for McKenna to be brought to her lab.  Since he was on a transport already, they just bus him and his looney military prison mates at once.  He goes into the lab and is shown the "dead" predator he found.  turns out he was just faking it and breaks out, but not before McKenna makes a break for it along with his prisonmates.  They rescue Casey along the way as the predator kills his way out at the same time.  All headed towards McKenna's home as he sent the Predator tech there.

- Robbie attracts the attention of other predators because he messes with the Predator Tech gear and it interferes with the tech gear of another predators navigational equipment.  Yes he does learn the language of the Predators.

- Robbie ends up wearing the mask and tech as his halloween costume and accidentally blows up someone's house (I think it was the bullys but can't remember)  he is horrified and runs to hide in the baseball dugout of their local park.

- McKenna busts into his ex wife's house looking for his stuff and realizes that Robbie took it.  He and the ex military prisoners and casey run out looking for him.

- They find him at the dug out... then predator dogs approach and corner Robbie  .... They find Robbie and Robbie is saved by the small predator (the one McKenna found)...  then that Predator turns around to find the bigger predator (he was cloaked/invisible) and the small predator protects all the humans (specifically says the predator is protecting the humans)  fighting with the bigger predator.  McKenna and company escape with Robbie. 

That's all the script summary they gave me.  It was a good chunk focused on this kid Robbie and mixed inbetween the action stuff in Mexico.

- More action
- More witty dialogue

[close]
How did you get the opportunity to be surveyed about the script?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacku

Spoiler

- More action
- More witty dialogue

[close]

Spoiler
If these scripts are true then I'm confused on what the main act of this film is. What is the middle, and largest part, of the story dealing with? Is the Mexico stuff at the start and the Robbie stuff at the end? What's the main character doing for the main chunk of the film apart from being captured?
[close]

paperhearts

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Apr 11, 2017, 10:35:29 PM

Spoiler

- More action
- More witty dialogue

[close]
How did you get the opportunity to be surveyed about the script?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$$ sites and it was a random survey that I happened to get.  I actually left out some stuff that I read because I don't want to get in trouble.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Cuba (or Mexico if you prefer) is at the start. Most of the movie takes place in suburban America focusing on Holbrook, Munn and Tremblay's characters along with the soldiers Holbrook hooks up with.

There is a cartel involved in the opening in the Cuba scene I read. I don't recall any mention of a baseball dugout, but who knows. The alleged Mexico setting, a dugout and the claim that the character is no longer autistic are the only changes I see from the script I read or the leaked bullet points which have been out for months.

I'd like to give this claim the benefit of the doubt but I frankly don't buy that there is a 'survey' of the script at all, let alone that that would be used on random sites on the Internet to try and make changes to a film in progress. Further, those exact bullet points have leaked before. And his name is not Robbie (at least it wasn't in the script I read), but it has been listed as such before in past leaks from fans.

Of course that's all very hypocritical coming from me, another rando on the Internet who claims to have read the script. But hey, it is what it is.

paperhearts

paperhearts

Quote from: Jacku on Apr 11, 2017, 10:48:36 PM

Spoiler

- More action
- More witty dialogue

[close]

Spoiler
If these scripts are true then I'm confused on what the main act of this film is. What is the middle, and largest part, of the story dealing with? Is the Mexico stuff at the start and the Robbie stuff at the end? What's the main character doing for the main chunk of the film apart from being captured?
[close]

Spoiler
What I read, it begins with McKenna about snipe in a Mexican jungle. After he finds his dead team mates, it cuts to suburbia with Rory getting bullied.  Then cuts back to McKenna being interviewed and determined crazy.  Then cuts to Casey and her in the lab being introduced to the weaponry and Traeger wanting her help to stop the predator threat and why the hell predators have human DNA.  Cut to suburbs and Rory not wanting the costumes his mom brought and finding his dad's box with the predator gear and the genius quickly figuring out the language. Tinkering with it which brings the other predators attention to him.  Cut to Casey and the lab, the breakout by the ex military prisoners and McKenna who are heading up to get his box.  Cut to trick or treating scene, encountering the predator dogs, two predators, followed by Rory getting kidnapped by Traeger and McKenna wanting to save his son and his loony military friends accompany him to fight the predator and help him.    ....and that's as far as they gave me.

By the way, the survey questionaire and summary calls them loonies.  Which is screwed up and offensive as some of them are suppose to have PTSD and that's why they are messed up.
[close]

I totally understand you don't buy it.  I wouldn't have either until I started doing these surveys for some extra cash..  These surveys are random but the fun ones are about TV shows, trailers for movies, pilots for tv shows and like this one, . 

And yeah it is a cartel.  Who captured two DEA agents. McKenna is   military working to get them back. 

His name is Rory.  Not Robbie.   My mistake. 

Also if you read the script and are keeping some stuff back... maybe these details will help in legitimizing what I got in the survey

Spoiler

- kid's name is Rory (I think I put Robbie because I was reading the first recap and it just stuck in my head)
- the suburban area where Rory and his ex wife is in Georgia
- There are two bullies who chase him into the park where he bumps into an old mans chess game. This is the first sign of Rory being special because he had put the game back together quickly.  Then Rory goes home to find the package from his dad (doesn't say anything about it being for Rory or if it was just sent there)
- The predator Mckenna finds is 8 feet tall and 500 pounds and sharp teeth with exposed mandible.
- Traegar kidnaps Rory when he realizes Rory can understand the predator language.

I want to clarify they specifically call the ex military people loonies who wisecrack.  Thomas Jane, had one question in the survey and  is just a member of their team.  Which is unfortunate because I was hoping for a bigger role. 

Rory has a photographic memory, gets languages and advanced math abilities. They called him a genius in my survey and seemed to make him a big part in taking down the predators. 
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed