"Predator" 2009 Mini-Series

Started by vikingspawn, Mar 10, 2009, 08:01:50 PM

Author
"Predator" 2009 Mini-Series (Read 47,716 times)

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Spoiler
stuff blows up. Maybe some Predators die? Thorpe disappears. One guy goes batshit in a tank. 'sabout it.
[close]

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Yyyeeaah. I think I'll pass on it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jan 27, 2010, 11:48:23 PM
Manages to leave you with even less closure than the Aliens series.

Aliens had closure for Sereda's story. And Aliens was all about Sereda. It just left a bigger mystery for future issues.

Wont be able to get Issue 4 today. Delivery isn't in yet and he'll be closed by the time I finish. Looks like I'll get it tomorrow.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Read it last night, it was pretty "meh". Some of the action was neat, the final couple pages made no goddamn sense and left nothing resolved. I had trouble determining which "side" some of the Predators were on based on the art (and I'd totally forgotten which side I was even supposed to root for, or if I was supposed to hate them equally or something), all in all I really wasn't impressed. I think I'd have liked the series more if it had been a few issues longer to really flesh out what was going on and why I should give a shit.

XenoVC

XenoVC

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jan 28, 2010, 01:26:17 AM
Spoiler
stuff blows up. Maybe some Predators die? Thorpe disappears. One guy goes batshit in a tank. 'sabout it.
[close]

D:

So,it's dragged on for this long and gotten nowhere?

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Pretty much.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I think the best part is
Spoiler
for an issue that shows a Predator ripping another Predator's head off with his bare hands while being targeted by numerous Predator laser-sights on the cover, there is absolutely no Predator on Predator combat in the entire issue.
[close]

I posted my sentiments to the Dark Horse Comics group on Facebook, and whoever runs it actually responded:

QuoteIt was a shame to only see it go four issues, but we've got more plans for the property, so stay tuned!

Take from that what you will, I guess.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Xenomrph

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Try the link on the front page. I cant copy the link, am on my Hero.

Corporal Hicks

magical_boy

magical_boy

any idea when the TPB will come out?

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

Quote from: magical_boy on Feb 10, 2010, 07:16:29 PM
any idea when the TPB will come out?

Amazon lists it as May 26th.

Eternal_1

Eternal_1

Not a bad storyline, sorta confuseing tho. The predator art was odd, but not bad. I say its worth reading.

huntin8-t0n

huntin8-t0n

Well, I think it's very disappointing. The story itself... well doesn't exist. The characters are kinda boring and poorly made. The style itself is really good though, but sometimes the 'normal' predator looks too bulky. There is no real conclusion/ ending. Which wouldn't be a problem if the story so far had been made up to be interesting. But like this I don't really care what happened to Thorpe. By the way I think the normal pred simply died. And I don't see how the whole story is attached to avp: 3ww. Okay, they did show there's a different clan and they struggle with the normal preds. But that's all?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed