The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,644 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Cvalda is going to watch it. Then she's going to hate it. Then we're all going to cry a little inside. Then we'll move on.

It can be no other way.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 04, 2014, 02:20:36 PM
Cvalda is going to watch it. Then she's going to hate it. Then we're all going to cry a little inside. Then we'll move on.

It can be no other way.
Cvalda's opinion isn't the law.  :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

I was exaggerating. :P

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: MudButt on Mar 04, 2014, 03:26:13 AM
after years of wanting to watch this I eventually decided to buy the 1st season and after watching the 1st two episodes I decided to finish the entire series in like a week.

luv dis shit.

My nigga. ;D

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 04, 2014, 02:20:36 PM

It can be no other way.

Pretty much. :P

Shasvre

Shasvre

Titles for the first four episodes of Season 4.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=95552

Spoiler
QuoteSeason 4, Episode 1: Two Swords.
Running time: 58 minutes

In the books, the Lannisters add one final insult to the late Ned Stark when they melt down his sword "Ice" and forge two new ones for Jamie and Joffrey. It's likely this ep focuses on the very different man Jamie has become, especially in contrast to his psychotic nephew son.

Season 4, Episode 2: The Lion and the Rose.
Running time: 52 minutes

The lion is the symbol of house Lannister, the rose house Tyrell - so we can assume this is the episode in which Joffrey and Margery tie the knot. Their nuptials have been dubbed "the purple wedding" by fans, but you'll have to watch events unfold to find out why!

Season 4, Episode 3: Breaker of Chains.
Running time: 56 minutes

"Breaker Of Chains" is yet another moniker for Daenerys Targaryen, so we can assume this ep will be focused on her. What she'll be doing is debatable, as Dany and her pals are some of the characters that most liberties seem to have been taken with in season 4, due to the fact that they're actually not featured that much in the books at this point.

Season 4, Episode 4: Oathkeeper.
Running time: 54 minutes

Back to those swords again. Joffrey names his "Widow Maker" (the little shit) while Jamie names his, you guessed it, "Oathkeeper". In the books he actually gives the sword to Brienne and instructs her to keep her word to Caitlen Stark by seeking out and protecting her remaining children.
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 05, 2014, 02:27:50 PM
Titles for the first four episodes of Season 4.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=95552

Spoiler
QuoteSeason 4, Episode 1: Two Swords.
Running time: 58 minutes

In the books, the Lannisters add one final insult to the late Ned Stark when they melt down his sword "Ice" and forge two new ones for Jamie and Joffrey. It's likely this ep focuses on the very different man Jamie has become, especially in contrast to his psychotic nephew son.

Season 4, Episode 2: The Lion and the Rose.
Running time: 52 minutes

The lion is the symbol of house Lannister, the rose house Tyrell - so we can assume this is the episode in which Joffrey and Margery tie the knot. Their nuptials have been dubbed "the purple wedding" by fans, but you'll have to watch events unfold to find out why!

Season 4, Episode 3: Breaker of Chains.
Running time: 56 minutes

"Breaker Of Chains" is yet another moniker for Daenerys Targaryen, so we can assume this ep will be focused on her. What she'll be doing is debatable, as Dany and her pals are some of the characters that most liberties seem to have been taken with in season 4, due to the fact that they're actually not featured that much in the books at this point.

Season 4, Episode 4: Oathkeeper.
Running time: 54 minutes

Back to those swords again. Joffrey names his "Widow Maker" (the little shit) while Jamie names his, you guessed it, "Oathkeeper". In the books he actually gives the sword to Brienne and instructs her to keep her word to Caitlen Stark by seeking out and protecting her remaining children.
[close]

Quite looking forward to The Lion and the Rose...
This series also looks like it may be quite Jaime-heavy so far. No complaints there.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote7,000 Game of Thrones fans will see the Season 4 premiere at Barclays Center on March 20

HBO has just announced "The Epic Fan Experience", a Season 4 premiere screening event to be held March 20th in Brooklyn. 7,000 fans will be treated to the premiere episode, costumes and props from the exhibition, Iron Throne photo ops, and the promise of more special surprises. So get ready, because going on sale for $15 this Thursday, the tickets are sure to sell out fast. Here are the full details:
http://winteriscoming.net/2014/03/7000-game-of-thrones-fans-will-see-the-season-4-premiere-at-barclays-center-on-march-20/

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Rewatching Season 3 at the moment.

Goddamn, I love Michael McElhatton as Roose. Such an understated, non-domineering presence, but whenever he shows up or says anything it commands attention. But again, not through force. It's... hard to describe. Up there with Charles Dance for his screen presence on the show, I'd say.

Never say no to Panda!

Never say no to Panda!

I love both...Tywin should sit on the Iron Throne, Roose become King of the North, Tyrion command the Night's Watch and leave everything beyond the wall to Ramsay  :laugh:

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 06, 2014, 06:16:17 AM

Goddamn, I love Michael McElhatton as Roose. Such an understated, non-domineering presence, but whenever he shows up or says anything it commands attention. But again, not through force. It's... hard to describe. Up there with Charles Dance for his screen presence on the show, I'd say.

Aye I really liked his character before certain events took place. He became one of my favorites from Season Three. Also he looks like Daniel Craig's long lost brother.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 06, 2014, 01:32:39 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on Mar 06, 2014, 06:16:17 AM

Aye I really liked his character before certain events took place. He became one of my favorites from Season Three. Also he looks like Daniel Craig's long lost brother.

He got the nickname James Bond Bolton over at WIC. :laugh:

Spoiler
You don't like him after the RW?
[close]

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 06, 2014, 02:35:10 PM
Spoiler
[close]

I...can't. Not after that. :'(

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 06, 2014, 04:58:56 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler

Spoiler
Well, not really. But the only death that really hit me was Oona's character.
[close]
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 06, 2014, 05:01:16 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Mar 06, 2014, 04:58:56 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler

Spoiler
Well, not really. But the only death that really hit me was Oona's character.
[close]
[close]

When it's not the children being eaten...Shasvre pls.

RE: Roose...'up there with Charles Dance'? lolnope.
But he does have a certain gripping presence I agree. The actor portraying him is great but I currently despise the character for offing my favourite one. He is the in the same 'class' of villainy as Tywin though; in it for personal gain and necessity, still capable of respect and courtesy instead of stupid, short-sighted evil like Ramsay or Joffrey.
I can't wait for scenes with both Roose and Ramsay together too.

Spoiler
In the long term though, Roose is a dead man walking I.M.O. The north remembers. Almost all the northern lords lost sons at his hand or those of his banner men. If the rest of the north doesn't kill him, John or Stannis will.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Xenodog on Mar 06, 2014, 05:52:45 PMWhen it's not the children being eaten...Shasvre pls.

Hey, I liked Robb, but he did kind of have it coming. Maybe not in the way that he deserved it, but just like his father, he made one idiotic mistake after another. Like Bolton said.

"The high road is pretty, but you'll have a hard time marching your army down it."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed