The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,668 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoiler
Somebody brought up a good point though........Bran should know who Benjen is.  I always thought he was a converted Wight, but unless he went through the same process as Lady Stoneheart where there is massive physical deformity I don't really see how he can not know who his uncle is.  New popular theory is that hes the traitor to the Nights Watch the Night King.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 28, 2014, 05:13:07 PM
Spoiler
Somebody brought up a good point though........Bran should know who Benjen is.  I always thought he was a converted Wight, but unless he went through the same process as Lady Stoneheart where there is massive physical deformity I don't really see how he can not know who his uncle is.  New popular theory is that hes the traitor to the Nights Watch the Night King.
[close]

Spoiler
I'm only a little over halfway through A Dance With Dragons, but doesn't Coldhands always have his hood up? I wouldn't find it too hard to believe that Bran wouldn't recognize him if he is indeed Benjen.
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoiler
As far as I can remember.  If he was resurrected much the same way as Caitlyn then there is the possibility that physical deformation from the process could make him unrecognizable.  As well as Bran being young and then in a coma after Benjen left Winterfell for his last ranging.  Which was like two years before the latest book.  The later dialogue kind of supports him being somebody much older though nothing is conclusive.
[close]

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Spoilers. Spoilers everywhere.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jan 28, 2014, 05:19:29 PM
Spoiler
As far as I can remember.  If he was resurrected much the same way as Caitlyn then there is the possibility that physical deformation from the process could make him unrecognizable.  As well as Bran being young and then in a coma after Benjen left Winterfell for his last ranging.  Which was like two years before the latest book.  The later dialogue kind of supports him being somebody much older though nothing is conclusive.
[close]

Spoiler
Could be the exact opposite of the Stoneheart situation as well. The "Ice" to Stoneheart's "Fire", if you will.

By later dialogue do you mean the stuff the
Spoiler
Children of the Forest
[close]
were talking about, or something later in the book. Either way, I'm dying to finish the book. Damn you schoolwork for severely cutting into my reading time :P
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoiler
Yeah the children of the forest have some dialogue concerning coldhands. Many people also believe his mastery of magic is because he is somebody much older than the current almost magicless generation........but I always just gave it up to him being resurrected under somebody else's magic.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
Both options are very interesting theories. Whatever the case may be, he is one of the characters I am most interested in following and seeing brought to life on screen.

Speaking of the Children of the Forest, it's implied that the little old prophet woman that popped up in a few of the Arya chapters in A Storm of Swords is one of them, right? I seem to remember a bit of dialogue in A Dance With Dragons supporting that.
[close]

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Spoiler
Honestly I don't remember much about that dialogue.  I think North of the Wall and then East of Westeros magic hasn't been lost like it has in Westeros and many more people practice it more frequently.  Like the Warlocks and the faceless men.  But other than remembering Arya talked to an old woman..........I can't remember the exact nature of the dialogue so you could be and probably are %100 percent correct.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

The review for the Season 3 Blu-Ray is up over at Blu-Ray.com.

First Blood

First Blood

And it's perfect. No surprise there.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Commentary track with Jack Gleeson and Natalie Dormer should be gold. 8)

Xenodog

Xenodog

Shasvre

Shasvre

Daario Naharis is looking much better this season.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Ah, my eyes have feasted.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I can't get over how perfectly they cast the Martells.

My brother and I were saying that Eric Bana would be perfect as the Viper, and they went ahead and cast a man who looks a lot like Eric Bana. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed