The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,559 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Within the first 15 minutes of the pilot you have mysterious zombie/ghosts ... a beheading ... dire wolf pups ... political intrigue ... rich, interesting back story, and character introductions who's motivations are being set up like fuses being lit for later confrontations.

I you sure someone isn't tricking you into thinking you are really watching Game of Thrones but in reality you've been watching Cake Boss or Pawn Stars?

I'm seriously not trying to get your goat. I find it fascinating that you can be HERE in these forums and find nothing redeeming about this series. I would love it if you could articulate why you don't like it.

Unless you're trolling ... in which case the the next few posts between us will be quite entertaining I'm sure.  ;D

Ruadh

Ruadh

Don't forget the instantly charismatic dwarf.

I've never seen Pawn Stars, but I imagine any dwarf on that show takes much longer to like.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

..dont feed the troll, people.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

There is a difference between feeding a possible troll and nursing a malnourished uninformed potential fan into clarity.

Otherwise ... consider it fattening him up for the kill.  ;)

m41guy

m41guy

I'm on book 4 now and i admit the first few chapters have been kinda....tough to get into...though I think I'm still realing from
Spoiler
from the red wedding  :'( :'(I admit I had to put the book down after re reading it a few times.  I didn't even realize what was happening right away either.  I remembered some of the forshadowing, especially Dany's vision in the Hall of the Dead(afterwards) but...man it still strikes a chord lol.  I know it's still going to hurt seeing it on TV.  I could see that being the "cliffhanger ending" for seaon 3 
[close]

But still loving the series and I can't wait for season 3 to start!!

Shasvre

Shasvre

Ciarán Hinds is playing Mance Ryder. :-\

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=65882

I don't know. He's a good actor and all, but I don't think he's right for this role.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I can actually see it. He'll have to be gruffed up a bit in the makeup department, for sure, but I think he'll work.

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Laufey on Aug 17, 2012, 04:45:58 PM
Ciarán Hinds is playing Mance Ryder. :-\

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=65882

I don't know. He's a good actor and all, but I don't think he's right for this role.

I agree Laufey, good actor but I'm not sure myself. After reading the books I personally didn't imagine Mance as being anything like Hinds. Sure Poeple will imagine appearance of characters differently but this seems odd casting to me. He's a good actor and I'm sure he'll do a good job as Mance just not sure how much like the book version he'll end up being. Just keep imagining Hinds in Rome but being Mance.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I always imagined Mance as more of a Strider type.

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Laufey on Aug 17, 2012, 06:42:00 PM
I always imagined Mance as more of a Strider type.

Yeah exactly!

Hinds just looks so.....unathletic.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Mance was also pretty charming from what I can remember. I've never seen Hinds in anything where I would describe him as charming.

Aspie

Aspie

Game of Thrones is beyond boring :p

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Laufey on Aug 17, 2012, 06:54:51 PM
Mance was also pretty charming from what I can remember. I've never seen Hinds in anything where I would describe him as charming.

I'm kinda expecting a similar performance to that he did in Rome as Caesar

EDIT: @Aspie: Please go troll elsewhere, thank you.

Aspie

Aspie

I'm not trolling. I'm just saying the hype for this show is... unwarranted.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Aspie on Aug 17, 2012, 06:56:34 PM
Game of Thrones is beyond boring :p

Why do you do this to me Aspie?

WHY?!

*cries*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed