The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 464,709 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

So I try to get my wife to watch Game of Thrones.

Brief back ground: Before I met her, she already loved movies like The Godfather, Star Wars, The Matrix, and the LOTR trilogy. But she has this stubborn streak where it's almost as if she has to 'discover something on her own' to be able to fully embrace it. Making any recommendations almost pointless.

If anything was going to break her of this it was going to be this series.

Two episodes in ... and I quote:

"It's a soap opera but they wear furs."
"Too many characters and not one of them is a main hero or protagonist."
"Bean will be dead by the end of this season, because he's too big a star to get involved in an on going series."
"Dany is going to have at least one dragon and be pregnant before this is over."
"The short guy is a riot."
"Every time you turn around there is someone having sex."

I'm good with everyone having their own opinion and what not. But the salt in the wound is when she says "I have my brain on all day and the last thing I want to do is have to pay attention to some complex story. I want to watch something light and fluffy where I don't have to think."

:'( :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Apr 12, 2012, 03:15:03 PM"I want to watch something light and fluffy where I don't have to think."

:'( :laugh:
Make her watch My Little Pony.

Spoiler
[close]

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Spoiler
The BEST Pony Parody I've EVAH seen!

We tease about Twilight fans and readers and watchers of of the books and films. Tween girls with almost no social interaction and creepy middle aged women who have no outlet in life.

Then I catch her watching Twilight!  :(
[close]

Maybe she'll watch the other episodes on her own and she'll start to come around.  :-\

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Anybody else who has read the books hoping that Hot Pie screams "HOT PIE!" during the scene when
Spoiler
The Goldcloaks attack Yoren's merry band of Night's Watch recruits
[close]
?

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Stannis Baratheon on Apr 15, 2012, 01:24:42 AM
Anybody else who has read the books hoping that Hot Pie screams "HOT PIE!" during the scene when
Spoiler
The Goldcloaks attack Yoren's merry band of Night's Watch recruits
[close]
?

Yeah. :laugh:

Also...

Spoiler
It's gonna be sad to see Yoren go. I quite liked him. :'(
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

Anyone catch on to who GreatJon Umber is in relation to our Alien series? Respect to whomever can guess WITHOUT an internet search :P

Shasvre

Shasvre

Without looking, I'm gonna guess... 85?

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Laufey on Apr 15, 2012, 09:01:25 PM
Without looking, I'm gonna guess... 85?
Nope, though he was excellent in Withnail & I and Wayne's World 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_7kg5ZzDZo#

Shasvre

Shasvre

Holy shit, he also filmed a few scenes as Nuclear Man in Superman IV before being recast. :D

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Laufey on Apr 15, 2012, 09:04:51 PM
Holy shit, he also filmed a few scenes as Nuclear Man in Superman IV before being recast. :D

Ralph Brown tried out for Nuclear Man?? Dear lord. :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

No, I meant the guy who plays Greatjon Umber. :)

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Without looking ... gosh I dunno. Someone British or at least from Europe. Someone from Alien 3 to connect with Clemons / Charles Dance. That would be neato.  ;D

First Blood

First Blood

Just checked and woah -- he's completely unrecognizable at that time.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

So I only just got into this show about a month ago. I missed it the first time around but my housemate got Season 1 and I absolutely fell in love with it. Cracking, cracking show. Loving Season 2 far as well and I've started reading the first book.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

I've actually just re-watched Alien 3 for the first time since the Blu-Ray collection was released - forgot how young Charles Dance looks compared to him in Game of Thrones! What a damn great actor! :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed