Alien: Romulus Star Says It's a 'Very, Very, Very Different' Film for the Franchise

Started by Darkoo, Feb 28, 2024, 02:29:12 PM

Author
Alien: Romulus Star Says It's a 'Very, Very, Very Different' Film for the Franchise (Read 6,029 times)

Darkoo

Alien: Romulus Star Says It's a 'Very, Very, Very Different' Film for the Franchise
https://movieweb.com/alien-romulus-very-very-very-different-film-david-jonsson/
QuoteIn an exclusive interview with MovieWeb, Alien: Romulus star David Jonsson teased the "very, very, very different" approach to the Alien saga in this year's prequel/sequel. Jonsson, who recently starred in the new Agatha Christie series Murder Is Easy, will be one of the three leads in Alien: Romulus, and declares that the latest Alien installment will be "an incredible spin" on the franchise.

"I mean, I'm not too sure what I can say just yet, but I know that... I know that it's very, very, very different. I think Alien was slightly before my generation, in terms of its depth and its impact at the time, but you know, we have such an incredible spin on it. And we had Fede Álvarez as our director, Ridley Scott producing it. It was incredible to work with those people, and opposite Cailee Spaeny, who is just a brilliant actress. I think it's going to be cool. I'm very excited."

yuppy

I still can't believe the tv show is happening. One can only imagine what its like but as far as I know it might be arty, abstract or back matter like the Weyland TED talk. Will it try to contain bits of artwork from HR Giger to promote that artistic legacy in the original film?

BigDaddyJohn

Very very very... A la The Predator ? I hope not.

Mike’s Monsters

It's been interesting reading some of these quotes from the cast. It's definitely an ALIEN movie, and felt like it. So don't take these words as it's such a completely different movie that won't match what we've seen before.

Rankles75

Would have been concerned if it was just very, very different, but seeing as it's very, very, very different, my hopes are high.  ;D

Mike’s Monsters

There are definitely some new elements and ideas at play in the movie, which is likely what is being hinted at. But overall, it's definitely an ALIEN movie, also looked and felt that way too.

yuppy

Maybe the film is a retelling of Raised by Wolves?

XENOMORPHOSIS

Hope the approach very different in a good way, that the fundamentals of the lore are maintained but they try experiment with compatible subgengre giving a new twist, an occasional new tone that serves as a compelling edition to the string of pearls that is the Alien saga.

yuppy

I'm just hoping to see a back burster and something coming out of a mouth. nods to covenant.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 28, 2024, 05:42:50 PMIt's been interesting reading some of these quotes from the cast. It's definitely an ALIEN movie, and felt like it. So don't take these words as it's such a completely different movie that won't match what we've seen before.

I'm guessing you know what is Jansson specifically referring to right ?

solace97

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 28, 2024, 06:21:12 PMThere are definitely some new elements and ideas at play in the movie, which is likely what is being hinted at. But overall, it's definitely an ALIEN movie, also looked and felt that way too.

Is there any outlandish shit like David being the alien creator and kissing himself or Ripley 8 type stuff. Or did they at least try and not get too out there

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Feb 28, 2024, 08:04:10 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 28, 2024, 05:42:50 PMIt's been interesting reading some of these quotes from the cast. It's definitely an ALIEN movie, and felt like it. So don't take these words as it's such a completely different movie that won't match what we've seen before.

I'm guessing you know what is Jansson specifically referring to right ?

Yes. He's likely talking about something very specific that happens during the film. I'm very curious about what people will think about it. There's a lot I'll be stoked to circle back to when it's out to discuss. This movie will get the fans talking for sure.

BigDaddyJohn

I'll definitely be there for that.  ;)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: solace97 on Feb 28, 2024, 08:07:32 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 28, 2024, 06:21:12 PMThere are definitely some new elements and ideas at play in the movie, which is likely what is being hinted at. But overall, it's definitely an ALIEN movie, also looked and felt that way too.

Is there any outlandish shit like David being the alien creator and kissing himself or Ripley 8 type stuff. Or did they at least try and not get too out there

Not that I'd expect anything quite like what you listed off here in Romulus, but those "too out there" elements are some of the more interesting highlights of the latter Alien films, imo.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: solace97 on Feb 28, 2024, 08:07:32 PM

My NDA cannot confirm, nor deny any outlandish stuff.

Now though... the Xenomorph doing Fortnite dances was a little outlandish to me. But it's clear they want those younger audiences to put their butts in those seats. It totally makes sense why they made it a younger cast now.

(Please be able to read my sarcasm in that)

Ripley 8 stuff is awesome though. Best part of A:R!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed