Engineers and Black Goo?

Started by aliens13, Feb 14, 2024, 12:32:21 AM

Author
Engineers and Black Goo? (Read 5,565 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 15, 2024, 04:14:20 PMSo no elephant man again!

>:( 👉👈

There can only be #DavidJockey.

razeak

razeak

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Mar 14, 2024, 10:18:26 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Mar 14, 2024, 10:13:39 PMThe movie will probably embrace the David creator angle with Rook being one of his worshippers. 🤌
If anything, it's the opposite.

The reverse engineering of the Xenomorph leading to black goo, shows that David never really created the Xeno, since the black goo would always lead to the Xenomorph.

David is just a fraud creator too deluded by his own bullshit narcissism to think he had an actual hand in it.
Only if the above quote is how it turns out. Otherwise, I'll be fine if I never see a movie with a plot device like this again.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Amen to that.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

So I can stay my personal head-canon

👀👉👈

Scott Conover

thexenomorph

thexenomorph

I want both Engineers and Space Jockeys. The Space Jockeys should be the ultimate creator - and destroyer. Their presence on screen should scare viewers.

Scott Conover

Scott Conover

Quote from: thexenomorph on Mar 20, 2024, 12:02:56 AMI want both Engineers and Space Jockeys. The Spave Jockeys should be the ultimate creator - and destroyer. Their presence on screen should scare viewers.

Well since the engineers got the goo FROM the xenos now, I think that certainly adds credence to the Space Jockey not being a dude who's been chilling in a space suit for a couple years.

Redcloud21

Redcloud21

Hello Everyone...I'm new....been a fan since the 90's.....I'm going to say YES...It ties with what Ridley Scott help started in Alien (1979) And with Prometheus(2012)

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

I was watching Dune and thought, those Harkonnen armor and outfits looked like Giger's designs and the Engineers, and then I learned Giger worked on a Dune Attempt, and some of his designs featured in the film!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 22, 2024, 02:26:15 AMI was watching Dune and thought, those Harkonnen armor and outfits looked like Giger's designs and the Engineers, and then I learned Giger worked on a Dune Attempt, and some of his designs featured in the film!

Lots of fun connection points between Alien/Prometheus and various iterations of Dune.

Denis Villeneuve's first Dune seems to have mined a bit from H.R. Giger's art for the Harkonnen castle in Alejandro Jodorowsky's ill-fated Dune movie, which also served as the basis for the Engineer temple in Prometheus.

And as for the Harkonnens/Engineers themselves... in Prometheus, Elvis was actually one of the design touchpoints/inspirations for for the film's Engineers (alongside the Statue of Liberty and Michelangelo's David statue).

Full circle, eh?

Also a fun little anecdote, Giger's Harkonnen castle got some play in this cute Japanese ad:

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 24, 2024, 06:20:07 PM
Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 22, 2024, 02:26:15 AMI was watching Dune and thought, those Harkonnen armor and outfits looked like Giger's designs and the Engineers, and then I learned Giger worked on a Dune Attempt, and some of his designs featured in the film!

Lots of fun connection points between Alien/Prometheus and various iterations of Dune.

Denis Villeneuve's first Dune seems to have mined a bit from H.R. Giger's art for the Harkonnen castle in Alejandro Jodorowsky's ill-fated Dune movie, which also served as the basis for the Engineer temple in Prometheus.

And as for the Harkonnens/Engineers themselves... in Prometheus, Elvis was actually one of the design touchpoints/inspirations for for the film's Engineers (alongside the Statue of Liberty and Michelangelo's David statue).

Full circle, eh?

Also a fun little anecdote, Giger's Harkonnen castle got some play in this cute Japanese ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rz60g0Qs40

Yeah, I've noticed a lot of homages in Dune Part two, and I remembered that Prometheus did that, too. You also reminded me that Ian White had an excellent costume and makeup.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: E. Shaw on Mar 22, 2024, 02:26:15 AMI learned Giger worked on a Dune Attempt, and some of his designs featured in the film!

Giger actually worked on two Dune attempts. Jodorowsky and Ridley Scott's versions.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I still maintain, I don't think Giger's sandworm design is quite right for Dune, but I do think it'd be perfect as something that David cooked up...

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I might have stolen it several times.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Mar 24, 2024, 06:57:26 PMI might have stolen it several times.

https://i.gyazo.com/14970058c7d05cae5e060234f1b1983a.png

Really dig that, both the integration of the worm itself and the art on the whole. Cool work!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed