Isabela Merced talks "disgusting" scene

Started by PortugueseXeno, Feb 12, 2024, 11:22:01 PM

Author
Isabela Merced talks "disgusting" scene (Read 11,770 times)

PortugueseXeno

PortugueseXeno

Sigh, guess i'll just wait for Dune Part 2 (my second most anticipated movie of the year) to release and potentially get an Alien trailer at the theaters.

Why, you ask?

Because i'm coping that they will try to sell and hype this movie with a mature sci-fi audience.

Merced is also starring alongside Cailee Spaeny in Fede Álvarez's upcoming Alien: Romulus, which takes place between Ridley Scott's Alien (1979) and James Cameron's Aliens (1986). During a recent round of reshoots, Merced and some nearby cast/crew got to watch a significant chunk of the film on Álvarez's iPad, and one scene in particular prompted everyone but Merced to look away in horror.

"There's a scene that I'm in, and they all had to turn away. Not one person stayed looking at that iPad because it was so disgusting," Merced reveals. "And I was watching it like this ... (Merced pretends to hold an iPad with a mesmerized look on her face.) I was so excited."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/madame-web-star-isabela-merced-1235822831/

Nightmare Asylum

"Disgusting." 8)

Local Trouble

If Romulus is actually good, I will authorize Alvarez to make a sequel to Alien 3 that disregards the one directed by that French guy.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 12, 2024, 11:22:01 PM"There's a scene that I'm in, and they all had to turn away. Not one person stayed looking at that iPad because it was so disgusting," Merced reveals. "And I was watching it like this ... (Merced pretends to hold an iPad with a mesmerized look on her face.) I was so excited."

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/madame-web-star-isabela-merced-1235822831/

Yay body horror 8)

MudButt

Quote from: PortugueseXeno on Feb 12, 2024, 11:22:01 PMSigh, guess i'll just wait for Dune Part 2 (my second most anticipated movie of the year) to release and potentially get an Alien trailer at the theaters.

Why, you ask?

Because i'm coping that they will try to sell and hype this movie with a mature sci-fi audience.

Merced is also starring alongside Cailee Spaeny in Fede Álvarez's upcoming Alien: Romulus, which takes place between Ridley Scott's Alien (1979) and James Cameron's Aliens (1986). During a recent round of reshoots, Merced and some nearby cast/crew got to watch a significant chunk of the film on Álvarez's iPad, and one scene in particular prompted everyone but Merced to look away in horror.

"There's a scene that I'm in, and they all had to turn away. Not one person stayed looking at that iPad because it was so disgusting," Merced reveals. "And I was watching it like this ... (Merced pretends to hold an iPad with a mesmerized look on her face.) I was so excited."

Love this quote. Disgusting is the kinda words I want to hear when describing this movie  8)

Darkoo

Big Chap is back and angrier than ever.

And a recent round of reshoot finally is confirmed.

Mike’s Monsters

I'm curious to what is being changed and or added from the reshoots.

SiL

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 13, 2024, 05:30:40 AMI'm curious to what is being changed and or added from the reshoots.
Possibly nothing, just pickups and inserts to help the edit along.

Mike’s Monsters

Or it could be something if they got some notes. Could go either way.

Local Trouble

They might have been inspired by this thread to make some changes.

Prez

Quote from: Local Trouble on Feb 13, 2024, 05:49:49 AMThey might have been inspired by this thread to make some changes.

Romulus end credits ...

Written by:
Fede Alvarez
Rodo Sayagues
Nightmare Asylum

MudButt

Maybe they liked my I Know What You Did Last Summer idea  8)

SiL

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 13, 2024, 05:34:26 AMOr it could be something if they got some notes. Could go either way.
Sure, reshoots can always be literally anything between "getting some extra material to help the edit flow better" to "rewriting the whole film", we'll have to wait and see. It doesn't seem like these were unscheduled.

Mike’s Monsters

I know there's a cut out there as well. So I'm curious if it had notes. Literally could mean anything, yes. Not sure why you're being argumentative about my curiosity. Changes could be minor or massive.

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Feb 13, 2024, 07:22:02 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Feb 13, 2024, 05:34:26 AMOr it could be something if they got some notes. Could go either way.
Sure, reshoots can always be literally anything between "getting some extra material to help the edit flow better" to "rewriting the whole film", we'll have to wait and see. It doesn't seem like these were unscheduled.

They might even be inserting a shot of a random egg in there that will generate decades of heated debate.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed