Started by ALIEN 101, Feb 03, 2009, 02:05:04 PM

Is Primal Hunt good?

Yes, extremely
Yes
It's ok
Not good
CRAP!!!
Author
Is Primal Hunt Worth Getting? (Read 1,575 times)

ALIEN 101

ALIEN 101

What do you think???    ;D

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I f**king enjoyed the hell out of it, despite it being short as hell for each character, but it was still fun as hell.

ALIEN 101

ALIEN 101

would u say its as good as the proper avp2 game?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Not as proper, but I got a lot out of it because I love the story and Primal Hunt just shows everything that happened beforehand, I love the bits of info you collect from before and during the "incident" that happened before the marines were sent in. Primal Hunt just satisfied me with learning about just exactly what happened. Even though it's only 3 levels for each character, it's still fun...hell I got both the AvP2 game and Primal hunt in the gold edition for just 10 bucks.

ALIEN 101

ALIEN 101

lol i see primal hunt on its own fo 20 bucks in sum places
i'm lookin forward to the new aliens colonial marines and rpg games though

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I as well...well if you are interested in the story of the game then Primal Hunt should be worth it.

ALIEN 101

ALIEN 101

well i definetely luv avp2
what are you in the new rpg they're makin? marines or aliens?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Haven't been following that game for a while now, but I say aliens

Private Hudson

It's ok, I can't say I liked the monsters in the Human and Predator levels, but the Predalien levels were pretty good.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Its average.  The gameplay isn't as good, story isn't as good, setting isn't as good (for much of the game your playing through a "repainted" pod location.  While technically different, its the same design schemes used in the original game.

The new weapons are kinda lame. 

The last predalien level is good, the predator missions are okay, and the human missions once you get inside the pods are okay.

Private Hudson

Didn't they just retexture the meshes from AvP2 and port them over to Primal Hunt?

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Yeppers.

The pred stuff is the only thing that looks new.  And it was used, lamely.

Whats the point of being on a pred ship if you never get to interact with anything as the pred?

That whole sequence is like playing a 2-d shooter where all you do is open doors and fight stuff.  It didn't feel like a working, enviroment.

Thats one of the reasons I loved the original game, because despite its comic book graphics, everything felt like a fluid, lived in, enviroment.  The pred levels just feel there.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed