What we know about Multiplayer...?

Started by afrocat, Feb 14, 2010, 11:50:57 PM

Author
What we know about Multiplayer...? (Read 15,445 times)

FearPeteySodes

Quote from: Corporal Lewis Hicks on Feb 18, 2010, 06:37:50 PM
To tell you the truth I do not care if we get to play as Xenos Its a game about playing as a marine. A good Mp Game mode would be Survival mode with A.i controlled Aliens. Build you're Defence Set up sentry guns, block the doors get your mates in postion and fight till the death.

My thoughts exactly.

Quote from: VEF214 on Feb 19, 2010, 08:34:26 PM
Quote from: peanut8 on Feb 18, 2010, 05:24:15 AM
I myself don't want to see any multiplayer for A:CM besides co-op.

Are you serious?

I wouldn't say i don't want to see a competitive multiplayer mode but i also wouldn't be sad if it was excluded.  If this is the case i would expect a top notch story mode with co-op options.

peanut8

peanut8

Quote from: VEF214 on Feb 19, 2010, 08:34:26 PM
Are you serious?

Not so sure, now that I think about it. As long as they put all the love, effort, and dedication into the singleplayer that is required, I'll welcome a multiplayer mode to keep on playing the game long after I beat the singleplayer several times over.

xboxgamer4life

for all we know gearbox finished this game 6 months ago but sega wouldnt let them release. they could have been told by sega that A CM would come out in mid 2010-early 2011. so gearbox could have decided to put in competitive multiplayer. that would easily be enough time to put together a mutiplayer mode or 2

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

According to dev twitters they are still working on level design, squad A.I. , pathfinding, conceptual designs, previz and the score. Doesn't mean they don't have some guys working on an adversarial mode or other things, just that no single element of the game is likely to be complete yet.

Chris!(($$))!

I just really hope by the time of one of the more popular gaming conventions A:CM will be ready to be shown off.

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Corporal Lewis Hicks

Quote from: Chris!(($$))! on Feb 21, 2010, 03:29:05 AM
I just really hope by the time of one of the more popular gaming conventions A:CM will be ready to be shown off.

E3 10? I mean C'mon Sega have to show it then I am sick to death of crappy sonic games (franchise is dieing) now AvP is out they could start marketing A:Cm even go as far as bringing aliens crucible back to life.

Chris!(($$))!

I agree. There really is no reason why they would not show off A:CM at E3 other than it not being ready yet but in 5 months time I am sure it will be ready to show off. I mean really why wouldn't they?

xboxgamer4life

Quote from: Sh0dan on Feb 20, 2010, 06:47:52 PM
According to dev twitters they are still working on level design, squad A.I. , pathfinding, conceptual designs, previz and the score. Doesn't mean they don't have some guys working on an adversarial mode or other things, just that no single element of the game is likely to be complete yet.
how long ago did the developers say that.

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

Very recently, latest was last week. I wouldn't have posted it otherwise. :)

Its all common knowledge among those of us who follow the threads on GBX forums.

Chris!(($$))!

Shodan, do you think we will see something at E3?

Sh0dan

Sh0dan

Not if Rebs AvP3 is still in the limelight.

The sooner that game goes away. The sooner we are likely to see something on ACM.

Chris!(($$))!

Well it is about 5 months from now. I don't think Rebellion will have much DLC to offer within that time anyways.

tutut125

personally i would LOVE to see the lifecycle if u are a xeno that u start as a facehugga then chestburster then the big thing......

Quote from: Spoon on Feb 15, 2010, 12:46:15 AM
I really hope they don't let us be the aliens.  Just concentrate on humans and make the gameplay as immerse and realistic as possible. 

i agree, i don't think they will let people play as aliens online,
also I kind of think ACM online will be very similar to Borderlands online, ie, co-op playing missions, no actual fighting each other, unless they put in a duel element, but what's the point, there is already hundreds of human vs human FPS multiplayer games, and the duel element works in borderlands because of the variety of weapons and player classes, in a game where everone is a marine with a M41A, it'll just be a case of who sees who first, and who has the better aim.

Magneto

Magneto

Quote from: FearPeteySodes on Feb 19, 2010, 08:46:52 PM
Quote from: Corporal Lewis Hicks on Feb 18, 2010, 06:37:50 PM
To tell you the truth I do not care if we get to play as Xenos Its a game about playing as a marine. A good Mp Game mode would be Survival mode with A.i controlled Aliens. Build you're Defence Set up sentry guns, block the doors get your mates in postion and fight till the death.

My thoughts exactly.

I'm with you two. A game about Marines should strictly be about Marines. Even on multiplayer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed