Questions for Predators Writer

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 28, 2020, 10:20:13 AM

Author
Questions for Predators Writer (Read 4,601 times)

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jul 30, 2020, 09:26:33 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 30, 2020, 04:45:24 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Jul 30, 2020, 04:29:37 PM
Oh, I see. You've just said it as if it was common knowledge who Alex Toader is.

Sorry. SuperiorIronman knows who he is though, which is whom I was replying to. I think on the Nimród Antal question thread, SI asked the same question, and I mentioned Alex Toader's answer in that thread too. But SI keeps asking, so maybe he really wants it to be the classic Predator's ship and hopes someone will finally say that.   ;)  ;D

I ask because things can be different from conceptualization to how it ends up on film. For the final film it's the Super Predator's but I'd be interested in what the writers intended and how that's different if at all from the final product given it's a bit confusing on film.

Where did this whole "Super Predator" thing some from? It's not in the movie is it? Does Noland call them that when he's talking about the dogs and the wolves thing?

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: SpaceKase on Jul 30, 2020, 10:37:08 PM
Oh, I see. You've just said it as if it was common knowledge who Alex Toader is.

Sorry. SuperiorIronman knows who he is though, which is whom I was replying to. I think on the Nimród Antal question thread, SI asked the same question, and I mentioned Alex Toader's answer in that thread too. But SI keeps asking, so maybe he really wants it to be the classic Predator's ship and hopes someone will finally say that.   ;)  ;D

I ask because things can be different from conceptualization to how it ends up on film. For the final film it's the Super Predator's but I'd be interested in what the writers intended and how that's different if at all from the final product given it's a bit confusing on film.

Where did this whole "Super Predator" thing some from? It's not in the movie is it? Does Noland call them that when he's talking about the dogs and the wolves thing?

Off the top of my head I can't remember if it's in the film or not but merchandise does refer to them as such. It might be a holdover name from earlier scripts which had them genetically modifying themselves.

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jul 30, 2020, 10:41:44 PM

Off the top of my head I can't remember if it's in the film or not but merchandise does refer to them as such. It might be a holdover name from earlier scripts which had them genetically modifying themselves.

But merch doesn't supersede what's actually in the finished film, right?

Also, what merch? NECA? McFarland?

SuperiorIronman

Neca brings it up and I'm guilty of ignoring it in the past but apparently it is supposed to be a canonical source at least as far as Predator is concerned. The Super Predator name is also used in AVP Evolution. 

SpaceKase

SpaceKase

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jul 30, 2020, 11:10:44 PM
Neca brings it up and I'm guilty of ignoring it in the past but apparently it is supposed to be a canonical source at least as far as Predator is concerned. The Super Predator name is also used in AVP Evolution.

Ahhh, okay, so a mobile game and a toy description. Well, I'll definitely take the words of the film writer over either one of those sources if they decide to say differently.  Awesome trailer for the game though, (I just watched it) actually looks pretty cool. That name for the Berserkers though... ::cringe::

Thanks, Supe!

Voodoo Magic

Ah very true. And good point.  :)

The "Super Predator" name was in the Predators script, as well as used by cast and crew during on-set interviews.

And truthfully, they still might be Super Predators in regards to correlating the name Super to upgrading their physiology. Director Nimród Antal neither confirmed nor denied the Super Predators/Beserkers upgrade and prefers to leave it as ambiguous.

Tichinde

Tichinde

Perhaps I treated the supers too harshly. I just rewatched the movie. Firstly, it was not as even as I had thought, the falconer beat Hanzo multiple times but let him get back up for the honor, the other thing that I realized THEY ARE f**kIN BAD BLOODS why would he be uncloaking for a fair fight? Then it hit me, both characters were criminals who died as warriors with honor. I appreciate the scene far more now

Kradan

Kradan

Interesting take. I like it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed