Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,451 times)

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: BerserkerPred on Nov 26, 2010, 05:37:06 AM
dang I wish I could do that...what kind of paint did you use/what colors?

I mostly used shitty student acrylics and just mixed until I got the colours I wanted. I used a fine pen to draw the chest pattern and a thin brush to make the red spots. The head had many many coats. There was a lot of dry brushing and wet washing going on lol

BerserkerPred

oh okay. any particular brand of paint you'd recommend for custom-painting figures?

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: BerserkerPred on Nov 26, 2010, 06:21:35 AM
oh okay. any particular brand of paint you'd recommend for custom-painting figures?

Most people recommend Tamiya paints. I have a few, but honestly I just use my old cheap paints. Im too tight to spend money on a lot of paints so I make do with what I got. I find its all in the brush. Get yourself some good brushes and some really thin and fine ones for the details. Maybe look up painting techniques on youtube as well. Get some of your old toys or just some cheap ones and test techniques on them first. That berserker is my 6th custom i think. Looks better than my first one. Hopefully the ones I do in the future will be even better.

WolfPredator89

The wip pic of the "Fox predator" still a lot to do with this custom...

BerserkerPred

Quote from: Ghostface on Nov 26, 2010, 06:30:50 AM
Quote from: BerserkerPred on Nov 26, 2010, 06:21:35 AM

Most people recommend Tamiya paints. I have a few, but honestly I just use my old cheap paints. Im too tight to spend money on a lot of paints so I make do with what I got. I find its all in the brush. Get yourself some good brushes and some really thin and fine ones for the details. Maybe look up painting techniques on youtube as well. Get some of your old toys or just some cheap ones and test techniques on them first. That berserker is my 6th custom i think. Looks better than my first one. Hopefully the ones I do in the future will be even better.

oh ok thanks alot I'll try that!

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: WolfPredator89 on Nov 26, 2010, 04:34:44 PM

Looking good so far man. Cant wait to see it finished!

ScarPredator14

Quote from: WolfPredator89 on Nov 26, 2010, 04:34:44 PM

i really like this idea and design of the bio helmet  ;D

WolfPredator89

WIP pic of the falcon..

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: WolfPredator89 on Dec 09, 2010, 05:59:13 AM
WIP pic of the falcon..

Looking real good mate! Cant wait to see it finished!

Sabres21768

Yep, that looks fantastic dude!

You need to cast that and sell copies!

WolfPredator89

I am glad you guys liked it... i will try to cast the falcon when it ill be finished  :)

WolfPredator89

Slighty customization on my berserker pred..

Next i will repaint him...

Blades

Blades

Guys, im hoping someone can help me?, about re-painting the beserker.  What do you guys mean by dry brushing? how would that help ?.  Also what would be better to paint it by hand or by air brush?, what kind of paint application would be best the greenish black one, or the recent one by Ghost Face?

Jace Madan

Jace Madan

Added netting and a few more other details to my Tracker and Falconer. Sorry about the blurry-ish pics, I'll try to take some better ones later.

Both have netting on the torso and left arm, and Falconer has netting on his right thigh as well. Also added leather straps to certain areas to add more detail. Also switched Falconer's armor with Berserkers, so Falconer has a Plasma Caster now. both have Wrist blades from the Mcfarlane AvP line (cut to different lengths) as I like the "layered" look of those blades better.

Ghostface

Ghostface

Customised my NECA Predalien basically because I hated it. I reshaped the mandibles, cut the dreads and slicked them under the crown and shaved a lot off the neck so the head can tilt back further allowing for a more crouched over stance. I then repainted the whole thing with a glossy black base, brown and bronze tints with silver highlights. I basically wanted it to look more like an alien than a monster that Chet was.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed