Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,431 times)

ScarPredator14

My Custom Anytime,Elder Predator, And the main predator from the new AVP game. enjoy

WolfPredator89

it is the mcfarlane anytime biohelmet, isnt it?

ScarPredator14

yea its the Mcfarlane anytime helmet easy custom i know neca is making one already but couldn't wait and wasent really digging the mcfarlane anytime, but the next step is changing his wrist communicator  so it has the flip action.

WolfPredator89

Quote from: ScarPredator14 on Aug 05, 2010, 10:55:11 PM
yea its the Mcfarlane anytime helmet easy custom i know neca is making one already but couldn't wait and wasent really digging the mcfarlane anytime, but the next step is changing his wrist communicator  so it has the flip action.

that would be cool! how do you change the wrist computer?

ScarPredator14

lol idk yet i was thinking like carefully cut it off the top? of the two then light glue it on? should work.. probly do it tonight post it up later

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: ScarPredator14 on Aug 05, 2010, 11:18:17 PM
lol idk yet i was thinking like carefully cut it off the top? of the two then light glue it on? should work.. probly do it tonight post it up later
Well im sure it would just simply fall off if you glue it, try maybe adding something to it so it can swivel. I would try but I dont have an extra figure or the right tools, although I have an extra wolf or two, might try to do something with those parts.

randy4321

randy4321

Can the head come off on the NECA wolf figure? I dont wanna break it trying, because I want to remove the trophy necklace and put it on one of the predators.

Jace Madan

Jace Madan

Quote from: randy4321 on Aug 06, 2010, 12:06:13 AM
Can the head come off on the NECA wolf figure? I dont wanna break it trying, because I want to remove the trophy necklace and put it on one of the predators.

Yep, it's just on a ball joint. I always use a hair dryer to remove parts from figures. Just heat the part of the figure up with the hair dyer until the plastic is nice and soft (usually 30 sec to a minute) and that puppy will pop right off.  And the same process to pop it back on. It's much easier on your hands and much less likely to damage the figure. I've figured that out the hard way! ;)

If you choose to you can even dissassemble glued parts this way too, you still need to use some force, but you can take apart alot of things just by heating it up enough with a hair dryer, just be careful not to melt it or set it down the wrong way while it hardens back up!

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: Jace Madan on Aug 06, 2010, 12:20:37 AM
Quote from: randy4321 on Aug 06, 2010, 12:06:13 AM

Yep, it's just on a ball joint. I always use a hair dryer to remove parts from figures. Just heat the part of the figure up with the hair dyer until the plastic is nice and soft (usually 30 sec to a minute) and that puppy will pop right off. It's much easier on your hands and much less likely to damage the figure. I've figured that out the hard way! ;)

If you choose to you can even dissassemble glued parts this way too, you still need to use some force, but you can take apart alot of things just by heating it up enough with a hair dryer, just be careful not to melt it or set it down the wrong way while it hardens back up!
If I had a hair dryer I would but I dont lol, but thanks for the tip. ill try to use force and let you know how it turns out.

randy4321

randy4321

well in attempt to twisting the head off the string for the necklace ripped so now I need some super glue to fix it or something.

Jace Madan

Jace Madan

Quote from: randy4321 on Aug 06, 2010, 12:26:02 AM
well in attempt to twisting the head off the string for the necklace ripped so now I need some super glue to fix it or something.

Aww, that sucks. Yeah depending on where it ripped a tiny dab of superglue applied with a tootpick should work.

Generally when i pop of the the heads, just put your thumb under the "chin" of the figure and just lean the head all the way back and it should pop righ off after you push it back far enough. Twisting won't really do much unless you are pulling it upwards at the same time. But that kind of grip on it, like you now know, can cause your fingers to hit parts you don't want them to.

Don't feel bad though, I've ruined alot bigger stuff than necklace parts trying to take apart figures. If only i knew then what I know now.....

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: Jace Madan on Aug 06, 2010, 12:33:46 AM

Aww, that sucks. Yeah depending on where it ripped a tiny dab of superglue applied with a tootpick should work.

Generally when i pop of the the heads, just put your thumb under the "chin" of the figure and just lean the head all the way back and it should pop righ off after you push it back far enough. Twisting won't really do much unless you are pulling it upwards at the same time. But that kind of grip on it, like you now know, can cause your fingers to hit parts you don't want them to.
Yeah I see what u mean. I kinda wanna take pics of my figures, But I dont have a camera =\ I put my alien and predators in some really good poses and would love to take some good shots, I have seen some really cool ones on the hunterslair but I have no idea how they get them to be soo good.

Jace Madan

Jace Madan

Quote from: randy4321 on Aug 06, 2010, 12:35:35 AM

Yeah I see what u mean. I kinda wanna take pics of my figures, But I dont have a camera =\ I put my alien and predators in some really good poses and would love to take some good shots, I have seen some really cool ones on the hunterslair but I have no idea how they get them to be soo good.

I think it's the lighting. From what I have seen some people make little 3-sided "studios" with a backdrop on it and use directional lighting (like from an overhead light) to get such good shots.

Kinda like when you see them making movies and they always have that guy with the shiny chrome ball checking how the light is reflecting off of everything in the set. Try checking out some photography websites on the 'net, i'm sure you can find some good tips and tricks for action figure/model kit photography. Some figure customization websites even have info like that.

randy4321

randy4321

Quote from: Jace Madan on Aug 06, 2010, 12:43:46 AM
Quote from: randy4321 on Aug 06, 2010, 12:35:35 AM

I think it's the lighting. From what I have seen some people make little 3-sided "studios" with a backdrop on it and use directional lighting (like from an overhead light) to get such good shots.

Kinda like when you see them making movies and they always have that guy with the shiny chrome ball checking how the light is reflecting off of everything in the set. Try checking out some photography websites on the 'net, i'm sure you can find some good tips and tricks for action figure/model kit photography. Some figure customization websites even have info like that.
Ohh I see, I wouldnt mind doing some because I would have some good ideas to be honest. It would be fun to do.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed