Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,405 times)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

That's really cool!
Have you got pictures from other perspectives?

Bakurenoh

Bakurenoh

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

You really made it look like a knight now, sweet work!

Praetorian Guardian

Praetorian Guardian

This is one of the images of my custom 2010 Praetorian alien tell me what you think.It was my first propper custom :) http://desert-chaos.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2s5gbb

Corporal Hicks

You use the NECA AvPR Warrior as a base?

WolfPredator89

Quote from: Tri beam on Jul 13, 2010, 09:40:30 PM
This is one of the images of my custom 2010 Praetorian alien tell me what you think.It was my first propper custom :) http://desert-chaos.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2s5gbb

Wow man! congratulations! you have to be very proud of that preatorian!!! really cool and neat! did you make something in his teeth? because i never liked the teeth of the avp:r warrior, but in your figure the teeth look cool!

Praetorian Guardian

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 13, 2010, 11:11:36 PM
You use the NECA AvPR Warrior as a base?
Yeah its the neca AVPR alien I used
Quote from: WolfPredator89 on Jul 14, 2010, 12:53:20 AM
Quote from: Tri beam on Jul 13, 2010, 09:40:30 PM

Wow man! congratulations! you have to be very proud of that preatorian!!! really cool and neat! did you make something in his teeth? because i never liked the teeth of the avp:r warrior, but in your figure the teeth look cool!
Yeah I painted the teeth bright white the normal teeth were boring lol

Thank you for your nice comments!! ;D ;D ;D

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

hey everybody I know you guys don't care for my costomization of my Alien figures and certainly don't care for my attempts of repainting my alien figures, HOWEVER! I have managed to gain great success with my NECA 18" scale Alien figure. I have taken parts from two of the same Alien figures, both of wich are from two diffrent series.

you all remember I had the series one 18" scale Alien, but it got seriously damaged by my mom's ex, I then got the series two of the same figure (the white domed version) at hastings, it was ok, but the torso suffered from bad melting at the factory, it had spots around the collar and neck where the plastic looked like it was smudged when it was removed from the cast. not only that the figure had the piece that connected the head to the neck broken on a 3' tumble off my display stand. I tried to fix it, and I couldn't.

anyways, I watched the movie Frankenstein, and thought, "I Could use the parts from the two figures, to create a completely new Alien figure!". I begun disassembling the two figures, discarded what I didn't need and kept the parts I wanted and needed.

I have also found out the head can be disassembled into four compnants...

Primary (The part that the Jaw, and Cranium attachs to)

Cranium (The Part that sports the ever famous human skull, and has the upper teeth)

Jaw (the lower Jaw, connects to the Primary componant)

and the Innerjaw.

the first Alien figure the one that was given to me by my girlfriend(Wich I designated 'AF-01'), mainly comprised of the fallowing...

Primary Head Componant, head and neck connecter/ball joint, inner jaw, torso, and shoulders.

and the second figure (Designated 'AF-02') pervided me with...

Waist, Legs, Tail, Arms, and Cranium.

after some Huffin, Puffin, Popping Blood Vessels, and nearly breaking my wrist and thumbs, I got the thing reassembled! a completely new ALIEN figure. I called it AF-C03. the figure unfortunantly wasn't fully completed. it still required a new paint job.

through the entire month of june, I began repainting the figure, I realized AF-C03 needs a color scheme to make it its own figure. something to give it an identity, I added a black base coat, after wich I began using a paper cloth to add silver highlights. after that, I got some dark brown and added brown to select areas like arms, head, legs, torso, dorsal tubes, and waist. even a bit on the hands.

I added a new design for the cranium. gave it a new look.

all this hard work has payed off! the images that you are about to see are of the figure as it is now...

a better look at the body....

I am ofcourse only 95% finished, the tail still needs some work done to it.

PLEASE! comment and tell me what you think. do you like it? Hate It? or do you want to steal it from me (HA! YEAH Right!)? I'd appreciate some critism too.

WolfPredator89

Oh that custom is great! when i repainted my classic alien i told you that i wanted to see your repaint.. i dont know if you remember that when you asked me how i painted the dome and make it look like it was froozen! well that was some months ago... anyways your custom  looks so cool.. now it needs a base..

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

Quote from: WolfPredator89 on Jul 15, 2010, 07:41:05 PM
Oh that custom is great! when i repainted my classic alien i told you that i wanted to see your repaint.. i dont know if you remember that when you asked me how i painted the dome and make it look like it was froozen! well that was some months ago... anyways your custom  looks so cool.. now it needs a base..

thanks, I got some work to do with it still. the tail didn't want to stay on, so I had to work on it. and the jaw tubes looked crooked so I am currently reworking them.

other then that I still keeping the 95% completion tag on it.

I haven't desided on what to do for the base. I had a base made for it before but the thing was made of poor quality wood, so now I am thinking of something of a clay and plastic veriety. I'm still unsure though. I may need to ask a friend of mine if she can help me make one.

you know what I don't like about Acrylique paint? it comes off too easily.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: TITANOSAUR on Jul 16, 2010, 09:10:03 AM
you know what I don't like about Acrylique paint? it comes off too easily.
Use that paint that is usually applied to warhammer miniatures then. Very resistant.

WolfPredator89

For the base you can get some good ideas viewing the big chap base or some parts of the ship.. or maybe something biomechanical... even you can use the parts of the other alien..

TITANOSAUR

TITANOSAUR

MK got the tail on (Hopefully) still workin on the jaw tubes, OH! btw I managed to finish painting silver on the tail, it looks great now. godda post new pics soon.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Quote from: Praetorian Guardian on Jul 13, 2010, 09:40:30 PM

That's brilliant, well done.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Praetorian Guardian on Jul 13, 2010, 09:40:30 PM

Am really impressed with this. You did a fantastic job! I do think the blend between the figure head and the crest could do with being hidden slightly better though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed