Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,461 times)

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 15, 2019, 08:59:28 PM
Thanks for the info! Will definitely try that first on my least valuable Big Chap or Warrior. The updated warrior alien has great finger and knee articulation. The only thing that's really missing for me is the neck. They need to be able to crawl and look up without contorting their bodies. So the first thing I'll try is sanding/carving the nape and the root of the head to see if I could get better range like that. If not, I'll have to try altering the neck peg somehow and I hope I can avoid that.

I'd try using a dremel if you have one, they're a great tool for custom work.

AhabPredator

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 15, 2019, 09:56:37 PM
Thanks for the info! Will definitely try that first on my least valuable Big Chap or Warrior. The updated warrior alien has great finger and knee articulation. The only thing that's really missing for me is the neck. They need to be able to crawl and look up without contorting their bodies. So the first thing I'll try is sanding/carving the nape and the root of the head to see if I could get better range like that. If not, I'll have to try altering the neck peg somehow and I hope I can avoid that.

Listen to this man. I regret having accidentally broke mine...

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 15, 2019, 09:09:32 PM
NECA should take notes;

https://www.predatorium.com/forums/attachments/alien_revo4-jpg.40624/

https://www.predatorium.com/forums/attachments/alien_revo5-jpg.40625/

https://www.predatorium.com/forums/attachments/alien_warrior03-jpg.40604/

https://www.predatorium.com/forums/attachments/alien_warrior04b-jpg.40607/

WTF are those hands???? Those are HUGE.

The Old One

The Old One

That's the size they're supposed to be.

I never liked the Stan Winston hands, but it's accurate.

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 15, 2019, 10:52:26 PM
That's the size they're supposed to be.

I never liked the Stan Winston hands, but it's accurate.

They are also not pegged all the way into the joint.

The Old One

The Old One

That'll be the photographer's fault. They're designed to come in and out to avoid breaking. I own both and they easily peg all the way in.
:-*

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah, not digging those figures nearly as much as Necas.

The Old One

The Old One

I think they're incredible for their scale, and their articulation blows Neca's out of the water. Plus, they got the look of the Big Chap right, which NECA in ten years still hasn't.

SiL

SiL

Still suffers the Curse of the Dome That Projects Too Far, which NECA did actually manage to address eventually.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah they may have articulation but those ball joints just look dumb.

Still Collating...

Neca does need to sort out some articulation problems. They are getting better, slowly but surely. I will weep with joy if the day comes that Neca give Big Chap and the warrior decent neck articulation. When they redid the mold for the ultimates, I have no idea why the hell they ignored the neck issue. The back spine is removable, that's a great step. Now just resculpt the neck so that we could get a better angle when bending the head, or give us a neck joint like the Dog alien has one.

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Feb 15, 2019, 09:56:37 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, I don't have one, but knowing how useful it is, I'm planning to get one because I want to get more into customizing. And since I'm an articulation junkie, I won't be able to ignore the neck for too long. I'll have to try.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 16, 2019, 03:56:08 AM
Yeah they may have articulation but those ball joints just look dumb.

I'd rather have ball joints than shit tier articulation and figures that get loose or break. Plus as I said, they're smaller than Figma, they don't have the space to disguise their ball joints, which are only obvious on the elbows and knees.

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 16, 2019, 01:51:15 PM
Neca does need to sort out some articulation problems. They are getting better, slowly but surely. I will weep with joy if the day comes that Neca give Big Chap and the warrior decent neck articulation. When they redid the mold for the ultimates, I have no idea why the hell they ignored the neck issue. The back spine is removable, that's a great step. Now just resculpt the neck so that we could get a better angle when bending the head, or give us a neck joint like the Dog alien has one.

Well, you can forget about it coming Officially from NECA, these new Warriors are called "Ultimate" so it's the final version, it's obvious they don't give a shit about neck articulation.
Predators can't look up either. Which is a shame because it would be simple to implement.

TheSailingRabbit

Would anyone here like to be interviewed for the Members' Studio thread?

AhabPredator

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Feb 17, 2019, 01:41:10 PM

What does that consist of? I might be interested.  ;D

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 17, 2019, 04:36:51 PM

I send 11 questions through PM. You answer, and then I post it to the interview thread.

AhabPredator

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Feb 17, 2019, 04:38:31 PM
Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 17, 2019, 04:36:51 PM

I send 11 questions through PM. You ans8wer, and then I post it to the interview thread.

Sounds fine to me. PM away!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed