Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,422 times)

Still Collating...

Damn, that looks really nice. Diorama making is such a beautiful hobby IMO.

Have you looked into the Extreme Sets diorama pieces? The Nela Level 6 piece is great for a Hadley's Hope type environment.

Thunderjack88

Does anyone have any tips for building the inside of a Predator 2 style ship? Just got a 28mm scale Predator Gunship and I'm thinking I'll display it and the clan inside a bigger ships hanger.

-TJ88

AhabPredator

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 11, 2019, 06:53:31 PM
Damn, that looks really nice. Diorama making is such a beautiful hobby IMO.

Have you looked into the Extreme Sets diorama pieces? The Nela Level 6 piece is great for a Hadley's Hope type environment.

Thank you! I'm going to start my predalien when I get home from work.  8)

The Old One

The Old One

Anticipation.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 11, 2019, 07:54:08 PM
Anticipation.

:D Don't worry! You'll get progress pics. I did work out the extra dreads! I sacrificed the unmasked Fugitive Head for his mandibles and dreads. The dreads are the right texture and shape. I painted over the beads to conceal them. Now will be mixing and matching parts, sculpting, and paint.

;D

Voodoo Magic

Hmm. Photographed on Moby Dick. What does it mean... ;D

AhabPredator

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 11, 2019, 08:31:31 PM

Ahab reference confirmed?

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: AhabPredator on Feb 11, 2019, 09:22:08 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Feb 11, 2019, 08:31:31 PM

Ahab reference confirmed?

:laugh:

AhabPredator

Alright guys...this was a major pain in this ass, but here was so far. I had to fuse the neck to the body with an soldiering iron and super glue.

Thoughts?

The Old One

The Old One

Looks good, it's coming along!

AhabPredator

Quote from: The Old One on Feb 11, 2019, 11:09:54 PM
Looks good, it's coming along!

Thanks! Did you notice how different the jaw an mandibles were?

Still Collating...

Looks great, as usual. The closed mandibles give the jaw a nicer shape. Good work there, better than the original design for sure. Though I can't make out the upper mandibles. Plus, yeah, the predalien looks so much better with a darker skin tone.
Are you gonna change the dreads? Don't know if you like it like that but IMO they always stuck out too much on the figure. Looks like Chet is having a bad hair day. If your not gonna use other dreadlocks, maybe you can just bend them with enough heat and slope them back for a more streamlined look, if you don't like the dreds as they are.

Quote from: Thunderjack88 on Feb 11, 2019, 07:01:02 PM
Does anyone have any tips for building the inside of a Predator 2 style ship? Just got a 28mm scale Predator Gunship and I'm thinking I'll display it and the clan inside a bigger ships hanger.

-TJ88

For the ground level fog you can use ripped and thinned cotton balls, and for the walls and pillars you can either find a similar pattern online, copy it on paper/cardboard and cut it to make the pillars out of, or you can draw from the stills, scan it, minimize it, copy it and repeat the former process I mentioned. 

AhabPredator

This is where I left off. Thinking he needs a few splotching details and a wash or two.

Thunderjack88

Quote from: Still Collating... on Feb 12, 2019, 12:17:35 AM
Quote from: Thunderjack88 on Feb 11, 2019, 07:01:02 PM

-TJ88

For the ground level fog you can use ripped and thinned cotton balls, and for the walls and pillars you can either find a similar pattern online, copy it on paper/cardboard and cut it to make the pillars out of, or you can draw from the stills, scan it, minimize it, copy it and repeat the former process I mentioned. 

Thanks, I didn't even think about the fog.
A good suggestion was hoping to have a more 3d feel to the texture if possible at least for the backdrop as needs to be large for the dropship.

-TJ88

AhabPredator

I finished him. I am very, very happy with the end result. He looks incredible. Pictures don't do it justice!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed