Post Your Custom Figures/Models

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 12, 2006, 11:25:15 AM

Author
Post Your Custom Figures/Models (Read 650,452 times)

Jin Saotome

Jin Saotome

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Nov 10, 2013, 04:25:00 PM
Quote from: Sabres21768 on Nov 10, 2013, 02:57:04 PM
Very cool. I've always been a fan of Preds with blades on both arms. How did you do the arm switch?

I boiled some water to loosen the plastic and popped off the forearm. I had to cut the blade off and reattach them though, the plastic NECA uses has a tendency to warp in really hot water

Use a hairdryer on high next time, won't warp the plastic and softens it faster than boiling water

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

Thanks for the tips. I see some custom work in my future.

Jin Saotome

You've seen different species of Aliens before but what about the Predators? Here I've taken a leap into different Predator types rather than castes starting with the "Predataur". This Minotaur Predator was created using a Beserker head, regular Predator netted body, McFarlane Grunt Storm arms and feet, and Gears of War Locust armor. Horns from the Predator hound were added and some LotR orc armor as well. I give him a paint scheme similar to Nightstorm Predator so he could have a hunting buddy. Now the Predataur is ready to crash a china shop!

More pics here---> Minotaur Predator figure

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

That head could almost work as a modern update to the old unreleased Kenner "Heavy Infantry Predator". I was about to ask if you were interested in doing a custom of that, and I saw that you'd already done one. :P

Vark_

Vark_

Here are some custom resin helmets I made for my USCM.
Sculpt is out of wax on a Neca spare T800 head, then molded in gelatin and cast in dental resin + metal parts (for the microphone boomer). I did those at work (I'm a dental technician).

They're not exactly screen accurate of course, and I didn't feel like I could reproduce the camo so I painted them OD green + slight brown dry brush, but I think they still do the job :).

(Hudson from a previous version of my display, when Hicks wasn't having his own)

Master

Master

Found it while lurking through net. It`s not my, though I wish it was.

http://walyou.com/steampunk-cyborg-predator-artwork/

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Now that is some INSANE custom work there by the sculptor here! I mean... DAMN!

Master

Master

Yeah, that`s some awe inspiring work right here.

JokersWarPig

I still have some minor painting to do on them, but that's being put off since I'm working on the diorama around them. I still need to pick up 2 of the nw Windrix (RIP) marines so I can have some flame thrower operators. I have two of those and one more female marine planned.

Repping that Mass Effect

Smart Gunners (I have no idea how to go about keeping articulation and making the robotic arm.)

Not wounded Hudson, still gotta cover the tattoo

Wounded Ash marine, one of my favorites

Apone and ACM's Cpl. Winter

RE Chris and Sheva. My face painting on Chris isn't the best.

Vark_

Vark_

Wow, that's a good bunch ! Thumbs up !
Apone is my favorite, the face is really accurate, and with the cigar it's really awesome ! Great work on those smart gunners too.

Talking of these, I think you should create the articulated "steady-cam" robotic arm in metal wire coated with a soft material (like rubber ?).
Thanks to the metal wire you should bend the "arm" at high angles and at the same time hold it in a straight position, so you can change the figures' display, and the rubber coating would simulate the width of the arm structure no matter the position.

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

What figure is your Cpl. Winter made from?

JokersWarPig

Quote from: Sabres21768 on Feb 09, 2014, 11:46:00 PM
What figure is your Cpl. Winter made from?

It's the "Gale Hawthorne" figure from the NECA hunger games line

Quote from: Vark_ on Feb 08, 2014, 11:04:41 PM
Wow, that's a good bunch ! Thumbs up !
Apone is my favorite, the face is really accurate, and with the cigar it's really awesome ! Great work on those smart gunners too.

Talking of these, I think you should create the articulated "steady-cam" robotic arm in metal wire coated with a soft material (like rubber ?).
Thanks to the metal wire you should bend the "arm" at high angles and at the same time hold it in a straight position, so you can change the figures' display, and the rubber coating would simulate the width of the arm structure no matter the position.

I might give that a shot, if I can come up with the materials to do it. I'm focusing more on finishing the miniature egg/hive room right now.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

It looks like Jin didn't post it here (yet), but he did a Kenner Mantis Alien remake:

http://jin-saotome.deviantart.com/art/Custom-Mantis-Alien-Kenner-style-figure-416146243?q=gallery%3AJin-Saotome%2F312936&qo=20

Mint_Condition

To see more, visit ---> http://www.mintconditioncustom.com/custom-avp-tequila/

I know it had mixed reactions, but I love the 2010 Aliens Vs. Predator video game. One of my favorite characters in the game was Corporal Teresa "Tequila" Aquila. She was smart, strong, and wasn't afraid to tackle with some xenos. I love the character, and I love the idea of expanding the ranks, so I just had to customize her. Tequila is made using the upper body (and upper legs) from a NECA Portal 2 Chell figure, with the lower legs, armor, and pulse rifle from a NECA Aliens Corporal Hicks. I pored over several screenshots of the Tequila character from the Aliens Vs. Predator video game to make sure I got this custom down as accurately as possible. She had several personal details on her armor in the game, as well as tattoos, that I replicated here. I weathered the armor and decals to look realistic, and painted her pants to look like what a Colonial Marine would wear. I had to so some tailoring on the armor to get it to fit right, and then I added some straps, gave her a shoulder lamp and pulse rifle, and now Corporal Tequila is ready to go bug stomping!

Thanks for looking!

Vark_

Vark_

Great job you've done here !

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed