The Ending [Spoilers, don't open if not played]

Started by Xenoscream, Oct 10, 2014, 08:39:11 PM

Author
The Ending [Spoilers, don't open if not played] (Read 18,078 times)

Taxemic

Just finished the game. Liked the ending. Seems fitting that she's alone, had closure, destroyed Sevestapol. And we can all have fun speculating  ;) ... Or moaning  ;D

Le Celticant

I felt the ending perfectly reflects the story, it was going nowhere circling around an empty room.
I really liked to play the game, but I never got the chance to dive into the story.
Even if everything was well thought (characters looks good, voices are fine, motivation, blabla) and wasn't illogical to ALIEN I just had the impression that everything was kinda empty or was just scratching the surface.
They never tried to dig a bit more the thing and we're left with too many open questions I believe which is not good.

I understand the first alien homage by not trying to give too much away to keep some mysteries but here it felt like that everything and everyone is a mystery and the seegson computers don't help you either.

Taxemic

Quote from: Le Celticant on Oct 13, 2014, 04:36:14 PM
I felt the ending perfectly reflects the story, it was going nowhere circling around an empty room.
I really liked to play the game, but I never got the chance to dive into the story.
Even if everything was well thought (characters looks good, voices are fine, motivation, blabla) and wasn't illogical to ALIEN I just had the impression that everything was kinda empty or was just scratching the surface.
They never tried to dig a bit more the thing and we're left with too many open questions I believe which is not good.

I understand the first alien homage by not trying to give too much away to keep some mysteries but here it felt like that everything and everyone is a mystery and the seegson computers don't help you either.

That's exactly why I love the first film and also why I love this game. The companies are faceless organisations, rather than having Bishop after Weyland after Bishop over and over like every other recent game has done. To me I wanted decent gameplay. I got that and then some. Amanda went looking for answers and she found them. What more story do we need?

acrediblesource

Here is something to chew on:

How the hell did they get all those eggs onto the Sevestapol?
Was it the alien? Was it Anisadora's crew?
Was it the androids? - (I imagine that the androids have a profound back story to this because,
1. They started to become violent (reported throughout the story)
2. What made them violent? could it be that they were told to bring the eggs back to the ship (the only ones who aren't targetted by the aliens). Did they go crazy after betraying their ethical programming?

Le Celticant

1) The eggs were likely made by the Alien through the process of egg morphing.
There are other topics discussing it around, look for them.

2) Marlow and his team brought the Alien(s) back.

3) The android have nothing to do here, they are doing what they've been told. Seegson wasn't thinking anything beside selling it.
WY purchased it, they reprogrammed the synthetic with the order 937 that's it.

acrediblesource

youre being  speculative. there are no definitive answers.
Marlow brought a facehugger back but not an actual alien or egg (how would they bring back a full alien or egg anyway?).  At least without reading every log, and viewing all scenes thats what i'm getting.
My guess is the alien snuck on board  and grabbed victims everywhere,  the chestburster (a queen) grew out of the first victim. yada yada yada.

Quote from: Le Celticant on Oct 13, 2014, 06:03:53 PM

3) The android have nothing to do here, they are doing what they've been told. Seegson wasn't thinking anything beside selling it.

Doktor Wunderbar

Quote from: acrediblesource on Oct 13, 2014, 07:27:53 PM
Marlow brought a facehugger back but not an actual alien or egg (how would they bring back a full alien or egg anyway?).  At least without reading every log, and viewing all scenes thats what i'm getting.
My guess is the alien snuck on board  and grabbed victims everywhere,  the chestburster (a queen) grew out of the first victim. yada yada yada.

The implication I got is that for the beginning of the game, there was only one adult xenomorph around.  It dragged half the human population down to the reactor level, turned half of them into eggs, and let the other half spawn new drones.  Ripley purged the nest before too many drones reached adulthood, so the number of active drones on Sevastopol is never more than one or two (or however many escaped the reactor purge).

Of course, for all I know, Marlow's wife birthed a queen and there were dozens of drones the whole time Ripley was there.

As for why no one hid out in a space ambulance...they probably have no food, no water, limited oxygen, and limited fuel.  And yes, I think fuel would be a concern any time the craft was not actually docked to something.

acrediblesource

There is alot here for a potential DLC sequel.

1. All those body bags and we never actually got to see a body inside them. It's speculation at best to say that there are bodies in them or possible they might look a tad light.
2. The maniacal androids everywhere. Some who are more violent off hand (especially when you've passed a certain point of security) and some whom when first activated didn't quite appear that interested in killing you.
Why they wanted to destroy W-Y synthetics.
3. How eggs got on board (which everyhere have their own theories)

I think in the essence of the original film, Creative Assem. will never answer these questions.

PsyKore

I didn't notice any signs of egg-morphing (even though I wanted to see it). The hive construct and the way the eggs are laid around the place takes a lot of cues from Aliens, so I think the game is steering more towards the idea of a Queen. She was probably somewhere we just didn't see.

Doktor Wunderbar

Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 14, 2014, 02:52:01 AM
I didn't notice any signs of egg-morphing (even though I wanted to see it). The hive construct and the way the eggs are laid around the place takes a lot of cues from Aliens, so I think the game is steering more towards the idea of a Queen. She was probably somewhere we just didn't see.
I'm not sure whether I'm disappointed or relieved that they didn't show a queen.  I feel that by not showing her, they kept the feel closer to Alien, whereas every other game in the universe takes more inspiration from Aliens.  I think showing a queen would have made the drones seem lesser by comparison; as the game stands, they are the deadliest threat you will face, and I certainly felt that way the whole time.  On the other hand, it leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

And no, there were no signs of egg-morphing too.  That would've been cool, but it might have been a little too much fanservice.

PsyKore

Quote from: Doktor_Wunderbar on Oct 14, 2014, 03:24:03 AM
Quote from: PsyKore on Oct 14, 2014, 02:52:01 AM
I think showing a queen would have made the drones seem lesser by comparison; as the game stands, they are the deadliest threat you will face, and I certainly felt that way the whole time.

I feel the same way. The Queen has a "boss" status, when really it should be the Alien itself that is the boss. It's probably good they didn't show her.

Although, once I found out there were more than a bunch of Aliens in this game, I kind of felt it diminished the impact of the Alien somewhat. I can't explain why. I guess one solitary Alien, to me, seems more frightening than an army of them, if you know what I mean.

Jango1201

Considering how formidable the singular alien was, I was pissing myself in the hive when my tracker when berserk with readings. Everyone feels that multiple aliens goes directly into Cameron territory. But multiple Alien aliens is a frightening concept that dam near did me in for this game.

acrediblesource

my gut feeling when i saw multiple aliens were immediately demoting the single alien as a threat mainly due to the fact that every other game SPOILED THE SHIT out of that experience. I would have been very content if they left them out.
Once two aliens showed, the feeling for me was a sense of confusion and frustration as if it were a glitch. Then when I saw 4 at once, it was like, meh. Felt like Colonial Marines however we will never get to attack them as such. Then saw a pack of them and they all seemed so tiny. Made very little sense to me to show them all, but then after all it is The Franchise were dealing with.

PRI. HUDSON

So Marlow carried a ton of eggs to the reactor?

LOLnope.

Le Celticant

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Oct 15, 2014, 01:12:47 AM

So Marlow carried a ton of eggs to the reactor?

LOLnope.

You jump into conclusion too quickly my dear.
the (s) of alien(s) is that they either brought one or more than one alien.
Which is likely considering there are two other people with marlow in the derelict.
by the way, there are 3 alien NPC in the hive (Yes, I was so bored that I counted  ::) ).

Then the history will tell you that they use eggmorphing or that a queen was somewhere around.
No big deal here.

Let's get back to that ending.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed