Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 846,375 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Police Academy 6 - City Under Siege
Lol yeah its awful, but was also the first ever PA Movie i saw, so its a guilty pleasure

Bad Boys for Life
Not as good as the first one but a lot better than the second. Though they could have cut one of the subplots

Ticks (1993)
Cheesy Creature Feature starring Seth Green and Alfonso "Carlton" Ribero

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Bad Boys

"You drive slow enough to drive Miss Daisy!"

Bad Boys II

"This is our little 'boundary box.' We're gonna take the word 'flaccid' and put it in there with my mom's titties, and your erection problem, and we gonna close this box and we gonna throw this bitch in the ocean. And the only way that you can get to this box is you gotta be motherf**kin' Jacques Cousteau." :laugh:

I feel like that after having to spend time making a straight faced, supposedly serious movie like Pearl Harbor, Bay just let out all of his pent up Bay-ness in this. :laugh:

Huggs

Huggs

The Edge (4/5)

"He's a mankilla!"

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 20, 2020, 10:08:50 PMBad Boys II

I feel like that after having to spend time making a straight faced, supposedly serious movie like Pearl Harbor, Bay just let out all of his pent up Bay-ness in this. :laugh:

I'll be honest, that's about the only film where I can actually appreciate Bay going full Bay. Even if practically every major action sequence is stolen wholesale from another movie, it's still one hell of a ride. My mates and I used to quote it endlessly when I was at college.

"Oh, damn! It's the Negroes!"
"They throwin' cars! How'd I not see that?!"
"You need to suppress my momma's titties outta your psycho-analysis..."
"You know, Dan Marino should definitely buy this car... Well, not this one, 'cause I'm gonna f*ck this one up. But he should definitely get one like it."
"I can't believe you guys! Do you get up in the morning, call each other up - 'Good morning, Marcus.' 'Good morning, Mike.' 'How you doin'?' 'Ai'ight.' 'So, how are we going to f**k up the Captain's life today?' 'Gee, I don't know... Ooh, look! Over there! Let's kill three fat people and leave them in the street!'"
"This is a nice fish. Big f*ckin' eyes, but a nice f*ckin' fish..."
"Shit, n*gga, you 'least thirty."
"Plan B did not have that big-ass gun in it!"

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 21, 2020, 11:36:34 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 20, 2020, 10:08:50 PMBad Boys II

I'll be honest, that's about the only film where I can actually appreciate Bay going full Bay. Even if practically every major action sequence is stolen wholesale from another movie, it's still one hell of a ride. My mates and I used to quote it endlessly when I was at college.

"Oh, damn! It's the Negroes!"
"They throwin' cars! How'd I not see that?!"
"You need to suppress my momma's titties outta your psycho-analysis..."
"You know, Dan Marino should definitely buy this car... Well, not this one, 'cause I'm gonna f*ck this one up. But he should definitely get one like it."
"I can't believe you guys! Do you get up in the morning, call each other up - 'Good morning, Marcus.' 'Good morning, Mike.' 'How you doin'?' 'Ai'ight.' 'So, how are we going to f**k up the Captain's life today?' 'Gee, I don't know... Ooh, look! Over there! Let's kill three fat people and leave them in the street!'"
"This is a nice fish. Big f*ckin' eyes, but a nice f*ckin' fish..."
"Shit, n*gga, you 'least thirty."
"Plan B did not have that big-ass gun in it!"

"Y'all motherf**kers need Jesus!"

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 21, 2020, 01:59:20 AM
The Edge (4/5)

"He's a mankilla!"

Love that movie.

What one man can do, another can do!!!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Abbott and Costello Meet the Mummy

There are some decent gags here and there, but overall there just isn't enough here to fill out the run time. And it's rankly mind-boggling that a spoof is 10-20 minutes longer than the actual Mummy movies tended to run.

Huggs

Huggs

In Harms Way (4/5)

The Sentinel (3/5)

American Gangster: Unrated Cut (4.5/5)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Disturbing The Peace (2020)
Average/very average movie with a solid Guy Pearce. A job is a job but the man deserves better movies than this.

Huggs

Huggs

Air Force One (2/5)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 22, 2020, 03:24:02 AMAir Force One (2/5)

I literally just watched that the other day myself.

There's some cringy moments in it (like when the fighter pilot gets in the way of the missile, it's so ridiculously overdone) but 2/5? Nah, more like 4.5/5; it's one of the holy trinity of Die Hard rip-offs. The setting's cool, the score's ace, the dialogue's tighter than a gnat's arsehole, the action's exciting and varied, and Ford and especially Oldman are wonderful in it. The CGI hasn't aged well but fortunately most of the effects seem to be model work that still looks awesome. Great film.

Brotherhood: Taegukgi

Korean-made film about the Korean War. Billed at the time as Korea's Saving Private Ryan, and it's easy to see why - stylistically it's very much drawing from the same well. I remember when this came out, I didn't even know Korea had a film industry, so I was shocked at the production values - aside from some truly shocking but mercifully brief CGI during the final battle, it looks like a Hollywood movie. The plot's interesting, the cast are mostly really good, and the combat sequences are harrowing and refreshingly grounded for an Asian movie. I especially appreciate that it doesn't take the easy way out and paint the war as a simple case of the valiant South vs. the evil North - it shows both sides committing atrocities, including some perpetrated by the main characters.

Also worth a watch because it sheds a little light on a war that's basically been forgotten by the West because it came between World War II and Vietnam.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Dracula (1931)

Frankenstein (1931)

An excellent double bill.

Huggs

Huggs

Island in the sky (3/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

In Time

I don't think this was supposed to be funny, but it was goddamn hilarious all the same. Between the time puns, Timberlake's acting, and the ridiculous over dramatic death scenes, this was a comedy masterpiece.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 24, 2020, 01:40:34 AM
In Time

I don't think this was supposed to be funny, but it was goddamn hilarious all the same. Between the time puns, Timberlake's acting, and the ridiculous over dramatic death scenes, this was a comedy masterpiece.

I think I still have a copy of that laying around here somewhere. I need to watch it one more time and donate it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed